Open tailgate alert

Donmon

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
I run tonneau covers on most of my pickups. I’m waiting for my new tremor. Can someone tell me if the 21 Tremor Lariat has a type of open tailgate warning or alert? I hate driving down the road with a open tailgate that I forgot to shut? Is this something that can be turned on via FORScan? Thanks

I did not see that as an option on Forscan but there may be a kit or option for it. They open by control so there is some electronics involved with it.

No the 2021 does not have this.

I run tonneau covers on most of my pickups. I’m waiting for my new tremor. Can someone tell me if the 21 Tremor Lariat has a type of open tailgate warning or alert? I hate driving down the road with a open tailgate that I forgot to shut? Is this something that can be turned on via FORScan? Thanks
This needs to be added. I have driven many miles on my F150 and not known the tailgate was down until I put it in reverse and was like, "what am I looking at?! oh, the pavement." Luckily, nothing has slid out.

You can always install a switch with a buzzer and/or light that goes off anytime the tailgate is open. I agree that with all the modern conveniences that they have added through the years, something like that could have been added.

FORScan your cameras to be able to turn them on at any speed, hit camera button to double check. :cool:
Please tell us where this option is. I think many were looking for this exact thing! Thanks.

When your Mother In Law yells, "SHUT THE DOOR!" you know you left it open.

You have to know your way around FORscan, I personally have not done this yet with my truck, many others have as well as my dad did it with his f250(non tremor). I will soon be tackling it along with a few other MOds. i will update when i do if no one else chimes in.

I lost a $300 hammer drill the other day in my Chevy HD with tonneau. I was hoping my new $75K truck would have that. I’ll wire one in. I do like the camera check at any speed. Beats looking for a shadow of the tailgate open when rolling down the highway.

I don’t know if it’s certain trim levels but I have a warning on my king ranch if the tail gates down also the back up sensors will go off if the tailgates down I would think if you got the lariat ultimate package with the electric tailgate it should come with it

Mine doesn't alert if it is down, however the other day it was closed by my son and it didn't latch and I got a warning when I put it in gear.

My KR ‘21 warned me a couple times when I first picked it up…. It’s never done it again since I’ve completed most of the FORScan mods…. I’m thinking one of the mods turns it off, otherwise Ford dealer turned it off??

my 22 has a tailgate open alert. Saved me some damage when the tailgate opened on me. I was able to drive off before my tailgate hit fortunately.

My 21 has it...but only if it's up and not latched. If the tailgate is all the way down no warning light. I just use the rear camera to check, if u see your license plate it's down..lol

my backup sensors see the tailgate so a quick reverse will beep. You can also see the tailgate in the rear rview if you have a low profile tonneau because its so wide and has a little flare to it.

Latest Discussions

Back