Military
USN
Current Ride
2014 F150 Platinum
Current Ride #2
couple of KTM’s
First Responder
2020 F350 Tremor Lariat, 2014 F150 platnium
Maybe some come with a rear sway bar but mine didn't. I did notice it was sloppy when in the ass when changing
lanes abruptly so I ordered a Hellwig rear sway bar hope it cleans it up.

Wonder why they chose not to include one more articulation?

Maybe some come with a rear sway bar but mine didn't. I did notice it was sloppy when in the ass when changing

Cut costs, aftermarket necessity. Everyone but you the consumer gets paid. I'm a pessimist.

From what I understand the Hellwig rear sway bar does really help.

@taylorrawak how do you like the Hellwig? thinking about it too, but wondering if it impacts any of the offroad aspects of the tremor.

Tremor's do not come with a rear sway bar. The only way to get a factory rear sway bar is to get the camper package, which is not available, when you select the Tremor package.

just installed a Hellwig sway bar. nice piece. havent driven but i will report when i do. the rear end felt sloppy to me hope this cleans it up!

just installed a Hellwig sway bar. nice piece. havent driven but i will report when i do. the rear end felt sloppy to me hope this cleans it up!

So what's the report? I'm hoping to stiffen up the rear of my Tremor when towing my boat. Hoping this Hellwig will help. Which model # did you purchase? Thanks!

So what's the report? I'm hoping to stiffen up the rear of my Tremor when towing my boat. Hoping this Hellwig will help. Which model # did you purchase? Thanks!

I installed a Hellwig #7320 on my F-350. It did help with trailer towing, but overall, I'm disappointed with the Tremor towing. More than likely the suspension. I also have 18' F-250 6.7 platinum and a 19 F-450 6.7 and these tow much better in my opinion.

I installed a Hellwig #7320 on my F-350. It did help with trailer towing, but overall, I'm disappointed with the Tremor towing. More than likely the suspension. I also have 18' F-250 6.7 platinum and a 19 F-450 6.7 and these tow much better in my opinion.
I think the suspension is the factor. There is a trade off when you add aggressive off road and trailer hauling. The bottom line is this is a universal truck for towing and off road adventure. If you do one or the other you may want a different truck that is more appropriate for your needs.

it did clean the sway up alot, i put the the adjuster in the middle of 3 locations, the directions say the furtherest in the back hole is the stiffest so im playing with it still.
also still need to tow something ill report back after i do it.

it did clean the sway up alot, i put the the adjuster in the middle of 3 locations, the directions say the furtherest in the back hole is the stiffest so im playing with it still.
also still need to tow something ill report back after i do it.

You might want to check the instructions again, leverage usually dictates that the closest hole is the stiffest and the the furthest the softest.

Following

Cut costs, aftermarket necessity. Everyone but you the consumer gets paid. I'm a pessimist.

From what I understand the Hellwig rear sway bar does really help.
It is intentional to not limit rear suspension articulation. No pessimism needed on that one.

I would be willing to bet tires are the biggest cause of handling difference between the your F250 (if it is a CCSB) and the Tremor. If the F250 is a CCLB the extra length will account for some of the extra stability towing beyond tires. The Tremor rear suspension uses the same springs as a normal F350 with the taller lift block that was from the 17-19 trucks. With that said there is not going to be a SRW truck that will match the towing stability of the DRW F450 but but that is the trade off for more off-road drivability of the SRW.

this reminds me of a guy i saw buy a raptor then go try to hookup his toy hauler and sacked the suspension. came right back and traded it in for a super duty. you need the sway bar towing the tremor will be shit as its meant for articulation. lots of guys just unbolt one side of the bar when they go off-road and put it back on when they hit pavement again.

this reminds me of a guy i saw buy a raptor then go try to hookup his toy hauler and sacked the suspension. came right back and traded it in for a super duty. you need the sway bar towing the tremor will be shit as its meant for articulation. lots of guys just unbolt one side of the bar when they go off-road and put it back on when they hit pavement again.
Honestly the the only place I needed the sway bar was driving in colorado because there road were ass... Other then that you can go 80 with no sway in Uath and kansas with not problem ... Now I was only 16k lbs ... A little lite for this truck but didn't need it yet.... Hahaha

A rear bar reduces articulation. It helps control heavier or higher loads. But in an empty truck it will induce oversteer.

Any update on this? I have my tremor on order and I was looking to get the rear sway bar for when I haul material to customer. Does helwig make a quick connect if you wanna go off roading?

I just went to a scrap yard and pulled one off a crashed 2019 f 350. Ill install it monday when im off. Itll then be the same as a stock f 350 rear suspension, I dont plan to offroad this truck too hard so I dont care about the extra couple inches of articulation.

Back