NOOOOO week old Tremor SMASHED 😭

Glad you were OK,

OTOH now you can order the truck of your dreams

Guys my week old Tremor was rear ended by a giant piece of human waste!!!

Worried the frame is bent but being the fact that it is like a $90,000 truck they’ll never total it…. Now I’ll be at least a month without my truck, not to mention how do you even trust a truck that’s taken a significant impact going forward is beyond me. The spare tire is pushed up into the rear differential and the shocks and the entire box has been pushed up almost touching the cab of the truck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Very unfortunate start to my Tremor ownership.
'22 F250 6.7 TOTALED LAST JAN ('23). Frame had two cracks.....approx repair costs was $58 K (It needed a new frame and cab). USAA never had to inspect it as Ford Dealer Body shop sent in photos. Truck was valued at $80 K plus ! Ironically airbags did not deploy. Everyone ok. Amen. Hang in there and hope they DO Total it for you......

Wanted to update everyone:

$20,000 in damage. Needs a whole new box, frame is “Slightly bent” and needs to be repaired… WTF!

Repair shop said no way they will total it based on the insurance company (Liberty Mutual) but man frame damage is just so unnerving. Not to mention I use this truck for business and now I have to look at being without it for at least a month, if not more!

My back is jacked up, went to doctor and he recommended I lawyer up. So I did, meet with lawyer tomorrow.

$20,000 in damage. Needs a whole new box, frame is “Slightly bent” and needs to be repaired… WTF!

Repair shop said no way they will total it based on the insurance company (Liberty Mutual) but man frame damage is just so unnerving. Not to mention I use this truck for business and now I have to look at being without it for at least a month, if not more!

My back is jacked up, went to doctor and he recommended I lawyer up. So I did, meet with lawyer tomorrow.
Oh and the insurance company put me in a f%^$ing minivan to boot!!!! Arghhhhhhh!!!!

Worried the frame is bent but being the fact that it is like a $90,000 truck they’ll never total it…. Now I’ll be at least a month without my truck, not to mention how do you even trust a truck that’s taken a significant impact going forward is beyond me. The spare tire is pushed up into the rear differential and the shocks and the entire box has been pushed up almost touching the cab of the truck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Very unfortunate start to my Tremor ownership.
Oh no! So sorry! 😢

Hopefully the lawyer can maybe get it totaled. Ask him about the diminished value adding onto the cost of repair. A Frame damaged truck is never going to sell used. Maybe at half the price. Tell him your $90,000 truck is worth about $45k now. Plus the 20,000 to fix it.

'22 F250 6.7 TOTALED LAST JAN ('23). Frame had two cracks.....approx repair costs was $58 K (It needed a new frame and cab). USAA never had to inspect it as Ford Dealer Body shop sent in photos. Truck was valued at $80 K plus ! Ironically airbags did not deploy. Everyone ok. Amen. Hang in there and hope they DO Total it for you......
Usaa for the win 👍

Yes! Having an evil but necessary lawyer on your side will benefit you big time. A properly worded letter sent from the law office in regards to future liability issues with it because of the expected, intended uses you had lined up for your Tremor, which is an HD commercial vehicle with a huge GCVWR which can now be considered suspect (along with the scarlet letter branding of a Salvage Title) just might influence the insurance company rethink their decision to total it and chalk it up to covering their arses. Besides, the insurance co will take ownership of it and sell it and I’m sure will get top dollar for it, thereby lowering their overall settlement “costs” for the claim.
And since this has just been a week since the occurrence, our human bodies can somewhat compensate themselves in the very short term and then damages can pop up and be considered contributed to the crash and therefore becomes part of the claim. Even soft tissue injuries can costs tens of thousands of dollars with elimination tests like CT Scans, MRI’s, expert witness testimony’s etc.. Not to mention future medical costs if awarded as well.

Remember, it’s all about the money (exposure) for the insurance company.

They want to settle it as quickly as possible. Do not be in any rush to do so.
You (your attorney) will be in charge.

Best of luck to you!
I’m glad you came out of it intact and I hope nothing internal rears its ugly head in the future.

Any damage between the bed and the cab? Does the bed look level across?

That's sickening! Thankful you're ok.

On a side note. From the looks of the other vehicle, it was a damn hard hit. You're truck protected you very well. The damage should have been 10x worse. Is the tailgate even dented? Hardly noticeable in the picture. The frame is surely bent & twisted. It makes me sick even thinking about it.

Yes! Having an evil but necessary lawyer on your side will benefit you big time. A properly worded letter sent from the law office in regards to future liability issues with it because of the expected, intended uses you had lined up for your Tremor, which is an HD commercial vehicle with a huge GCVWR which can now be considered suspect (along with the scarlet letter branding of a Salvage Title) just might influence the insurance company rethink their decision to total it and chalk it up to covering their arses. Besides, the insurance co will take ownership of it and sell it and I’m sure will get top dollar for it, thereby lowering their overall settlement “costs” for the claim.
And since this has just been a week since the occurrence, our human bodies can somewhat compensate themselves in the very short term and then damages can pop up and be considered contributed to the crash and therefore becomes part of the claim. Even soft tissue injuries can costs tens of thousands of dollars with elimination tests like CT Scans, MRI’s, expert witness testimony’s etc.. Not to mention future medical costs if awarded as well.

Remember, it’s all about the money (exposure) for the insurance company.

They want to settle it as quickly as possible. Do not be in any rush to do so.
You (your attorney) will be in charge.

Best of luck to you!
I’m glad you came out of it intact and I hope nothing internal rears its ugly head in the future.
This is exactly what you need to do. Let your attorney handle this with the ultimate goal to get it totaled.

I did something similar with a boat I had. I wrecked a 2008 32' Regulator center console, put a hole in the port bow above the waterline. Insurance company didn't want to total it, so the boat dealer and I scheduled a meeting with him, the insurance surveyor and a representative of the boat manufacturer. My insurance stated they would repair the boat to the same condition it was prior to the accident. With everyone there, I asked the dealer, doing the repair, if he could fix it to the same strength prior to the accident. Both he and the boat manufacturer said the repair would not be as strong as prior to the accident. The surveyor totaled it, right then and there. Difference in $$ was approx $100K in my favor.

Might take some effort in time, but fight it. You don't have confidence in the truck anymore, with a diminished value thing hanging over your head.

Yes!!
Nothing spells out “an agreeable settlement offer!” like a legal-eagle spouting future liability contingencies to the face of an insurance adjuster!👍

Eagerly waiting the outcome, found this thread by accident (poorly punned) looking for the old state farm thread. Your lawyer should be able to figure out their maximums too which can go in your favor. Though if the person that hit you doesn't have maximum coverages you'll be forced to sue for limits above and beyond their coverages and then you stand to lose money on that (always the risk).

For your fight for total loss:
  • Def fight for diminished value
    • There's a lot of lawyers that specialize in this too and def (obvious) do not settle for first offer.
  • loss of income (commercial usage if you have proof of such for the truck)
  • look at the long-term rental, doubtful you'll get it back in a month.
  • Get your insurance involved too, sooner than later, they with the power of your lawyer can become an unstoppable duo.

Back