One touch open on XLT?

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
Can one purchase a new XLT Tremor and get one touch door open on the handle?

I know it can be ordered with a key fob, I’m assuming it can be opened through the Ford app, however is there an option for this on the XLT like there is on the Lariat?

Its a little disappointing that a min $53k Tremor does not come with LED drl, push button start, nor one touch open without digging your keys out or opening an app. It’s more disappointing when xlt is optioned to $70k or when $20k vehicles have all these basic features now.

you need to get the data sheets, from your salesman and have them build several options. There is probably a thread here that shows some of the factory specs. I built 3 or 4 trucks and went over the features again and again. Spent lots of hours on it. The end result I am very happy with my order.

Does your truck have one touch on the door handle, is it a xlt? All I currently see is the code keypad that is included in the xlt value or xlt premium package.

Mine has the one touch but its a Lariat Sport

The touch access door handles are part of the "Intelligent Access with Push-button Start" option. That's optional on the Lariat and standard on all higher trims.

It's crazy that these types of features aren't standard on such an expensive truck.

Thank You panopticon, I had one touch open, nav, and push button start on my stick Fiesta ST with a $25k msrp. The Tacoma also offers stock LED day running lights at $45k. I have seen $65k xlt trucks with none of these basic features.

Im trying to decide on a $50/55k Tremor or a $40k Jeep rubicon with all these features. Pay more but get less of the items you will use everyday...

Thank You panopticon, I had one touch open, nav, and push button start on my stick Fiesta ST with a $25k msrp. The Tacoma also offers stock LED day running lights at $45k. I have seen $65k xlt trucks with none of these basic features.

Im trying to decide on a $50/55k Tremor or a $40k Jeep rubicon with all these features. Pay more but get less of the items you will use everyday...

It is a bit of a shame that Ford keeps certain options to certain trim levels, but most manufacturers do the same. I own a Tremor and also a Jeep Rubicon, I never considered buying one versus the other. For my uses they are completely different vehicles. The Jeep can't even pull its own weight, even running a better drive train and 538's., but is much better off roading (my experience off roading for 40+ years), and any 8,500 - 9,000 lb. truck isn't going to be great in most off roading situations. (Though there some places it excels). Now I have used my trucks to tow jeeps:
IMG_0360.jpeg

It would be my daily driver. Don’t tow much, a pick up bed is nice 3 to 4 times a year. Off road and mountains about 6 to 8 times a year.

150 is still near $50k which is what I’m looking to get a Tremor at. Also looking at the Charger scat Wide at $40k.

Jeep and Scat I get the nice conveniences I had in my Fiesta ST but lose the bed.
For $10k more I gain the bed and lose the conveniences. Which is not bad besides the $10k price increase. Haha.

If I didn't need the payload, the Tremor wouldn't even be on my radar. A nicely loaded mid or 1/2-ton truck might not be a lot cheaper than a Tremor, but it's going to be better at doing everything that isn't hauling. Better pavement manners, better fuel economy, better off roading.

I would definitely go that route (throw on some AT tires and maybe a lift) over a Tremor if you're not using the payload.

That being said... it's your money. Do what makes you happy!

If I didn't need the payload, the Tremor wouldn't even be on my radar. A nicely loaded mid or 1/2-ton truck might not be a lot cheaper than a Tremor, but it's going to be better at doing everything that isn't hauling. Better pavement manners, better fuel economy, better off roading.

I would definitely go that route (throw on some AT tires and maybe a lift) over a Tremor if you're not using the payload.

That being said... it's your money. Do what makes you happy!
F150 2019 xlt on sale for $45k. At 2 years old and right before a major redesign this year. The 2020 Tremor at $50k is a better option. But this is my opinion. Plus I think the tremor will hold its value over the 150. But I could be wrong. Haha

Latest Discussions

Back