2016 F 150
Current Ride #2
Magnetic f350 XLT 7.3 on order
Hey everyone

1st a few details,
Took ownership on 3/13
7.3 gaser F350
Current mileage 1850

Since it's basically my weekend ride I haven't been able to drive it much due to Covid and crazy California shutting down.

I checked my oil life percentage and it reads 70%

My question is, to satisfy the warranty so I change it every 6 months or when I'm closer to 15% or lower.

Any input is appropriated

Hey everyone

1st a few details,
Took ownership on 3/13
7.3 gaser F350
Current mileage 1850

Since it's basically my weekend ride I haven't been able to drive it much due to Covid and crazy California shutting down.

My question is, to satisfy the warranty so I change it every 6 months or when I'm closer to 15% or lower.

The oil monitor will let you know when to take it in. It is based on usage and not time. However tour Ford Pass points expire in one year or something of that nature. Go enjoy it!

Hey everyone

1st a few details,
Took ownership on 3/13
7.3 gaser F350
Current mileage 1850

Like Utah Powder said, make sure you do it before the Ford Pass points expire so at least you don't have to pay out of pocket for it. Most owners seem to want to change the oil at shorter intervals than what Ford has prescribed so as to keep their truck lasting longer; personal preferences there. If you want to change the oil as Ford has prescribed probably best and prudent to follow the Oil life indicator or at least every year if you're under that.

Back