BLACKCHERRY

Tremoraholic
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250, Tremor
Current Ride #2
2003 Ram 2500 HO
Well, here she is. We wanted to get a jump start on the 2023 Platform so we snagged the first 2023MY that landed at a local dealership. It's an XLT Powerstroke FX4.

We installed our 3.5" Backcountry, Torsion Sway Bar, Full Progressive Leaf Springs, & High Mount Steering Stabilizer. This afternoon, we're test fitting the Trophy Hitch.

Wheels are 18x9 Polished KMC GRS with 0 offset, tires are the new Falken 37x13.5r18 RT.

Front.jpg
Grill.jpg

side.jpg
rear.jpg
wheels.jpg
Rear susp.jpg
Front SUspen.jpg
Front suspen.1.jpg

Dan, what did they change exactly that the lower steering stabilizer doesn’t fit? Is it the diff cover side or the mount on the tie rod?

Dan, what did they change exactly that the lower steering stabilizer doesn’t fit? Is it the diff cover side or the mount on the tie rod?
The old diff cover was a 5 bolt, new one requires 7 so the center section of the front axle appears different.

The old diff cover was a 5 bolt, new one requires 7 so the center section of the front axle appears different.
Thanks! Would love to hear your professional opinion and observations on improvements Ford made to 23 suspension. CJC (Cody) already mentioned the additional tire clearance via smaller sway bar and tucked in radius arms, but there’s probably more subtle changes.

Can you get led headlights on an 23 xlt?

Is it me or is there more rake in the 23? My biggest concern with installing a Carli lift is not having enough on my 22 350. If it sat like this it would be golden!

• Winner
Reactions: ccw
Very nice truck!!! Congratulations and cheers 🍻

Well, here she is. We wanted to get a jump start on the 2023 Platform so we snagged the first 2023MY that landed at a local dealership. It's an XLT Powerstroke FX4.

We installed our 3.5" Backcountry, Torsion Sway Bar, Full Progressive Leaf Springs, & High Mount Steering Stabilizer. This afternoon, we're test fitting the Trophy Hitch.

Wheels are 18x9 Polished KMC GRS with 0 offset, tires are the new Falken 37x13.5r18 RT.

View attachment 119321View attachment 119322
View attachment 119323View attachment 119324View attachment 119325View attachment 119326View attachment 119327View attachment 119328
Man that's the best looking 23 I've seen pics of so far. The XLT grill and lights look good, and the gray with black trim and chrome is a good balance. Ford's efforts on the higher trim levels just miss the mark completely. Love the wheel and tire combo and the suspension mods are really nice. Clearly not your first rodeo. With the lower trim level, did you miss out on any useful off road tech? Just curious.

Is it me or is there more rake in the 23? My biggest concern with installing a Carli lift is not having enough on my 22 350. If it sat like this it would be golden!
I'm wondering if it has to do with the rear leaf pack he added? I personally like the way this truck looks over the "leveled". I have more towing miles than unloaded though.

That front air dam needs cut down to size lol so big :)

Thanks! Would love to hear your professional opinion and observations on improvements Ford made to 23 suspension. CJC (Cody) already mentioned the additional tire clearance via smaller sway bar and tucked in radius arms, but there’s probably more subtle changes.
I have yet to dig into the factory made changes that don't directly affect what we're doing but i'll get there! Right now, it's at SDI checking E-Venture compatibility.
This seems to have more rake. We installed our 08-22 leaf springs and the rear is a couple inches high. We need to investigate this.
Very nice truck!!! Congratulations and cheers 🍻
Thanks!
Man that's the best looking 23 I've seen pics of so far. The XLT grill and lights look good, and the gray with black trim and chrome is a good balance. Ford's efforts on the higher trim levels just miss the mark completely. Love the wheel and tire combo and the suspension mods are really nice. Clearly not your first rodeo. With the lower trim level, did you miss out on any useful off road tech? Just curious.
No sir, i've build many trucks! Appreciate the compliments. As for off-road tech, we missed out on none. The less nanny-controls the better. The traction control/advanced-trac and ABS try to flip your truck in the dirt; we pull the ABS fuse to prevent these systems from funcitoning when off-roading. We are after full control of the truck.
I'm wondering if it has to do with the rear leaf pack he added? I personally like the way this truck looks over the "leveled". I have more towing miles than unloaded though.
Yup, it's our springs that determined the height here.
That front air dam needs cut down to size lol so big :)
I ordered a Tremor valance from the local dealer and he said there's currently "No ETA" listed so i wait.

