Not sure if problem but 2300 miles and noticing engine knock, burn rubber smell, and bit of water drainage

ZPrime9

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Lariat, Black out, 6.7L Tremor
So, I have a brand new 2021 diesel and it functions just fine. My driveway is at an incline and notice quite a bit of water drainage instantly when starting it remotely. I assume its just AC drip-age but it happens almost immediately and seems like more than normal. Also, hearing a bit of engine knock which may be normal but seems a bit much plus a small burned rubber smell coming from hood. Probably just paranoid all normal but just asking any of those who might know more. I love this beast and Ford so not expecting anything just double checking as I will swing it into the dealer this week just to be safe. Anyone with any thoughts or comforting words?

Thanks.

Last edited:
My first few regens got pretty hot and smelly. First one I ever noticed was when I pulled up to a Sonic. Thought the truck had caught fire under the drive up awning. Actually got out and opened the hood. I wouldn't be too worried unless it kept happening.

What area is the water coming from? Is there after start up or you just notice it after a remote start?

Can't help with the knocking noise but diesels do have a bit of an odd sound to them.

Don't assume its the AC. Typically, that is a function of shutting it off, and the frost melting. Are you sure it's not coolant?

Don't assume its the AC. Typically, that is a function of shutting it off, and the frost melting. Are you sure it's not coolant?
It’s def not coolant. Just water. Happens with Reg or remote start.

There was a big rubber band under my hood stretched across some stuff that gets hot. Pop your hood and look for rubber band remnants. Kind of odd but never know, I have no idea what its function was, it was maybe 1/4" wide and 6" diameter. ?‍♂️

Back