Oh Shoot, I locked myself out...

F

FT_Guest3342

Well, that title isn't exactly what I said...

I picked up my new truck on Thursday, by Friday I had already started working on it to reprogram, and make it my own. I read a huge portion of these threads and was, now, armed with knowledge. Shorty antenna was first, I had ordered that weeks ago. Next came Forscan, loaded laptop - check, installed cable - check, made a bunch of changes - check. All is working and I am so happy. For some reason Bambi mode didn't take. Oh well, will check on that later. Mind you I have been in and out of the cab of the truck like 100 times now. All is good. Ok, it's getting to be dinner time. Out of the truck, wait one more thing. What? It's locked. How the heck is it locked. Shoot. Both keys are in the truck. Spare key is in the cubby in console so the secret code can be displayed on the screen. The documents and paperwork are all in their place in the glove box.

Huumm... Think. Think. Think.

There are 4 ways to get in. The remote, that's out, they are in there, in the truck. The physical key, that's on the remote, nobody ever separates those, so that's out. The keypad, yes the keypad, what's the master code, shoot that's in there also. FordPass, yes thank god the internet to the rescue. I think I loaded FordPass on my phone. Wait, where is the unlock button? Crap, it needs to be activated? Last thing call the dealership and have them send it the unlock code. Surely they can do that via the secret Ford web portal. NOOOOOOOOOOO

What now. Search the internet. "how to jimmy f250 door". Man, is there a lot of people talking about how EASY it is to break into this truck. Good thing I already read on the fordtremor.com forum about the Jimmy Jammer and already have them on order. So now all I have to do is break into my own truck without doing any permanent dammage. OK. Vice-grip, hold door handle out, rotate tumbler lock clockwise 1/4 turn. Door opens. Beep, beep, beep. press unlock on remote before horn honks. Wala.

The engineer who is responsible for this locking system should be seriously ashamed.

Follow up: The next day the Jimmy Jammers came in the mail and were promptly installed. Easy install, no more lock on the drivers door. Little warning stickers on the windows for the bad guys to read (yeah right). Also went to the dealer to drop off the second key for my trade-in truck. At the dealer EVERYONE had heard about the guy that locked himself out of his brand new truck.... We all had a good laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this possible on a lariat with ultimate package? Keyless and touch to get in. I don’t think so but maybe?

Great write up! I am glad you got in with minimal damage...
Me too. You can't imagine how difficult it was to put a 3/8" drill in the drill chuck and start drilling on a 2 day old vehicle. If I had not already ordered the JJ to replace the lock I couldn't have done it.

Geez. I better be more careful. Sorry that happened to you. Thanks for the information.

I wish the criminals who "modified" my truck took the same care to not damage the paint?
Yes, yours is a heart wrenching story and had I not read it I would not have been so eager to force entry back into my truck. As it is, your experience and write up caused me to get the Jimmy Jammers in the first place. Also I installed a Garmin dash cam that records even when the truck is off. If the camera sees someone in the front cutting horn wires, it will record the video, and alert me that something happened.

So all the Kudos go to you I hope you have gotten your truck all repaired and soon find a new place with a big garage.

Are these actual keys? I thought the truck couldn’t be locked with the key fob in it, let alone 2, unless you locked it on the keypad. Push to start truck?

Are these actual keys? I thought the truck couldn’t be locked with the key fob in it, let alone 2, unless you locked it on the keypad. Push to start truck?
Yes, the metal part of the fob is an actual key. Yeah, I don't know how it got locked either. At this point it is all a blur but locking it with the keypad would be a deliberate act since you have to hit 2 buttons simultaneously, which I don't remember doing.

I don't know what "push to start" means. But if it means it has a button to start/stop it, then yes.

Yes, yours is a heart wrenching story and had I not read it I would not have been so eager to force entry back into my truck. As it is, your experience and write up caused me to get the Jimmy Jammers in the first place. Also I installed a Garmin dash cam that records even when the truck is off. If the camera sees someone in the front cutting horn wires, it will record the video, and alert me that something happened.

So all the Kudos go to you I hope you have gotten your truck all repaired and soon find a new place with a big garage.
Thanks man

it happens... my gf locked her edge before we even bought it and then locked it the day after she bought it ..... i took the car apart to find the secret door code to program the key pad has never happened again... i will never buy a new car with out a ford keypad.... but your not the only one.

but i program the key pad on day one and set up ford pass before i left the dealership but it didn't work until i deleted the app and reinstall after a week not working

Jimmy Jammers .. add it to the list, AFE washable Air Filter, Recovery Shit, get Forscan Shit .. install the NavTv Module, install those frick'n Hammer Locks, Mud Flaps .. you guys suck .. in the most polite and politically correct way .. ? ? ..

Latest Discussions

Back