OFFICIAL SURVEY FROM TRANSFER FLOW for GAS replacement fuel tank!!!

OffRoadRN

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2L with 4.30's (on order)
Teri Barry, Sales Manager at Transfer Flow, has been in contact with me since I created a petition to create a gas replacement tank for the Super Duty platform. Because of the petition, transfer flow is seriously considering creating one.

They have created a survey to ask a few key questions about the tank for potential development. Mainly it seems like they are seeing if a 45 gallons would be enough, and gauging interest in a transfer tank, if a replacement tank doesn't become available. They are going to see if they can develop a tank that works for both short bed and long bed trucks, but if not they said long bed would be phase two.

Let's push for 60 gallons!!

Please respond to this survey and share it everywhere!!!

Thanks for posting this survey!. I completed it. I hope they make a replacement tank. I wonder if they asked if 45 gal was big enough because that’s as large as they think they can make for our 160” Tremors? If we all answer no to 45 gal and say we want bigger we might kill our chances of getting a bigger replacement tank.

45 gal is an extra 11 gal, 32% larger tank. I would be very happy with that. Also a 45 gal tank would be less likely to hang below the frame than say a 60 gal. I had a 46 gal transfer flow on my Toyota Tundra. It hung an inch or two below the frame which of course wasn’t ideal for off-roading.

That's a good thought, I didn't think of that. They are probably going to want $2,000 for the tank, which is what it cost for the F-150. 45 gallons is the size of tank that they have for the F-150 also. I'm not sure about clearance issues, but our trucks have a large space where the DEF tank is so hopefully that could be utilized. I think spending $2,000 for an extra 11 gallons is pretty expensive. I'd still do it though

Thanks for posting this survey!. I completed it. I hope they make a replacement tank. I wonder if they asked if 45 gal was big enough because that’s as large as they think they can make for our 160” Tremors? If we all answer no to 45 gal and say we want bigger we might kill our chances of getting a bigger replacement tank.

45 gal is an extra 11 gal, 32% larger tank. I would be very happy with that. Also a 45 gal tank would be less likely to hang below the frame than say a 60 gal. I had a 46 gal transfer flow on my Toyota Tundra. It hung an inch or two below the frame which of course wasn’t ideal for off-roading.
I would be happy in that 45-50 gallon area but then again it depends on how they can fit it in. I would rather give up a few gallons than have it hanging below the frame.

Personally, 11 gallons for $2000 is not a good value to me. I'd want more. However, I don't want it hanging exposed like mentioned previously. I would opt for the cheaper in bed auxiliary if necessary. Don't like giving up that space, but when towing the fiver, which is when it's really needed, it would not matter.

For $2k and 11 gallons, I would just as soon put two 5 gallon Jerry cans in the back.

Last edited:
They already have a 60 gal for the diesel, here is info on size for that one, should be the same space for gas if not more because no def tank:
  • Tank sits above the differential, no skid plate needed
  • Fits in the same space as stock fuel tank
  • Fuel tank mounts inside the frame rail and extends 4 1/2” below the frame rail
  • Built from 12-gauge ReliaSteel®, high-yield U.S. aluminized steel for superior durability and strength

Personally, 11 gallons for $2000 is not a good value to me. I'd want more. However, I don't want it hanging exposed like mentioned previously. I would opt for the cheaper in bed auxiliary if necessary. Don't like giving up that space, but when towing the fiver, which is when it's really needed, it would not matter.

For $2k and 11 gallons, I would just as soon put two 5 gallon Jerry cans in the back.
I agree. $2k for an extra 11 gallons is a little much. 60 gallons would be ideal for the price.

You should upgrade to propane for that generator. So nice not to have to lug around gas. I upgraded my propane tanks to 30 pounders and put a Y quick connect where my outdoor stove hooks up.

Completed.. would love to be close to a 60 gallon. Wish the 48 that from ford in the long beds would be sweet too in short bed.

60 gallon.. fast fill-up neck.. skid-plate.. at a good price. I'm not made of money haha. Hence why I want a 60.. less trips to gas station in turns to more time for me and money saved with less downtime. Then tow my trailer further.

Might want to purchase this tank over the Ford warn winch.. make it happen..

Thanks!

Thanks much for keeping this alive....so we can keep our 7.3 s alive longer on a tank of gas. Id like the bigger tank, but truthfully even 11 gallons I think would be a big improvement.

Only paid $200 for 14 more gallons of capacity. I'd say that rules.

Wait. So the 55 and 60 gallon tanks are only for diesel?

I'm legitimately pissed, I had planned this as a zero day upgrade for my factory ordered 7.3L.

Besides a California Inspector, which I don't care about, what - if any - is the issue with simply using a diesel fuel tank in a 7.3L application?

Last edited:
Wait. So the 55 and 60 gallon tanks are only for diesel?

I'm legitimately pissed, I had planned this as a zero day upgrade for my factory ordered 7.3L.

Besides a California Inspector, which I don't care about, what - if any - is the issue with simply using a diesel fuel tank in a 7.3L application?
This is what I was wondering as well. I would think the mounting location would the the same, unless the DEF tank on the diesel changes that.

This is what I was wondering as well. I would think the mounting location would the the same, unless the DEF tank on the diesel changes that.
Tell you what - one way or another I'll be looking for a custom solution here in Texas; if I find something, I'll let you know. If you happen to come across anything, shoot me a message. I'd appreciate it greatly.

Back