Only 3:55 E Locker?

PaidByFundings

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350 Platinum Tremor
Hello,

I just ordered my Tremor today. While ordering I noticed that you can only get a 3:55 gear ratio. Any idea on why you can not order with a 3:73?

I ordered a Platinum and could have had 3:73 on FX4, but not on the Tremor. I'm sure there is a good reason, however I am curious.

The 3.73 axle ratio is only available with the 6.2L (I think). If you are getting a diesel tremor, the only option is 3.55 and the 7.3L comes standard with 4.30s. According to the build and price tool, you can now get a 7.3L tremor with 3.55s. If true, that’s a new option for 2022. Other options are available with DRW trucks but they won’t have the tremor package.

Only the Tremor locks in the 3.55/4.30 gears. You can get the 6.7 and 3.73 with the non Tremor trucks. Pretty sure you cam get the 6.7 with 4.30 gears, but it might be DRW. I was able to build out a KR XF4 with 6.7 and 3.73. Only Ford knows why the Tremor is locked with those gear ratios

Only Ford knows why the Tremor is locked with those gear ratios
My guess/bet is that those are the only 2 ratios that Ford has procurred a supply of the front LSD's in. But yeah...only someone at Ford would know for sure, of course.

Back