JRHII

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor Black
Current Ride #2
Roush Stage 3 Muatang - track car
I ordered Nitto Ridge Grapplers last Wednesday through a tire shop I have been using for years.

The tires were supposed to be delivered by Friday ... The shop got notice that they shipped but no tracking numbers were provided by Nitto.

Well, it is Wednesday (a week later) and the tires have not been received. The shop has called multiple times and has not gotten a response or return call. ..Has anyone else had problems with Nitto delivering or whether Nitto is in trouble.

I have reached out to them also but have received no response either. Anyone noticing problems with Nitto?

I'm not in the tire business but from what I understand all our local tire shops here order through suppliers that buy from manufacturers. Some large companies may buy direct , not sure

COVID really affected the whole industry...I work in the off-road industry and just like you I also had a "go-to" for tires. Recently I've seen where tires normally come from CA are now coming from GA - shipping costs to consider. And not just Nitto but other tire mfgs. are experiencing delays of at least 3 months out.
It all depends on the tire size of course. This pandemic somehow got people to spend money and customize their vehicles, so common tire sizes such as 35" or 37" are harder to find.
Good luck man!

I'm not in the tire business but from what I understand all our local tire shops here order through suppliers that buy from manufacturers. Some large companies may buy direct , not sure
They buy directly from nitto ... the tire shop told me that they bought over 2000 tires from Nitto last year ...

I tried several local Tire Stores here in Tampa for Ridge Grapplers. 35x12.50r18 weren't available, anywhere in the south. Then I tried Tire Rack, Wheel Offsets, 4 Wheel Parts, Discount Tire .. etc, tried them all. Finally chose Nitto G2's instead. Had them in 3 days. Saved a whole $6.00 a tire.

I tried several local Tire Stores here in Tampa for Ridge Grapplers. 35x12.50r18 weren't available, anywhere in the south. Then I tried Tire Rack, Wheel Offsets, 4 Wheel Parts, Discount Tire .. etc, tried them all. Finally chose Nitto G2's instead. Had them in 3 days. Saved a whole $6.00 a tire.
How do you like them compared to stock good years ....

I recently (3/18) bought a set from discounttiredirect (Discount Tire company online) via eBay. Had them shipped to my house for free, then had the local guy mount, balance and install them. $1364 for the set of (4) tires.

How do you like them compared to stock good years ....
I couldn't stand the Original GoodYears. They wandered all over the road. Removed them at 350 miles. As of today, I'm near 700 miles with the Nittos G2's. 50 psi front, 45 psi rear. Super smooth, tracks straight, Everything I wanted, I've gotten. I expect the ride to improve again when the Carli Ft Sway becomes available. Even greater results when the King OE Shcks show up.

Last edited:
Luckily my shop had bought a stock pile of Nitto 35’s and 37’s and I was able to reserve a set, but they are out and saying almost 2-3 weeks to get cause normal supply companies are out at the moment

I purchased two sets of Nittos in the last 2 months. Both 35 x 12. 15s, and a set of 37 x12 .50s last fall.

They are having certain popular sizes come in and out of stock and can result in delays. (what I mean is the site shows in stock and there is a delay in the inventory/ web order site resulting in not in stock.)

I did not need my last set right away, figured I would get an order in..... and they showed up immediately. :sneaky::sneaky: There are several other brand tires that should get you what you want if you can't get the Nittos. Toyo and Patagonia come to mind as well as the tried and true BFGs.

The rumor I heard was Toyo and Nitto are same factory ( not confirmed ).

Nitto is directly sending me a new,, unseen set of tires for free because I am part of the nitto pit crew. Everything was set up a few days ago and I should have them in the next couple of weeks. I'd assume they've been planning this for a while so I should have any issues getting them. It's taking a while for everything.

I purchased two sets of Nittos in the last 2 months. Both 35 x 12. 15s, and a set of 37 x12 .50s last fall.

They are having certain popular sizes come in and out of stock and can result in delays. (what I mean is the site shows in stock and there is a delay in the inventory/ web order site resulting in not in stock.)

I did not need my last set right away, figured I would get an order in..... and they showed up immediately. :sneaky::sneaky: There are several other brand tires that should get you what you want if you can't get the Nittos. Toyo and Patagonia come to mind as well as the tried and true BFGs.

The rumor I heard was Toyo and Nitto are same factory ( not confirmed ).
According to my tire shop ... they are the same (Nitto and Toyo) or at least have the same parent company. FYI my Ridge Grapplers came in last Friday and they are installed now ... love them ... also upgraded to FOx 2.0's. Awesome ride now ...

Ridge grapplers were a week late ... but in today's environment I do not think that is so bad ... happy now ... but they could do a better job of updating customers.

According to my tire shop ... they are the same (Nitto and Toyo) or at least have the same parent company. FYI my Ridge Grapplers came in last Friday and they are installed now ... love them ... also upgraded to FOx 2.0's. Awesome ride now ...

Ridge grapplers were a week late ... but in today's environment I do not think that is so bad ... happy now ... but they could do a better job of updating customers.
Awesome I have the RGs on the Tremor and love them, I have the Mud Grapplers on my Jeep they are more aggressive

Those Fox 2.0 shocks are great value. I got them on my Jeep probably will get a set for the Tremor the stock Tremor shocks are low grade. I don't need the dual shocks.

Back