Reaction Points
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 super duty TREMOR
Current Ride #2
2013 Corvette
loving this new motor so far. attention K&N

I am not sure what message you wish to convey here.

However, and I am most emphatic about this, if you love your engine, K&N is quite possibly the very worst filter you can use. It provides performance gains by basically giving you cheesecloth for a filter. I.E. very little filtration at all.
Just don't do it! There's enough other reputable filters out there to choose from.

thanks for the info

Welcome the 7.3L club :)

I switched away from K&N years ago to AEM dry filters (Airaid makes some also). I don't have to mess with the oil, and I can rinse and reuse over and over. Cleaning is also much easier.

Check AFE also.

My experience .. K&N filters arn't a Throttle Bodies best friend. The oil from the filter will coat the Throttle Body, causing any dirt that makes it threw to stick. Gumming up the throttle plate .. etc etc ..

I switched away from K&N years ago to AEM dry filters (Airaid makes some also). I don't have to mess with the oil, and I can rinse and reuse over and over. Cleaning is also much easier.

Check AFE also.
I put a AFE Pro Dry filter on my GT Mustang and legit gained a 0.4 mile per gallon average over a year of driving. I'm a believer.

Here's the filter for the 7.3 trucks:

I put a AFE Pro Dry filter on my GT Mustang and legit gained a 0.4 mile per gallon average over a year of driving. I'm a believer.

Here's the filter for the 7.3 trucks:
Thanks for that info and p/n!

I started using the AEM dry filters when I was in Afghanistan. Regular paper filters would clog up on us all the time and we never had enough of them on hand, and you can only bang them out so many times. So I found some dry washables for our trucks and bought 2 for each truck, that way we could wash one and have another to install right away. The good thing was that it didn't take too long for the wet one to dry over there :LOL:

another $100 spent .. damn boys, y'all are kill'n me
How do you think I feel.....I had that damn order guide all set to go....but all of these bad influences keep making me change it and spending more of my money. I call it the "might as wells".....well....if you're spending that much...might as well spend a little more and get what you really want. :ROFLMAO:

Are you kidding me? I don't have the truck for another 3 weeks and have already spent $4k in stuff. And that's before tires and wheels and Carli stuff.... Sheesh.

Are you kidding me? I don't have the truck for another 3 weeks and have already spent $4k in stuff. And that's before tires and wheels and Carli stuff.... Sheesh.
throwing money.gif

Back