Not loving the Duratracs

It’s weird only super duty people seem to hate these tires. My neighbor has them on his jeep and another buddy has them on his Ram Rebel and with 37,000 miles they only look about half worn.

They probably didn’t attempt to tow with those vehicles with less than a couple thousand miles on the tires.

They probably also didn’t run them over 65 psi.

They probably didn’t attempt to tow with those vehicles with less than a couple thousand miles on the tires.

They probably also didn’t run them over 65 psi.
I’d say 99% of people here are complaining about them when not towing also… You’re probably right about tire pressure.

I've had a set on my F-150 and they've been fantastic. A touch noisy, but great in the snow and ice, track and wear fantastic. Have around 55,000 miles on them and they still have good tread left (something like 8/32"). Rotate them with every oil change.

So really curious how they will be on the Super Duty. A big part of the value of the Tremor package to me was the Duratracs as that's exactly what I wanted on the truck anyways.
I completely agree. The Goodyear DuraTrac tires add value to the Super Duty Tremor trucks. I really like the 285/75R-18 size for snow (11.2 inch width). and decent lugs (block spacing) for clean out. Oddly enough, I purchased a set of Goodyear DuraTracs 285/75R-18 for an older F350 in June 2019...one month before Ford announced the Tremor. I did not even know about the Tremor Package until late 2019...too busy at work to investigate new vehicles.

Anyway, the DuraTracs tracked as good or better on paved roads as any OEM tire on standard Super Duty trucks. Moreover, I had the DuraTracs in the mud 3 times and in the snow several times.....and the performance far exceeded any BF Goodrich T/A KO2, Michelin LTX (AT2) and Nitto Ridge Grappler. I will say I did like the on road handling of the Nitto RG's.

Edited Notes:

1. It is worth mentioning I have BF Goodrich Mud T/A tires on my 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock - Tank color and those tires have good clean out and are excellent in the mud off-road, gravel roads with and without mud...OK on paved roads (drive 75 mph - 80 mph)......but absolutely terrible, even dangerous on snow packed paved roads.....because no siping on the lugs. That is why I like the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs tires.....good siping on the lugs...very versatile in all paved road and off-road conditions.

2. Interco makes a Trxus tire I like a lot, but not in the sizes I need and want for my Jeep Wrangler or the 2022 Ford F350 Lariat Tremor truck on order (being built today). BF Goodrich has the Mud T/A KM3...which has 'some' siping. I have not owned a set of those, so cannot comment on the performance of those tires on snow packed paved roads.

Last edited:
In your opinion, why is the Fox Steering Stabilizer "a must have mod"?

It dramatically improves the steering feel and bump compliance for very little money. A much more confident ride in all conditions.

It highlights that the stock stabilizer is under-built for the size of the truck/tires.

I have a little less than 5,000 miles on mine and I am very happy with handling by itself and towing ~5000 lb trailer.

In your opinion, why is the Fox Steering Stabilizer "a must have mod"?

Soop is correct. I have narrowed my choice down to two brands. Carli (King) or Fox ATS. I am leaning towards the Carli (King). Both are top notch stabilizers (dampers) and unlike many aftermarket steering stabilizers, these two perform as intended / needed. Following is some good information regarding both units.

Fox ATS - https://www.stage3motorsports.com/983-02-143-17-19-f250-f350-4wd-fox-ats-steering-stabilizer.html

Carli (King) - https://carlisuspension.com/what-is-a-steering-stabilizer/

Back