Not loving the Duratracs

I don't love em or hate em. just don't run them 3/4 of the year. Only for winter. I love my Nitto RG and I like my Nitto Mud Grapplers even more but they are hard core off road and like riding on gears on the road.

If my truck ever shows up, I will have a valid opinion. I can say that in the early 90's when GM was putting Goodyear tires on all new trucks, that if they lasted a year it was a "good year".

Personally, I have never been a fan of GY tires overall and when the OEM installed tires are due to be replaced I will install BF Goodrich K02's. I have had several sets of K01 and K02 over the years and have always really liked them for my usage. It appears that the 305/70/R18 are the exact same height and have about 3/4" wider face

If my truck ever shows up, I will have a valid opinion. I can say that in the early 90's when GM was putting Goodyear tires on all new trucks, that if they lasted a year it was a "good year".

Personally, I have never been a fan of GY tires overall and when the OEM installed tires are due to be replaced I will install BF Goodrich K02's. I have had several sets of K01 and K02 over the years and have always really liked them for my usage. It appears that the 305/70/R18 are the exact same height and have about 3/4" wider face
Keep in mind you will lose 1328 pounds of load capacity if you switch to that BFG tire.

@RedZilla , yes sir, I anticipate a lower load capacity but as per the chart I looked at the rating of the GY is 129 which translates to 4079 per tire and the K02 is 126 which translates to 3748. This makes a loss of load limit per tire 331 Lbs. or a total of 662 Lbs.

Edit **per axle**, so yes 1324 less OA.

This will not affect me or how I plan to use this truck, my camper is a single axle that weighs 3500 LBs. GTW

Last edited:
@RedZilla , yes sir, I anticipate a lower load capacity but as per the chart I looked at the rating of the GY is 129 which translates to 4079 per tire and the K02 is 126 which translates to 3748. This makes a loss of load limit per tire 331 Lbs. or a total of 662 Lbs.

Edit **per axle**, so yes 1324 less OA.

This will not affect me or how I plan to use this truck, my camper is a single axle that weighs 3500 LBs. GTW
Ya I'm just thinking about the many conversations on the forum where folks are pushing their weight limits. As far as weight limits go the weak link on the Tremor is tire capacity, so when the topic of switching tires comes up I like to keep that in folks' mind so they don't reduce the capacity even further. Most that are getting a Tremor for towing do so because they are planning to pull more than an F150 can safely tow and tire capacity is critical in those situations. ?

My opinion is that they are a good choice. I’m glad Ford did not put just another radial on an off road truck like they do the fx4. Even the AT tires look like awful basic radials.

Would an BFG mud terrain be better, hell yes. However even the new supposed mud terrain on the Bronco look like all terrains from 20 years ago.

My biggest complaint was the pressure at 80lbs in the rear it’s way to stiff. I’m at 68 now only to avoid the tire light. But it’s much better than oem delivery pressure.

I don’t have my Tremor yet, hopefully soon. I do however have duratracs on my current truck. It’s an older superduty with 35 x 12.50 x 18 tires on -18 wheels. The tires have 40k miles and are over 4 yrs old. I absolutely love them! I have driven a lot of snow, a little mud and flash floods and a ton of dirt. I have also driven hwy across country many times towing trailers and boats. I’ve had a ton of different tires, BFG AT’s and MT’s, Goodyear, Big O, Michelin and the duratracs are currently my favorite tire. Only tires I really haven’t liked have be Toyos. They were absolutely awful! Fell apart extremely quick from driving gravel roads.
I’m very surprised with the reviews on the duratracs on this forum. The only thing I can think of is the skinny tire on a skinny stance. Also the tire pressure maybe. Anyway I’ll know more when I get my new truck. I do plan on getting bigger tires new wheels to adjust the stance, but that might be after the tires are needing replaced. Good chance I will be getting more duratracs when picking out new tires.

