Odd noises on shut off

Mine makes some clanking sounds after shutdown, but no bird calls for me 🤣

I think I heard someone say that DEF is pumped out of the line back to the reservoir at shut off to prevent freezing. Could that be a small pump dedicated to that action making the noise?
Good call !
Yesterday I brought my 6.7 to the dealer for service and they duplicated the crow sounds... they stated it was the DEF pump returning the fluid to prevent freezing, and is normal. 🤷‍♂️

Good call !
Yesterday I brought my 6.7 to the dealer for service and they duplicated the crow sounds... they stated it was the DEF pump returning the fluid to prevent freezing, and is normal. 🤷‍♂️
It’s normal
My Tremor and 450 make same noise

Mine makes the same sound

Mine does it too, just not as loud.

In on the Sound, mine makes this after the 1 mile drive for coffee and back

Mine makes the noise as well consistently. Is repair needed ? Is this signs of impending failure? My truck only has 20k on the clock

Mine makes the noise as well consistently. Is repair needed ? Is this signs of impending failure? My truck only has 20k on the clock
Based on all the posts above - it's a DEF pump retuning fluid to prevent freeze-up. Sounds like many have it. I do not - but perhaps it's because I do not do too many short drives.

I don't believe that the noise is caused by DEF returning to tank (My '15 6.7l made no such noise). Pretty sure it's coming from the EGR control valve on the top of the motor. Mine does it occasionally in the winter months only after a short drive. I don't know why, but it cycles for a period of time after you shut off your engine. If you have ever been near your truck after shut off you will hear it or better yet if your hood is open you can watch it. It scared the shit out me when I was filling my truck with washer fluid one day, thought the truck was starting.

Based on all the posts above - it's a DEF pump retuning fluid to prevent freeze-up. Sounds like many have it. I do not - but perhaps it's because I do not do too many short drives.
Mine does it even after long drives

It must not do it on all diesel trucks. I have had mine for almost 2 years and never heard the crow sounds from under my hood... ;)

Mine does it as well, crows screaming after I shut it down!

Should make hunting a little easier
LOL, I went pheasant hunting on Christmas Eve and parked at the top of an corn field eyebrow, shut truck off, then the infamous 3 crow squawks, which then sent every pheasant fleeing....sigh. My buddy just laughed. Pretty embarrassing on many fronts. :mad:

Mine does it warm or cold, and don't even need to start the truck, key on then off, and it squawks away. I was also told by the local Ford dealer service advisor this is normal operation and its a pump pushing DEF back into the DEF tank. WTH, couldn't Ford source a more quite pump! Good grief.

LOL, I went pheasant hunting on Christmas Eve and parked at the top of an corn field eyebrow, shut truck off, then the infamous 3 crow squawks, which then sent every pheasant fleeing....sigh. My buddy just laughed. Pretty embarrassing on many fronts. :mad:

Mine does it warm or cold, and don't even need to start the truck, key on then off, and it squawks away. I was also told by the local Ford dealer service advisor this is normal operation and its a pump pushing DEF back into the DEF tank. WTH, couldn't Ford source a more quite pump! Good grief.
"Don't take our trucks hunting"

Back