Ordering Post Covid

New Member here - graduating from a 2004 F250 XLT with the V10.....

Put in my order Yesterday 7/28 for a Magnetic 6.7L Lariat F350 Ultimate Sport. The Sales Manager at my dealership told me it seemed like Ford was prioritizing retail orders over stock units. He thought there was a slight chance of the order being filled sooner than the 10-12 weeks they normally quote people. Fingers crossed it's some-how fast tracked! I'm not expecting it to show up before October/November though....

From what I'm reading it may be a 2021 model?? How long should I wait to bug them for a VIN#?

New Member here - graduating from a 2004 F250 XLT with the V10.....

Put in my order Yesterday 7/28 for a Magnetic 6.7L Lariat F350 Ultimate Sport. The Sales Manager at my dealership told me it seemed like Ford was prioritizing retail orders over stock units. He thought there was a slight chance of the order being filled sooner than the 10-12 weeks they normally quote people. Fingers crossed it's some-how fast tracked! I'm not expecting it to show up before October/November though....

From what I'm reading it may be a 2021 model?? How long should I wait to bug them for a VIN#?
so they pick up order on Thursday at 10 am Central time so maybe Friday

Newbie here and gonna be a convert...been running a Cummins for the last 8 yrs. Fun's over though with those Diesels, so Im jumping on the Big Block bandwagon. Was able to swap out a few details on a last dealer allocated 2020 F250 Lariat Tremor this week. Order confirmed 7/28. Based on my findings, Ill be following up for the VIN in the am. I was told 10-14 weeks due to Covid as many others have said, but am hopeful that translates into a September delivery.

Is 10 a good number for priority??

Newbie here and gonna be a convert...been running a Cummins for the last 8 yrs. Fun's over though with those Diesels, so Im jumping on the Big Block bandwagon. Was able to swap out a few details on a last dealer allocated 2020 F250 Lariat Tremor this week. Order confirmed 7/28. Based on my findings, Ill be following up for the VIN in the am. I was told 10-14 weeks due to Covid as many others have said, but am hopeful that translates into a September delivery.

Is 10 a good number for priority??

Did your sales person give you your priority #? Or where did you get that? I was given an order # of 4545.... No idea what I can do with this other than maybe use it to reference when I call asking for a VIN.

Its listed on the order print out they gave me.
the lower the number the better but for private customers like us 10 is the best we can have.
if you have a business you can get a lower priority number

@INeedMud
So I tried ordering a couple weeks ago, and was told 2020 ordering closed early. You should talk to your dealer again and verify if you have a 2020 or 2021. Also last i saw 2021 ordering opens 17 AUG.

Well, I'm getting excited now. Thanks to all the Ford employees working hard thru tough times. My truck is on it's way.
VIN: 1FT8W3BN6LED81436
Order ID: A001
Customer: ARCHER
Vehicle: 2020 Ford SuperDuty F-350 LARIAT
Order Receipt Date: 2020-05-05
Production Date: 2020-07-23
Shipment Date: 2020-07-29
Days in Transit (Estimated): 45
Final Delivered Date (Estimated): 2020-09-13
Final Delivered Date (Actual):

New to the forum. Going from 2016 F150 King Ranch to F350 King Ranch Tremor 7.3. Order date of 6/25/20. Got notice from dealer on Monday that VIN has been assigned with production date week of Aug 31. Hopefully will have it in Sept.

Vehicle Details
Ordered On 7/8/2020
Order Number xxxx
VIN 1FT8W2BT4LEExxxxx
Estimated Dealer Delivery N/A

well got the vin today dealer says sept 21 for build. Ouch but at least there is a vin now.

Back