Options besides Chapman and Granger?

gsea

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
‘22 7.3L F350
My brother ordered locally and is receiving his truck next week. Seems the dealer had a higher priority for whatever reason. Granted he was only able to get invoice (after a LOT of negotiating) as opposed to the 2% or 4%, but also doesn't have to deal with flying out to drive his machine home.

Making me wonder if there is another dealer besides the two well-known high-volume ones that I should be looking at....?

My brother ordered locally and is receiving his truck next week. Seems the dealer had a higher priority for whatever reason. Granted he was only able to get invoice (after a LOT of negotiating) as opposed to the 2% or 4%, but also doesn't have to deal with flying out to drive his machine home.

Making me wonder if there is another dealer besides the two well-known high-volume ones that I should be looking at....?
Bill Fick Ford in Texas; they seem to do the largest amount of Super Duty turnover in the nation.

How much time between ordering and receiving?

What options did he pick?

How much time between ordering and receiving?

What options did he pick?
I think 4 months. Loaded up Platinum... bed liner, 5th wheel, etc. All the things they say delay orders.

Bill Fick Ford in Texas; they seem to do the largest amount of Super Duty turnover in the nation.
Thanks for the recommendation. Do you know how they are on pricing? Will they do invoice or anything under invoice?

I am in Utah, I couldn't get any of the Local dealers to budge. That was back in Late August. Early Sept. Most didn't even want to talk MSRP. I ordered my Platinum from Granger, built in 31 days, Picked it up in Iowa, drove straight home cost me gas plus $250 in plane for my son and I. Had a fun time doing so. To me it was worth saving $1600 dollars if you got it at invoice, which I couldn't find locally so I really saved over 7K if I bought at MSRP. At that time the best quote I got was 1K over MSRP. I didn't fight or try any harder, just ordered from Granger.

Fick quoted me 2% under MSRP but wouldn't budge any lower. However, I've spoken to people that say they were "quoted" invoice but ended up ordering elsewhere (for whatever reason)... probably need to talk to different sales guys to get the full story.

Another thought, unless the dealer is in Utah or maybe Vegas or Denver, someplace close does it really matter if its in Texas or Iowa or PA or ??? Have to go get it either way. Have to go get in Vegas or Denver too but a bit closer. I was gone 24 hours when I got mine in Iowa between flight time and drive time back.

4% below invoice from Fred Beans in Langhorne in PA. Received the pop up on their site 2/26. I have a order in through Chapman though.

I used granger's qoute to negotiate locally and got 2% under invoice plus an extra $500 off (which offset the higher dealer fees and basically matched granger). I fully intended to order from granger if no one local wanted to be competitive. Granted most dealers didn't want to deal but a couple did, helps I have like a dozen within 60mi.

I am in Utah, I couldn't get any of the Local dealers to budge. That was back in Late August. Early Sept. Most didn't even want to talk MSRP. I ordered my Platinum from Granger, built in 31 days, Picked it up in Iowa, drove straight home cost me gas plus $250 in plane for my son and I. Had a fun time doing so. To me it was worth saving $1600 dollars if you got it at invoice, which I couldn't find locally so I really saved over 7K if I bought at MSRP. At that time the best quote I got was 1K over MSRP. I didn't fight or try any harder, just ordered from Granger.
Also in UT and ordered with the same dealer out of state. Running the numbers for all-in costs with fuel, airfare, etc and comparing it to x-plan locally, Granger is only ~$300 and Chapman is ~$800-900.

So, if I could find someone local to go under invoice, say, 1% or so, it would erase the savings and keep a few thousand miles off the truck, with the added potential benefit of being able to trade my current truck in (if I decided to) more easily without making it a 4,000 miles round-trip drive.

That said, I love road trips and had planned to treat it as a bit of an excuse for a trip and to see a few areas of the country I haven't yet explored much... so I'm not too sad about it if I can't find someone local.

So, you're right in that even switching to another dealer elsewhere still presents the transportation challenge, which isn't necessarily what I'm trying to resolve:

The biggest issue is that Chapman is now telling me the don't think my 22 will get built this year (in fact, they're no longer taking new orders) and will have to go to a 23, and then I looked at Granger who is now saying the same thing. So, it's more of a build priority question at this point than a savings exercise. If I can move my order to a dealer with a higher priority, at the same pricing, that also happens to be a bit closer (or even in a different area that my other half would be more interested to travel to), then it's a win-win-win.

Last edited:
Bill Brown in Livonia, MI. which is the largest Ford dealer in the world based on sales volume. They honor all pricing plans (AXZ). This is the dealer I used and can recommend a salesperson if you are interested.

FWIW I called Chapman in Horsham and they told me a year wait, especially if I added spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep.

FWIW I called Chapman in Horsham and they told me a year wait, especially if I added spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep.

So what you're saying is my F250 is never coming since it has BAP, bedliner and 5th wheel... I've waited 20 months for my Bronco and it's still not here. Fingers crossed Ford figures out all these production issues.

So what you're saying is my F250 is never coming since it has BAP, bedliner and 5th wheel... I've waited 20 months for my Bronco and it's still not here. Fingers crossed Ford figures out all these production issues.

I'm just passing along the message I got when I called to inquire. Who knows whats going to happen in the next few months.

In my opinion, this all gets way worse if China invades Taiwan...talk about a chip shortage.

Really interesting to hear of the quoted delays for bedliner and 5th wheel prep. I ordered a 2022 F350 Tremor Lariat Ultimate with pretty much every option except roof clearance lights, and adaptive steering from Wilson Motors here in Utah on October 27th and received a VIN and build date of March 21st on February 1st. Two weeks ago they changed my build date to March 14th, then changed it back to March 21st a few days ago.

My father ordered a 2022 F250 Platinum with everything and was called by a Ford Rep asking if he'd like to cut the 5th wheel prep and bedliner to save 4 months of wait time - which he did, but still does not have a build date and he ordered October 17th.

Not sure how mine squeaked through, but fingers crossed it isn't the rushed unit last off the line before the factory takes a vacation.

ETA: Wilson gave about $3k off MSRP (really close to invoice, if I recall) and gave me $5k more in trade for my 2017 F150 than 3 other dealers offered. The difference in tax savings pretty much washes the added discount and travel/annoyance of Midwest dealers.

That said, I'm thinking of placing a 2023 order if the new interior drops and may do so with a Midwest dealer and drop off/trade my 2022 at that time.

If you’re near mobile AL Mullinax took good care of me.

I’ll be honest, I’ve been disappointed with Granger. They seem to have bitten off more than they can chew in orders. I’m sure they’re making $$$$, but at the customers cost. They are friendly, the discount doesn’t matter if you can’t get the truck. I’m 6 months today, no VIN, they have 3 orders before mine, 4 allocations for this months and I’ll bet 🍺, ours won’t get picked up. I’ve just been told pretty much, tough, drop more options, maybe next month, 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼💩🤡 good luck 🍀 each month.

I have 4 other dealers hunting for a truck for me right now, Young Ford in UT, Ken Grody in CA, Maxwell in TX, and another in FL, and at this point, if any of them track down the truck I’m looking for, I’ll fly out and get it, and drop my Granger order. Most dealers will give you MSRP. If they don’t, move along.

Worst case, if it doesn’t get scheduled, I break down and buy a Dodge at the end of this month…

Last edited:
Back