Onyx/Carmelo code for a 24 Platiumn on the Dora

hold24

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 f250 King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2022 Jeep Wrangler 392
I just received my Dora and just see Black Onyx for interior it has a 7 beside it. Did anybody order the Carmelo seats? If so do you know the order code ? This dealership is bound to mess up my order .

What is the Dora?

I just received my Dora and just see Black Onyx for interior it has a 7 beside it. Did anybody order the Carmelo seats? If so do you know the order code ? This dealership is bound to mess up my order .
I don't know the order code (I don't see one listed on my order sheet), but I know I was concerned too when I ordered Carmelo because right under Carmelo it also says Black Onyx. They assured me it was right. It did come in with Carmelo seats.

That is what our build sheet looks like. I’m assuming because at a point you could get a different color interior.

Still wondering what Dora stands for. 😂

That is what our build sheet looks like. I’m assuming because at a point you could get a different color interior.

Still wondering what Dora stands for. 😂
Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement.

Would that be this?
20240504_113711.jpeg

Assuming like this?
IMG_9552.png

Thanks for sharing.

Ah. So, that says Black Onyx OR Black Onyx/Carmelo. What the OP is seeing on the dora is probably just truncated for some formatting reason and not an error.

Side note: I thought we were talking about the Baja interior. Didn't realize "Carmelo" was a thing. Lol.

Update !
They did order it wrong ! They updated the order and I should be receiving a new Dora tomorrow... You have to watch these guys :mad:

At least it was caught now, instead of showing up to the dealership wrong.

Update !
They did order it wrong ! They updated the order and I should be receiving a new Dora tomorrow... You have to watch these guys :mad:
That is why the DORA is crucial to review. Ford is only going to build what the dealer orders. If that order is wrong you won't know until it's delivered. By reviewing the DORA you can see exactly what the dealer sent to Ford and correct any mistakes before it is scheduled.

That is why the DORA is crucial to review. Ford is only going to build what the dealer orders. If that order is wrong you won't know until it's delivered. By reviewing the DORA you can see exactly what the dealer sent to Ford and correct any mistakes before it is scheduled.
Do they not make the DORA off of the preview order?

Do they not make the DORA off of the preview order?
Two different systems. Plenty of opportunity for entry errors. The DORA is what Ford is going to build. Preview Order is what the salesperson entered to show the customer. That preview order then goes to the inventory manager at the dealership who enters it into the Ford order system. Very easy for mistakes to be made or keying errors. Most options are coded with an alpha-numeric code. Something like 18E for powered running boards. If the entry person accidently fat fingers a key and enters 18D you are no longer getting powered running boards.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you for the information. I’ll be asking for the DORA tomorrow. Going to spend that much money on a truck, we want it 💯 correct

Back