TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 F250 Super Duty Tremor Lariat Ultimate BAP
Current Ride #2
2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days
Hey all,

So some of you may or may not be aware of my order situation based off some other threads, but I’m going to lay it out here and see what you guys think. So I ordered my Tremor backon 6/6/20. (6.7 Lariat Ultimate in Silver Spruce-most everything optioned except moon roof, 5th wheel, and adaptive steering) My order was scheduled to week the following Thursday with a build week of August 10th. I got my window sticker about a week before the production week and my truck was produced on 8/16/20. It went to the body shop the next day and was sent “offsite” on 8/18. Here is where things get interesting. At that point the Ford tracking site had a countdown to delivery ending today, 9/8. Allumizilla however, showed (and continued showing) “in production-sent offsite” up until 9/5 when it finally said awaiting shipment. I have been in contact with the dealership during the time it sat idle offsite and they initially had it in their inventory system to be delivered, however at some point it disappeared from the system and they were unable to track it at all. I got an email from the sales manager yesterday and he basically told me what I had already discovered. My truck was finally released and awaiting shipment on the 5th of September. So my question to you guys (especially anyone with first hand knowledge of how Ford production and potential issues associated with them) is why would it take almost 3 weeks for a truck to get cleared for shipping after being sent offsite? Should I now be worrying that I’m about to get an $80k lemon delivered with my name on it? I have followed many of other guys’ builds on here and I’ve never encountered anything like this. Most I’ve seen take a day offsite and they are on a train or truck for delivery within hours to a few days. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Here’s looking at you @Fordseniormaster or someone else like you ? Thanks guys!

Should be just fine!!!!
They get held up for a long time in the "body shop"

There are lots of trucks there and it probably got out of order at some point. There are always delays on the shipping when they transfer them from rail to trucks too.

Hey all,

So some of you may or may not be aware of my order situation based off some other threads, but I’m going to lay it out here and see what you guys think. So I ordered my Tremor backon 6/6/20. (6.7 Lariat Ultimate in Silver Spruce-most everything optioned except moon roof, 5th wheel, and adaptive steering) My order was scheduled to week the following Thursday with a build week of August 10th. I got my window sticker about a week before the production week and my truck was produced on 8/16/20. It went to the body shop the next day and was sent “offsite” on 8/18. Here is where things get interesting. At that point the Ford tracking site had a countdown to delivery ending today, 9/8. Allumizilla however, showed (and continued showing) “in production-sent offsite” up until 9/5 when it finally said awaiting shipment. I have been in contact with the dealership during the time it sat idle offsite and they initially had it in their inventory system to be delivered, however at some point it disappeared from the system and they were unable to track it at all. I got an email from the sales manager yesterday and he basically told me what I had already discovered. My truck was finally released and awaiting shipment on the 5th of September. So my question to you guys (especially anyone with first hand knowledge of how Ford production and potential issues associated with them) is why would it take almost 3 weeks for a truck to get cleared for shipping after being sent offsite? Should I now be worrying that I’m about to get an $80k lemon delivered with my name on it? I have followed many of other guys’ builds on here and I’ve never encountered anything like this. Most I’ve seen take a day offsite and they are on a train or truck for delivery within hours to a few days. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Here’s looking at you @Fordseniormaster or someone else like you ? Thanks guys!
My truck sat at body shop for 10 days after leaving factory.

This was back in March but everyone else who ordered trucks same week as mine or week after got their trucks way before me.

probably a supply issue back then, I’m guessing it was the tonneau cover or maybe some other part they were waiting on as everything is manufactured in China

coming up on 6 months ownership tomorrow, mechanically fine so far *knock on wood*

This is a possibility but maybe the body shop fucked up on the bed liner or found a issue and had to wait for parts to fix it and then install the part .... You may never know but hey your truck is coming

I placed my order on 6/26 and I have seen several others get there rigs before me, mine says it still in production. Who knows what holds them up. Me working for a dealer and we don’t get any secret info at all! I think it mainly depends on the options you choose. But that’s me thinking!

