NW GA Tremor Order

NWGATremor

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22 F250 King Ranch Tremor 7.3L
Hi guys - first off thanks for all the help and info provided here. It’s been super helpful. I placed my order in late September and after perusing the forum I realized that carpet delete is something I’ll want for sure (I’ve got 3 young boys, a dog, hunting, etc.) I have not received an email about being scheduled or a vin or anything other than the “original” email when my order was confirmed from Ford. I reached out to my sales guy to let him know I wanted to do the vinyl flooring and he said when he went in to change it that I was showing as “Status 2 and I will be scheduled next so no changes were allowed.” I’ve read up on the thread and my understanding was until I got a VIN I could make changes etc. Another contact at the dealer might be able to help but I need to be able to show him that others have made changes. Can a few of you pipe in and either correct me if I’m wrong or share your experience? Thanks in advance!

I’ll also be updating as I make modifications but for the record I am a 2 tone star white f250 tremor. Ultimate package. Planning on carli level and most likely magnaflow cat back bolt on exhaust since we don’t have a good muffler shop around. Eventually new tires etc but honestly I like the tremor wheels so not necessarily chomping at the bit to change those.

I actually had my dealer add rapid heater And carpet delete after I had the Vin . They had to call the regional rep and they changed it . They couldn't do it online .

Welcome to the forum! Sorry I cannot answer your questions directly, but I can confirm others HAVE made changes prior to having a VIN...AND as stated above by @Bram some post VIN. It may be dealership knowledge in the process. Not all sales staff understand the ins and outs of the ordering process.

I actually had my dealer add rapid heater And carpet delete after I had the Vin . They had to call the regional rep and they changed it . They couldn't do it online .
Same for me, vin issued and had to contact the regional guy to add cab lights and rapid heat.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry I cannot answer your questions directly, but I can confirm others HAVE made changes prior to having a VIN...AND as stated above by @Bram some post VIN. It may be dealership knowledge in the process. Not all sales staff understand the ins and outs of the ordering process.
When you are scheduled and get a build date is that when you are assigned a VIN? Or is the VIN assigned at some point later on?

I’m asking because currently i’m still unscheduled and need to add a rapid heater BUT i just asked the dealer to add a few items last week and feel bad reaching out to them with yet another change request the following week.

When you are scheduled and get a build date is that when you are assigned a VIN? Or is the VIN assigned at some point later on?

I’m asking because currently i’m still unscheduled and need to add a rapid heater BUT i just asked the dealer to add a few items last week and feel bad reaching out to them with yet another change request the following week.
From my research - if you have a vin you also have a schedule date. Same is true the other way around. You and I may not know that, but internally, that's the case.

From my research - if you have a vin you also have a schedule date. Same is true the other way around. You and I may not know that, but internally, that's the case.
Thanks. It’s in my best interest not to wait until VIN is assigned and changes can be more complicated.

Back