opinions on mods

aryaagahi

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor Lariat Sport 7.3 Iconic Silver
Have a silver lariat sport/ black package

1) Should i put a black deflector on the front? worried about debris getting in between and scratching the paint.

2) black out the exhaust tip or keep chrome?

3) weathertech or husky floor mats

4) Drop hitch- Should i get the B&W 5" or 7" tri-ball?
ORRR get the Uriah 6" drop chrome triball- Uriah makes a solid aluminum one with same tow limit but its not black and only 2" shank, its also manufactured in the USA and 200$ cheaper than B&W.- ive seen the uriah in person and its solid and sells like hotcakes but i also like B&W as well.

1) Should i put a black deflector on the front? worried about debris getting in between and scratching the paint.

No, they are gay.

Black with high temp spray paint (idea stolen from another member)

Husky

ORRR get the Uriah 6" drop chrome triball- Uriah makes a solid aluminum one with same tow limit but its not black and only 2" shank, its also manufactured in the USA and 200$ cheaper than B&W.- ive seen the uriah in person and its solid and sells like hotcakes but i also like B&W as well.

B&W 7" covers you for any task.

Just my .2$

I have weathertechs and I'm curious if the husky is a better fit but I do have the two piece set as I have the 6 seater. Fit and finish imho leaves something to be desired. I got them free so I can't complain.

Don't buy Weather tech mats there fitment is horrible.

#1, no I wouldn’t. #2, blacking out the tip is the easiest and cheapest but I was wondering about durability. So I went with the 4” MRBP black exhaust. Looks awesome. Doesn’t do much for sound but I wanted more for cosmetic. #3, if i were able to do it again, Husky...... #4, get a Weight Safe WS6-3. I love this hitch! Plus it’s a 3” so you don’t have to use the 2.5” sleeve.

I actually like the rubber mats that ford puts in their trucks - I have them in my f150. I also have weather tech from a prior truck - people love them. I prefer rubber vs, hard plastic.

Get the 7" drop 5" is just a bit short for some trailers. I would go full aftermarket exhaust ( wait for Borla or Corsa )
If you are worried about scratches then get ceramic coated or PPF.
I have Weather Tech and they are just fine. Nice Fit good and tight just like a honeymoon.

Get the 7" drop 5" is just a bit short for some trailers. I would go full aftermarket exhaust ( wait for Borla or Corsa )
If you are worried about scratches then get ceramic coated or PPF.
I have Weather Tech and they are just fine. Nice Fit good and tight just like a honeymoon.

1) What are your thoughts on either the Borla or Corsa as far as sound. I dont want loud and obnoxious in the cabin and prefer a deep post puberty growl.
2) Also saw your truck has mud flaps front and back, what kind are those? and does it help much with rocks?-im keeping factory stock wheel/tire setup.

1) What are your thoughts on either the Borla or Corsa as far as sound. I dont want loud and obnoxious in the cabin and prefer a deep post puberty growl.

Neither have an exhaust for the 7.3L just yet. That's why he said wait :)

Ya i wasnt asking about the tremor, just the exhausts in general
Both Borla and Corsa are pricey but give a more exotic, somewhat raspy sound. IMHO, they're probably the best quality, or at least the closest to what I really like. No drone, just quality, but for a price. On my previous 5 cylinder turbo Volvos, Borla always sounded the best. For Dodge Vipers, Corsas were the way to go. Unsure, but you seem to want the best of both worlds, perhaps flowmaster is what you're after?

Both Borla and Corsa are pricey but give a more exotic, somewhat raspy sound. IMHO, they're probably the best quality, or at least the closest to what I really like. No drone, just quality, but for a price. On my previous 5 cylinder turbo Volvos, Borla always sounded the best. For Dodge Vipers, Corsas were the way to go. Unsure, but you seem to want the best of both worlds, perhaps flowmaster is what you're after?
I had flowmaster on a mustang and it was super loud as well as in the cab. I want more of a deep growl that wont annoy the wife when taking trips. Maybe ppl will post videos of both borla and corsa on the tremors when they come out and itll help me decide. need to hear it first

I thought about a louder exhaust but then got honest with myself. At 52 years old, I like quiet most of the time now. I will still hear the 7.3 rumble with the stock exhaust when I feel like getting on it. To each their own I suppose.

Husky FTW. I kept them from my trade in 150 and LOVE Them!

2) Also saw your truck has mud flaps front and back, what kind are those? and does it help much with rocks?-im keeping factory stock wheel/tire setup.
I like the quality of the Borla and Corsa products both 304 stainless steel heavy gauge high end fasteners. I have a Borla on my Rubicon the first high tuck was an AFE and that was a cheapo, junky hard ware and 409 stainless it got crusty in one winter. I have it in the garage rafters, Borla released a high tuck and I got it, was an easy install and sounds better because the steel is thicker and it is 304 not 409 stainless. Still looks like stainless should look after 1 winter.

I have a Borla on my 2012 Raptor with a Corsa res delete pipe. The truck is loader than stock but not a deal breaker with the wife. It sounds very tough, low rumble and barks pretty good under full pedal. Again the quality was top notch and great hardware for a leak free install on my garage floor.

As for my mud flaps they are Weather Tech "no drill". They installed all 4 in 20 minutes and I took my time.

IMG_3043.jpeg
IMG_3564.jpeg

I have the Borla S Type on my F150 5.0. Sounds great. No drone. Just right sound. My buddy has a Borla ATAK on his Mustang 5.0 and it's really loud.
Waiting for Borla S Type for the 7.3. Hopefully they come through with one, especially blacked out.

Back