can look at it as a negative or positive thing. the flip side is that whatever the reason your truck may have had more attention than others, so the odds of you not having issues may be better or it just had to sit for a reason that had nothing to do with your truck. you'll never know for sure, so don't worry about it.

while the the two web sites can be useful to get a rough idea, i think people are putting too much stock into what they say and driving themselves crazy. seems like there are too many variables that can affect production and delivery given the differences in times of people receiving their vehicles. the only date i'm concerned with is the delivery date on my bill of sale from the dealership and if they don't meet that date or can't give me a date when i will receive it then i'll cancel the order.

edit..weird, i just received call from sales person saying that ford dropped my order. supposedly dealership is upset because they has allocation. who knows, but they will give me a 2021 for same price and financing rates.

Last edited:
So an update to my situation for anyone who cares. My truck is still “awaiting shipment” and hasn’t moved in 9 days since it was updated on 9/5. My second “delivery date” (the first was supposed to be 9/8) is in 10 days on September 24th. Being as the estimated ship time is 16 days, and the fact that it hasn’t moved from the factory since being built on 8/16, I’m seriously doubting it will show up by then. I looked at the calendar and Friday the 25th will have been exactly 16 weeks since I ordered on 6/6/20. I was originally quoted 12 to 16 weeks for a custom order. I’m extremely frustrated at this point and I’m tired of being dragged along and the finish line continually moving. This truck has been a “want” from the start and honestly my want is fading by the day. I have a paid off perfectly functioning truck that suits my needs for the most part. I hate to admit it, but the past few days I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night thinking about it. This situation is unfortunately causing me unneeded stress.
With that all being said, I have a call into the sales manager and I’m planning on telling him that I’m done contacting him, and if I don’t hear from him by the 24th that my truck is ready to get picked up, I’m planning on coming in, grabbing my deposit check, and leaving the place for the last time. My question to you all is put yourself in my shoes.Am I over reacting at this point? Are there any other ideas out there besides do what I’m planning or suck it up and wait indefinitely for Ford to get thief shit together and figure out how to deliver a vehicle 6 hours away? I’m frustrated and you guysare a great bunch so I figured I’d get a few opinions before I draw the line in the sand. Thank you in advance.

I get the frustration and the anticipation!!!! But I say you wait it out.... a lot of unanswered questions at this point, things are nothing short of crazy in every facet these days.” Patience is a virtue“ it pains me to say it but it’s true. In the end if it’s a little while longer it’s no biggie, you got a great truck coming and you will be happier than a pig in shit when your driving it. It’s worth the wait and anything good usually is. Hang in there!!
So an update to my situation for anyone who cares. My truck is still “awaiting shipment” and hasn’t moved in 9 days since it was updated on 9/5. My second “delivery date” (the first was supposed to be 9/8) is in 10 days on September 24th. Being as the estimated ship time is 16 days, and the fact that it hasn’t moved from the factory since being built on 8/16, I’m seriously doubting it will show up by then. I looked at the calendar and Friday the 25th will have been exactly 16 weeks since I ordered on 6/6/20. I was originally quoted 12 to 16 weeks for a custom order. I’m extremely frustrated at this point and I’m tired of being dragged along and the finish line continually moving. This truck has been a “want” from the start and honestly my want is fading by the day. I have a paid off perfectly functioning truck that suits my needs for the most part. I hate to admit it, but the past few days I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night thinking about it. This situation is unfortunately causing me unneeded stress.
With that all being said, I have a call into the sales manager and I’m planning on telling him that I’m done contacting him, and if I don’t hear from him by the 24th that my truck is ready to get picked up, I’m planning on coming in, grabbing my deposit check, and leaving the place for the last time. My question to you all is put yourself in my shoes.Am I over reacting at this point? Are there any other ideas out there besides do what I’m planning or suck it up and wait indefinitely for Ford to get thief shit together and figure out how to deliver a vehicle 6 hours away? I’m frustrated and you guysare a great bunch so I figured I’d get a few opinions before I draw the line in the sand. Thank you in advance.

