Open tailgate alert

Donmon

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
I run tonneau covers on most of my pickups. I’m waiting for my new tremor. Can someone tell me if the 21 Tremor Lariat has a type of open tailgate warning or alert? I hate driving down the road with a open tailgate that I forgot to shut? Is this something that can be turned on via FORScan? Thanks

lynxbat

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 f250 Tremor Lariat
Current Ride #2
2016 BMW M4 Vert, 2017 Jeep Rubicon, 2017 Triumph Scrambler
2020 definitely doesn't. My son left it open and we ejected a suitcase full of dirty underwear somewhere in Western NY.

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Blue Truck (6.7 350)
Current Ride #2
Bigger Blue Truck (V-8 Raptor)
I did not see that as an option on Forscan but there may be a kit or option for it. They open by control so there is some electronics involved with it.

texmudder

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor 6.7L
No the 2021 does not have this.

TexanTremor

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-350 Lariat Ultimate Tremor 7.3 - Rapid Red
I run tonneau covers on most of my pickups. I’m waiting for my new tremor. Can someone tell me if the 21 Tremor Lariat has a type of open tailgate warning or alert? I hate driving down the road with a open tailgate that I forgot to shut? Is this something that can be turned on via FORScan? Thanks
This needs to be added. I have driven many miles on my F150 and not known the tailgate was down until I put it in reverse and was like, "what am I looking at?! oh, the pavement." Luckily, nothing has slid out.

Cropgun

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
USMC
Current Ride
2020 Tremor Powerstroke
First Responder
Life Flight

BattleBornTremor

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 Tremor
You can always install a switch with a buzzer and/or light that goes off anytime the tailgate is open. I agree that with all the modern conveniences that they have added through the years, something like that could have been added.

Hmayasi

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 KR Tremor
FORScan your cameras to be able to turn them on at any speed, hit camera button to double check. :cool:
Please tell us where this option is. I think many were looking for this exact thing! Thanks.

Big John Son

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
1991 Prius
When your Mother In Law yells, "SHUT THE DOOR!" you know you left it open.

Trent-20Tremor7

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Platinum Tremor magnetic black
You have to know your way around FORscan, I personally have not done this yet with my truck, many others have as well as my dad did it with his f250(non tremor). I will soon be tackling it along with a few other MOds. i will update when i do if no one else chimes in.

OP
Donmon

Donmon

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
I lost a $300 hammer drill the other day in my Chevy HD with tonneau. I was hoping my new $75K truck would have that. I’ll wire one in. I do like the camera check at any speed. Beats looking for a shadow of the tailgate open when rolling down the highway.

Cococounty

King ranch 6.7
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 king ranch
I don’t know if it’s certain trim levels but I have a warning on my king ranch if the tail gates down also the back up sensors will go off if the tailgates down I would think if you got the lariat ultimate package with the electric tailgate it should come with it

Muddyz

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 SuperDuty Lariat Ultimate Sport Tremor Iconic Silver
Mine doesn't alert if it is down, however the other day it was closed by my son and it didn't latch and I got a warning when I put it in gear.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge