04sshd

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2023 F250 BAP Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
1972 GMC Jimmy
I just upgraded my non LED tail lights for the LED ones, here's a quick video on the process. I wish I was able to get more footage of the during swap, but I got a little distracted getting the old harness out.

I just upgraded my non LED tail lights for the LED ones, here's a quick video on the process. I wish I was able to get more footage of the during swap, but I got a little distracted getting the old harness out.

That is cool. Glad you made this post. Back in 2017, I guy on ford-trucks.com posted a thread with parts lists, photos, wiring diagram how he added the OEM Power Running Boards to his Lariat Super Duty. Another guy put a video on YouTube showing how he added the OEM Upfitter Switches to his Super Duty truck. I have the website links handy if anyone wants 'em. Be neat to see someone add OEM Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System to a truck. (without the Pro Trailer Backup Assist). Lots of people want UTTCS but don't want PTBA.

That is cool. Glad you made this post. Back in 2017, I guy on ford-trucks.com posted a thread with parts lists, photos, wiring diagram how he added the OEM Power Running Boards to his Lariat Super Duty. Another guy put a video on YouTube showing how he added the OEM Upfitter Switches to his Super Duty truck. I have the website links handy if anyone wants 'em. Be neat to see someone add OEM Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System to a truck. (without the Pro Trailer Backup Assist). Lots of people want UTTCS but don't want PTBA.

I have been considering adding the 3rd brake light cam as well as the UTTCS. When I ordered my truck I figured the Tremor package included it like it was on my loaded Raptor. Since I didn't get it, I've always wanted to add it. If I can figure it out I'll definitely document it.

Very nice upgrade! Very nice video showing how!👍

I have been considering adding the 3rd brake light cam as well as the UTTCS. When I ordered my truck I figured the Tremor package included it like it was on my loaded Raptor. Since I didn't get it, I've always wanted to add it. If I can figure it out I'll definitely document it.

The Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System (UTTCS) includes the Center High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL) Camera. An endeavor to add the UTTCS or the single CHMSL Camera should definitely be possible. But it will be very involved and require an attention to detail. It is more than just acquiring all the necessary parts and wiring diagrams. There are other aspects to consider and research.

Front Camera - located in the Ford Oval Emblem - See Attached Diagram / Schematic

1. Number 7 - Ford Oval Emblem

A. NAVY BLUE Oval Emblem - Part Number - LC3Z-8213-C

B. BLACK Oval Emblem - Part Number - LC3Z-8213-E - Lariat with Black Appearance Package (the Navy Blue Oval also shows up with this part number)

2. Number 9 - NAVY BLUE Oval Emblem

3. Number 8 - Front Oval Emblem Camera - Part Number - HC3Z-19G490-Y

4. Number 11 - Oval Emblem Spray Jet Cover / Cap

A. CHROME - Part Number - HC3Z-17C526-A

B. BLACK - Part Number - ????-??????-?

5. Number 10 - Spray Jet Nozzle - Part Number - HC3Z-17603-B

6. Number 12 - Washer Hose - Part Number - HC3Z-17A605-E

7. Number 13 - need short description and part number

RH and LH Side Cameras - located in the PowerScope Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors -See Attached Diagram / Schematic

1. Number 10 - Super Duty Side Tow Mirror Cameras - Part Number - HC3Z-19G490-U

2. Number 11

A. Bracket - [Right Upper (RH) side] - Part Number - HC3Z-19H421-A

B. Bracket - [Left Upper (LH) side] - Part Number - HC3Z-19H421-B

3. Number 8 - need short description and part number

4. Number 13 - need short description and part number

5. Number 2 - need short description and part number (not sure if this is a needed part)

6. Number 3 - need short description and part number (not sure if this is a needed part)

7. Number 4 - need short description and part number (not sure if this is a needed part)

8. *Need additional parts descriptions and numbers associated with the Super Duty Side Tow Mirror Cameras*

ADDITIONAL ASPECTS TO CONSIDER AND RESEARCH

*Need information regarding cables, wiring harnesses, etc. that connect the camera to any of the computers, modules or
the infotainment system*

*It would be very helpful, maybe necessary to have additional information in the form of instructions, diagrams, schematics, etc.
from the Ford Super Duty Truck Shop Service Repair Manual (on DVD).*

How does the UTTCS integrate with other systems.....specifically, Modules (BCM, APIM, IPMB, ACM, etc. - not sure if all are on Super Duty trucks); the infotainment unit and type of SYNC; ForScan????? Lots of questions to get answered. Some part numbers may be applicable for single or several model years... 2017-2019; 2020-2022; OR 2020-2021 (SYNC 3 / SYNC 3.4) and 2022 (SYNC 4). The UTTCS is available on most or all trim levels (XL?).

There are several different types of the exterior mirrors (Manual / Power).....PowerScope Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors - some have Heated Power Glass, LED Security Approach Lamps (aka, "puddle lamps"), BLIS, Memory I and some have Memory II. Are the PowerScope Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors the same on trim levels (Lariat with Ultimate Package, King Ranch, Platinum) with the same options? I realize there is a Limited trim, but chose not to include it here.

PowerScope Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors without UTTCS - Part Number - LC3Z-17682-MA (RH side) and LC3Z-17683-MA (LH side)

Is it possible to take a Dremel or RotoZip and cut the bottom of the above mirrors so the side mirror cameras (Part Number HC3Z-19G490-U) can be mounted or will these mirrors need to be removed, sold on eBay, and then purchase the mirrors listed below.

PowerScope Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors with UTTCS - Part Number - LC3Z-17682-TA (RH side) and LC3Z-17683-TA (LH side)

If the truck is equipped with the MA mirrors, and the TA mirrors are installed, will a different wiring harness be needed?

Attachments

• Ford Front Oval Grille Diagram - Schematic.PNG
    Ford Front Oval Grille Diagram - Schematic.PNG
    48 KB · Views: 21
  • Ford Side Mirror Camera (5) HC3Z-19G490-U.PNG
    Ford Side Mirror Camera (5) HC3Z-19G490-U.PNG
    75.7 KB · Views: 21

What LEDs did you use in the OEM tail lights before you swapped to full OEM LED tail lights????

I'd like to swap due to one of my halogens failing.

Will the Ford Performance kick plates for F150 crew fit a F250? I can't seem to find that plate specifically for a 250? Thank you.

Will the Ford Performance kick plates for F150 crew fit a F250? I can't seem to find that plate specifically for a 250? Thank you.
Yes the f150 Raptor kick plates are what I have in my truck. The cabs are same between the F150 through F450

Last edited:

Hi! What did you have to do to resolve the BLISS and cross traffic alert faults?

Hi! What did you have to do to resolve the BLISS and cross traffic alert faults?
Swap the BLIS module from my original tail lights and all the errors cleared.

Back