Hey all,

I ordered mine hot a build dat of 2/14 with everything on it arrived in Northern California March 20th. No issues. I am sorry you are having so much trouble. Stick with it sir. If not cancel your purchase and call Haidlen Ford to and get great service.

Honestly seems reasonable especially if you don't really NEED the truck

2 points:

1- Shipping times; your second revised time is easily achievable if it does infact move soon. Mine made it to Canada and was on the dealers lot in ~13 day’s.

2- If you don’t need the truck and it’s causing you that much stress you could walk away. However, if you don’t need the truck then the wait should be a bit easier to get through.

My $0.02- I’d wait. I love mine. It was 100% worth the time it took to receive.

Ok another update. The second of my “estimated delivery date” was the 24th of September(the first was supposed to be 9/2. The Ford site has been counting down daily since the 5th yet my truck didn’t move from “awaiting shipment.” Cliff notes version, on the night of the 18th, I managed to ask the right questions to Ford customer service and I got a “case number” and an explanation that it would trigger someone to look into it and I would get a call back within a day or two. After no call I managed to find my way into a legitimate Ford corporate phone number (Dearborn, Michigan) not the 800 and left a message with the “case escalation department” on the 22nd. They were supposed to call within a day and they didn’t, so I called and left a message again on the 23rd.
That brings us to yesterday, the 24th and the second estimated delivery date. I checked Allumizilla in the morning and presto...it’s showing “in-transit.” The Ford site updated last night that my truck was built and has shipped. That’s great news as long as it’s actually getting shipped to me instead of to New Mexico or somewhere. Lol.
So in comparing the two tracking sites, Allumizilla has my production date as 8/16 (which is exactly as told by my dealership and up until that point followed their timeline exactly), but the Ford site says that it was “scheduled for production” on 8/16 and was “built” on September 22nd. To me, that means that they found something wrong with it on the 16th and either pulled it to wait for a part (I’m getting silver spruce-not common color and if body was damaged/defective, possibly had to wait for another run of them), or it was completely FUBAR for some reason and they basically rescheduled my truck and placed my vin back in line. Complete speculation on my part and I’d love to hear what others think.
Also, is it me, or does it seem like quite the coincidence that the day I finally reach the “case escalation department” is the exact day that it happened to be “built” and shipped according to Ford. ? Very strange...
No matter what, I believe my wait may finally be winding down. Thank you to everyone for their support through this whole mess!

Ok another update. The second of my “estimated delivery date” was the 24th of September(the first was supposed to be 9/2. The Ford site has been counting down daily since the 5th yet my truck didn’t move from “awaiting shipment.” Cliff notes version, on the night of the 18th, I managed to ask the right questions to Ford customer service and I got a “case number” and an explanation that it would trigger someone to look into it and I would get a call back within a day or two. After no call I managed to find my way into a legitimate Ford corporate phone number (Dearborn, Michigan) not the 800 and left a message with the “case escalation department” on the 22nd. They were supposed to call within a day and they didn’t, so I called and left a message again on the 23rd.
That brings us to yesterday, the 24th and the second estimated delivery date. I checked Allumizilla in the morning and presto...it’s showing “in-transit.” The Ford site updated last night that my truck was built and has shipped. That’s great news as long as it’s actually getting shipped to me instead of to New Mexico or somewhere. Lol.
So in comparing the two tracking sites, Allumizilla has my production date as 8/16 (which is exactly as told by my dealership and up until that point followed their timeline exactly), but the Ford site says that it was “scheduled for production” on 8/16 and was “built” on September 22nd. To me, that means that they found something wrong with it on the 16th and either pulled it to wait for a part (I’m getting silver spruce-not common color and if body was damaged/defective, possibly had to wait for another run of them), or it was completely FUBAR for some reason and they basically rescheduled my truck and placed my vin back in line. Complete speculation on my part and I’d love to hear what others think.
Also, is it me, or does it seem like quite the coincidence that the day I finally reach the “case escalation department” is the exact day that it happened to be “built” and shipped according to Ford. ? Very strange...
No matter what, I believe my wait may finally be winding down. Thank you to everyone for their support through this whole mess!
Although you have certinly been waiting longer, based on your description, I may be seeing the same thing. Ford site counting down but no shipment date, still showing In Production. I guess I'll find out in 8 days if it really shipped. Dealer is showing In Production with a 5 October delivery but has no shipping information and no rail car number. It may be a ghost truck!
Alumizilla.png
Ford Tracking.png

