Ordering times

ThreeLRanch

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F-250 xlt
So I was going to try and order in the next 2-3 months so I could save up 7-10 grand to put down but now things have changed a little and looks like it will be around October before I could put an order in. So my question is for someone that’s never orders one is .... does ford let you order pretty much all year ? I know I saw where they ended early this year but what’s the normal time they stop ?

IconicTremor6.7

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Vet
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor 6.7
First Responder
Former crash fire rescue USAF
I believe in late March the 21 orders stopped. I bought my truck april 8 and orders were closed. this is for super duty only

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 "Godzilla" F350 Dually "Iconic silver" 4x4
I was going to order a 2022 F350 and was told expect 22-24 weeks out for delivery.

IconicTremor6.7

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Vet
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor 6.7
First Responder
Former crash fire rescue USAF
I was going to order a 2022 F350 and was told expect 22-24 weeks out for delivery.
Yeah dealer said he could build me one but it would be august on arrival

5.8 Venom

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21' F250 445ci Lariat Carbon Grey
Current Ride #2
2014 Shelby GT500
So I was going to try and order in the next 2-3 months so I could save up 7-10 grand to put down but now things have changed a little and looks like it will be around October before I could put an order in. So my question is for someone that’s never orders one is .... does ford let you order pretty much all year ? I know I saw where they ended early this year but what’s the normal time they stop ?
Well, nothing is set in stone anymore, with COVID everything changes constantly, but for last year they closed 20' orders in August and then opened 21' orders in early Nov. So basically a 3 month window to build the remaining 20' trucks and no placing orders for trucks during that time.

OP
ThreeLRanch

ThreeLRanch

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F-250 xlt
Well, nothing is set in stone anymore, with COVID everything changes constantly, but for last year they closed 20' orders in August and then opened 21' orders in early Nov. So basically a 3 month window to build the remaining 20' trucks and no placing orders for trucks during that time.
I understand that it’s been an abnormal year and what I was mainly wondering is how they usally do on cut off times and know that could vary. I hope I’ll be safe in waiting until October before ordering. I really don’t want to get into the 23’s because of the interior redesign I feel like will come.

jeeptree2112

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor 7.3
Yep Just ordered F250 Trem 7.3 and 22's start June 1 and mine is slated at June 15 so 6-8 weeks from there the Ford rep said...August

JRock17

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F250 CC 6.7
Just a thought..... put the order in at the end of the summer so you get in under the wire, finance the truck when it comes in with whatever down payment you have at that point, and then re finance it a few months later when you get the rest of the down payment...
You do not need a full down payment to order it, any dealer will take $500 or $1000 on an order, and quite honestly, if the truck came in and you felt you could not take it, I am sure they would give you your money back, any dealer can sell a tremor that they have in stock in a heartbeat, they wont get get stuck with it....

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge