Of all the things to happen to the truck on a road trip...

Thats why I like this forum, not one single "OMG, that poor bird"
EFF that bird and any of its brethren whom are unable to fly properly and/or recognize the inherent danger of trying to maneuver through traffic! I only wish you would have been able to take its carcass home to do the proper thing...breast it out and throw it on the grill. Even if you fed it to the dogs, at least you would have gotten the last laugh. ???

Dang... I had a close call with a Vulture on the highway driving through Texas on a family road trip... He grazed the windshield with his wing in that exact spot as he dodged last second... luckily his body missed or i might have been in the similar outcome.

Screenshot_20210503-204608_Gallery.jpg

This bad boy kamikazied my car 9 yrs ago. Brought him home cuz I thought he was dead and wanted to show my dad. When I got home he/she was standing up in my back seat. Hung out with him for about 30minutes then he flew away. He hit windshield at about 60mph.......bout shat my pants.

Looks like you skipped the Roadrunner and went straight for the Coyote!

I hit a small bear a few years back. Other than a bent steering stabilizer and a whole bunch of blackberry seeds and bear stuff on the undercarriage, everything was OK. It was a baby bear. Glad I did not hit momma...

That was in my 2002 F250. Not sure how the newer truck with all the wiring and other things on the undercarriage would have faired...

I made my journey through some rough trails and places very near the Rio Grande. I could've gotten stuck, could've gotten carjacked, could've gotten at least broken into. No. Nothing of the sort happened. The truck was an absolute champ despite how much I thrashed it on the rough trails. But on my return journey this morning, I not only struck one bird, but TWO birds! The first bird was your garden variety small bird that bounced off the windshield. The second occurred a couple hours later. I think it was a vulture.

View attachment 23445

View attachment 23444
Holy Batshit Robin! You must've been goin like 240mph!!!

I made my journey through some rough trails and places very near the Rio Grande. I could've gotten stuck, could've gotten carjacked, could've gotten at least broken into. No. Nothing of the sort happened. The truck was an absolute champ despite how much I thrashed it on the rough trails. But on my return journey this morning, I not only struck one bird, but TWO birds! The first bird was your garden variety small bird that bounced off the windshield. The second occurred a couple hours later. I think it was a vulture.

View attachment 23445

View attachment 23444
Or an ostrich maybe. What bad luck

It took almost 2 weeks, but I finally got a new windshield installed. At least I think this is the final windshield. These things are surprisingly hard to come by. I also fixed up the ham radio antenna so my mobile rig is back up and functional again. So I guess the truck reigns victorious. I also have a new memento to remind me of the adventure.

20210511_202101.jpg

It took almost 2 weeks, but I finally got a new windshield installed. At least I think this is the final windshield. These things are surprisingly hard to come by. I also fixed up the ham radio antenna so my mobile rig is back up and functional again. So I guess the truck reigns victorious. I also have a new memento to remind me of the adventure.

View attachment 24188
Lets hope numbers stay at exactly 1 and 0 and never go up for either team!

Back