Although you have certinly been waiting longer, based on your description, I may be seeing the same thing. Ford site counting down but no shipment date, still showing In Production. I guess I'll find out in 8 days if it really shipped. Dealer is showing In Production with a 5 October delivery but has no shipping information and no rail car number. It may be a ghost truck!
View attachment 5840View attachment 5841
That looks very similar to how mine looked in the beginning. Good luck and I hope you have better luck than me! Dm me if it gets bad and you need to attempt the corporate route.

That looks very similar to how mine looked in the beginning. Good luck and I hope you have better luck than me! Dm me if it gets bad and you need to attempt the corporate route.
Will do, thanks. It is interesting that the Winch Kit for my truck showed up at the dealer on 21 September.

I waited from Sept 2019 Ordered until June 2020 delivery for mine. Trust me, it’s worth the wait.

View attachment 5840View attachment 5841
I have same truck and order date and in production date, Magnetic
But no final delivery date ?

Never Discount the power of prayer my man. This is awesome news. As my wife likes to say AWESOME SAUCE. I'd not put much thought into something that you will not figure out. Look at it as it was meant to be. Count your blessings. Just think your truck needed to be done right.
That frustration sucked. I felt frustrated hearing what you were going through.
I was in a crappy mood today. So i'm going to ride on this great news. My salesman texted me last night that my truck will be pulled when it is pulled. And theres nothing that they can do. This a day after he said they were going to call the Ford rep and try to have it pulled. It was the way is said it.
All these 2021 orders that i read on a different thread were placed after after me. they got vin#s and build dates. So knowing you got delayed shows me to suck it up, and wait patiently, and it will all work out.
Im blessed that im getting one that is built the way i wanted it. So who am I to think i should get special treatment. There are some terrible things going on in our country. Bigger things to PRAY FOR.
I like the Silver Spruce a lot. I said when starting to look at colors, who would ever pick Silver Spruce. Now after seeing it on pics on this site, I think its a great choice.
May GOD bring you your SILVER SPRUCE BEAST to you safely and built tuff and right.
May HE also bless and protect you and your Beauty.
Thanks for cheering me up. I can't wait to see pics.

Never Discount the power of prayer my man. This is awesome news. As my wife likes to say AWESOME SAUCE. I'd not put much thought into something that you will not figure out. Look at it as it was meant to be. Count your blessings. Just think your truck needed to be done right.
That frustration sucked. I felt frustrated hearing what you were going through.
I was in a crappy mood today. So i'm going to ride on this great news. My salesman texted me last night that my truck will be pulled when it is pulled. And theres nothing that they can do. This a day after he said they were going to call the Ford rep and try to have it pulled. It was the way is said it.
All these 2021 orders that i read on a different thread were placed after after me. they got vin#s and build dates. So knowing you got delayed shows me to suck it up, and wait patiently, and it will all work out.
Im blessed that im getting one that is built the way i wanted it. So who am I to think i should get special treatment. There are some terrible things going on in our country. Bigger things to PRAY FOR.
I like the Silver Spruce a lot. I said when starting to look at colors, who would ever pick Silver Spruce. Now after seeing it on pics on this site, I think its a great choice.
May GOD bring you your SILVER SPRUCE BEAST to you safely and built tuff and right.
May HE also bless and protect you and your Beauty.
Thanks for cheering me up. I can't wait to see pics.
Brother, you manage to cheer me up and make me smile damn near every day. I’m just glad I could return the favor for once! ?? Keep being you and have confidence that you’re one hell of a good dude. Oh and trust me, pictures will come as soon as my ride does!

Finally. You’re going to love your new truck. Did they say what the holdup was?

Back