I would be interested in knowing how the Backcountry with stated options on this truck performs on washboard roads. It would be awesome to see a video of this truck as currently equipped, a truck with the Pintop and yet another with the e-Venture on washboards roads. I have seen numerous requests for these exact comparisons on several forums and on YouTube channels.

I would be interested in knowing how the Backcountry with stated options on this truck performs on washboard roads. It would be awesome to see a video of this truck as currently equipped, a truck with the Pintop and yet another with the e-Venture on washboards roads. I have seen numerous requests for these exact comparisons on several forums and on YouTube channels.
The struggle is showing the difference. On a washboard road, you're not going to visibly see anything and they'll all ride awesome in that situation. The Backcountry with full leaf springs and torsion sway bar (which is what this truck has on it) is an insane improvement on the small stuff offroad. I was laughing as i was driving it through some of the sections of our off-road course as it's a shockingly capable little setup that's stupid comfortable in sharp chop that would shake a stock truck to death.

I've tried this SO many times to capture this on camera as I am the one either behind the camera or behind the wheel in all our videos. Driving washboard looks like you're cruising the highway. When you get into the bigger stuff, you start seeing the difference as the Backcountry will get out of hand while the larger shocks remain composed. To show on video, you need to drive the truck to the absolute limit of what's it's capable - washboard won't do it.

The struggle is showing the difference. On a washboard road, you're not going to visibly see anything and they'll all ride awesome in that situation. The Backcountry with full leaf springs and torsion sway bar (which is what this truck has on it) is an insane improvement on the small stuff offroad. I was laughing as i was driving it through some of the sections of our off-road course as it's a shockingly capable little setup that's stupid comfortable in sharp chop that would shake a stock truck to death.

I've tried this SO many times to capture this on camera as I am the one either behind the camera or behind the wheel in all our videos. Driving washboard looks like you're cruising the highway. When you get into the bigger stuff, you start seeing the difference as the Backcountry will get out of hand while the larger shocks remain composed. To show on video, you need to drive the truck to the absolute limit of what's it's capable - washboard won't do it.
Excellent Explanation!!! The exact information I was looking to obtain! Thanks Dan!

Thanks for this explanation. I was actually curious about this as well. More washboard roads and logging roads than baja extremes here.

I have yet to dig into the factory made changes that don't directly affect what we're doing but i'll get there! Right now, it's at SDI checking E-Venture compatibility.

This seems to have more rake. We installed our 08-22 leaf springs and the rear is a couple inches high. We need to investigate this.

Thanks!

No sir, i've build many trucks! Appreciate the compliments. As for off-road tech, we missed out on none. The less nanny-controls the better. The traction control/advanced-trac and ABS try to flip your truck in the dirt; we pull the ABS fuse to prevent these systems from funcitoning when off-roading. We are after full control of the truck.

I ordered a Tremor valance from the local dealer and he said there's currently "No ETA" listed so i wait.

Thanks!

Dan, Any updates on any investigation into why the my23's have more rake? I just put the evnenture on w/progressives, love the suspension but not stoked on the rake. Can we take leafs/overloads out? Any other options?

Attachments

• IMG_2710.jpeg
    IMG_2710.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 35
It looks like y’all did a great job and I like the wheels. I have to say though that particular front end on that color is god awful looking. All the pictures that don’t show the front look really nice though.
I'd have to disagree. I think the entire truck looks great and the standard XLT grill just plain works. I personally feel like it makes it look more like a truck. I don't hate the STX/SAP/BAP/Lariat+ trim grill and LED's, but I do like this grill.

Back