Not thrilled with first long tow.

What's the word on alumiduty vs steel body? I'm unsure if the body is also aluminum or just the panels
Whole body is aluminum, including the structure. Though naturally the structure is quite reinforced and designed to do the job.

Frame is still entirely steel, and in particular varying grades of high strength steel depending on the specific location.

Whole body is aluminum, including the structure. Though naturally the structure is quite reinforced and designed to do the job.

Frame is still entirely steel, and in particular varying grades of high strength steel depending on the specific location.
Thanks, is there a consensus on how that affects the drive quality? I've seen some indication that maybe it is a shakier or looser feel as a result?

Just got back from a 1,200 mile camping trip. Tennessee to Florida and back.

I have a 21 250 7.3. It replaced my 17 150 3.5 ecoboost. I’ve been towing the same 20’ camper for 6 years and this is my third row vehicle.

Camper is 20’ single axle right around 5,500 lbs. Probably overloaded a bit with 40lbs of propane, 45 gallons of water, dual 6 volt batteries, and residential mattress in the front bed. Regular chain style WDH hitch but no sway bar added.

I assumed that the F250 would be rock steady compared to the F150. But it didn’t really feel any better. Lots of truck suck from semis, and just didn’t feel very planted overall. I have about 14k miles towing this camper, so I’m not new to it. Just disappointed in the tow. Didn’t feel like an upgrade.

We are getting ready to sell our camper and want to get a 30’ 5th wheel. But if it tows like my 20’ bumper pull, I won’t be happy.

Could it just be the camper? Single axle, no shocks, short length compared to truck?? I know the tongue weight is way over stock with the mods I’ve done.
It's the camper...no brainer

Thanks, is there a consensus on how that affects the drive quality? I've seen some indication that maybe it is a shakier or looser feel as a result?
I haven't seen much talk in the way of that. If it is, it would be because of the reduced weight and Ford couldn't have massively changed the suspension to account for it since they still want to support the same fully loaded weight - netting increased capacity.

Back