My truck felt so unstable and wandered like crazy on the initial drive home, I thought something was wrong. Figured it was the overly narrow tires. Less than 200 miles on the Duratracs, and they were gone in favor of 35x1250x18 Toyo MTs. Problem gone.
With less than 600 miles mine were gone. Got a Falken Wildpeak 37”

For me the initial drive home was unbearable ... I could not keep the truck straight ... as this was my first Super Duty, I just thought it was something I had to get used to ... the wondering did go away to my pleasure after a few miles .(less than 50) .. people here say it is the tires ... but I an not so sure ... to me, it felt more like the truck was just breaking in ... needless to say at about 5000 miles I just switched to Nitto Ridge Grapplers ... love them I also installed Fox 2.0s with the tires (stock wheels) and now the truck is a whole new wonderful beast. I now call her "brick house" from the song with the same name. Before the tires and shocks, I installed the Fox ATS steering stabilizer (this month's group buy) ... which was the single most noticeable enhancement to the truck.

Which Fox ATS stabilizer for 2021 F250 Tremor gasser?

My truck felt so unstable and wandered like crazy on the initial drive home, I thought something was wrong. Figured it was the overly narrow tires. Less than 200 miles on the Duratracs, and they were gone in favor of 35x1250x18 Toyo MTs. Problem gone.
Right there with you! These tires suck

I read all about people saying the duratrac needs to break in before it handles well. I’m at 1500 miles. I am coming from a 2017 350 cclb, so that may be affecting my perception, but I had an 11 ccsb prior, so I am familiar with the short wheelbase. Here is my issue, the tires do not feel connected to the road. They feel like they are wandering, and I am constantly correcting for this. I don’t get and feel at all. Alignment is good. It reminds me of driving a swb jeep. My 17 tracked like a train on rails. These tires also feel a bit “squishy” front and rear, like the sidewalls are too soft. Is this just how these tires are, or am I just not used to the SWB? I don’t think it’s the wheelbase, as this is still a pretty long vehicle.
I didn't like my duratracs either for all the same reasons. Sold them and bought a set of Cooper discover AT3-XLT in the 35". Right out of the tire shop on the way home 80mph tracked entirely different, confident and no wandering. I figured 1350.00 for the coopers minus 750.00 for the duratracs was money well spent. I do more on road then off road so it was a win for me.

How are these things in the winter? We get a lot of snow where I am here in Ontario, Canada. Deep snow. I’m coming from a lifted 2020 Rubicon with Falken AT3W 35s. I’ve never had a truck before so I feel like I’m in for a real surprise in the deep stuff.

Just an FYI, rotated tires today, 10,300 miles. Wandering is back, though not as pronounced, so it should disappear in a few weeks.

Wear is good so far, should get 40 to 50k out of these.

Oh, and they saved my ass last weekend in the mud. It snuck up on me, but these tires crawled through it. Much, much better than the BFG AT KO2s on my old truck.

How are these things in the winter? We get a lot of snow where I am here in Ontario, Canada. Deep snow. I’m coming from a lifted 2020 Rubicon with Falken AT3W 35s. I’ve never had a truck before so I feel like I’m in for a real surprise in the deep stuff.
I've run Duratracs on my 2011 Raptor in Minnesota (Plenty of snow) for 7 of the 8 years I owned the rig. I'll deal with the break in period as they are great tires! (At least for the Raptor)

It’s weird only super duty people seem to hate these tires. My neighbor has them on his jeep and another buddy has them on his Ram Rebel and with 37,000 miles they only look about half worn. He said when they wear out he’ll replace them with another set. Didn’t know what I was talking about when I asked him if they “wander”. Said they’re the best tires he’s ever had and he owns a trucking company

It’s weird only super duty people seem to hate these tires. My neighbor has them on his jeep and another buddy has them on his Ram Rebel and with 37,000 miles they only look about half worn. He said when they wear out he’ll replace them with another set. Didn’t know what I was talking about when I asked him if they “wander”. Said they’re the best tires he’s ever had and he owns a trucking company
I've had a set on my F-150 and they've been fantastic. A touch noisy, but great in the snow and ice, track and wear fantastic. Have around 55,000 miles on them and they still have good tread left (something like 8/32"). Rotate them with every oil change.

So really curious how they will be on the Super Duty. A big part of the value of the Tremor package to me was the Duratracs as that's exactly what I wanted on the truck anyways.

Back