Rock Taxi

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited
I am currently only somewhat happy with the factory Goodyears. The street traction isn't what I expected. They break loose way too easily, especially on wet pavement. Off-road they are quite good, but I spend the vast majority of my time on the street.

What are y'all seeing with your Goodyears, and what tires are you considering for the next set of shoes for your truck?

Ed

I am currently only somewhat happy with the factory Goodyears. The street traction isn't what I expected. They break loose way too easily, especially on wet pavement. Off-road they are quite good, but I spend the vast majority of my time on the street.

What are y'all seeing with your Goodyears, and what tires are you considering for the next set of shoes for your truck?

Ed
A group of my buddies pretty much reached the same conclusion you did. They felt the Goodyears were awesome off-road, but weren't impressed with the tire's tread life and day-to-day handling. Most of them switched to Falken Wildpeaks and they seem happy with them. They're not as aggressive as the Goodyears. I like the Nitto Ridge Grappler.

I’ve only got about 200 miles on so far but overall happy. Not a lot of road noise that I can tell. We haven’t had much snow lately so can’t speak to winter traction but they are “snow rated.” I haven’t had them break loose yet but I’m pretty light in the throttle. So far I like them better than the bfg ko2 I had in my last truck. I was looking at the falkens too when I switch to 37s. Anyone know where they’re made?

I’ve only got about 200 miles on so far but overall happy. Not a lot of road noise that I can tell. We haven’t had much snow lately so can’t speak to winter traction but they are “snow rated.” I haven’t had them break loose yet but I’m pretty light in the throttle. So far I like them better than the bfg ko2 I had in my last truck. I was looking at the falkens too when I switch to 37s. Anyone know where they’re made?
I read somewhere that some Falkens are made in USA and some in Taiwan.

I have had great luck with these tires.
Got over 50,000 miles out of my last set on my 2015 F350.
Drive in lots of mud, ice, and snow, and hi-way too.
No road noise either. Also snow flake rated.

BFGOODRICH®
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
35x12.5x18

Ed

I have the goodyears on my dmax- 30k miles - great wear with 15k left - very good in snow, very good in rain - they started getting loud at 25k but that is much better than the coopers which became very loud at 10k-
Maybe with a little bit of weight in the bed will help- ?

I have had great luck with these tires.
Got over 50,000 miles out of my last set on my 2015 F350.
Drive in lots of mud, ice, and snow, and hi-way too.
No road noise either. Also snow flake rated.

BFGOODRICH®
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
35x12.5x18
I will second these tires have them on my Raptor and Rubicon both in the 35" tall size. they last a long time, good on the street and quiet but if you are in mud they do not clean out very well. Not good for mudding. Snow, ice, wet , dry all good

I've had the Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my F150 for 25,000 miles so far, they are great. Excellent on wet, dry, snow, dirt, and even light mud. I had Duratracs on my old F150 and felt they were better in mud than the Falkens, but in almost everything else the Falkens were better. Tread wear has been great and they look aggressive enough but still run quiet (relatively). I'll run the noisier Duratracs for a few years and see how they go. The Falkens will be on my short list. I've had BFG A/T and found they got noisy after 15k.

I will second these tires have them on my Raptor and Rubicon both in the 35" tall size. they last a long time, good on the street and quiet but if you are in mud they do not clean out very well. Not good for mudding. Snow, ice, wet , dry all good

Completely agree with the BFGs as I currently have them on my Raptor. In the rain they have very little traction. Look good, great on the highway, very little noise.

I have a buddy with a super charged Roush F150 that came with Grabber A/T X tires and he swears by them. Good balance of off-road & on-road, towing and good in the rain.

You cant beat TOYO!
I also happen to know where Tremors can get the best deal in the US on them

You cant beat TOYO!
I also happen to know where Tremors can get the best deal in the US on them
Hammrod, what’s the status of your order? Should be getting real close.

Ford has really let me down this time. First my dealer ordered it incorrectly...for months tried to convince me it was how i wanted. then when they realized the mistake, we reordered...waited 6 weeks to find out the dealership couldn’t place my order due to no more allocations!!!! WTF!!!!!!! That was last Thursday

Treated like shit by a dealer that i bought an Expedition & 2 RAPTORS from.
Any suggestions?
Thinking about a dodge on a lot down the road

Ford has really let me down this time. First my dealer ordered it incorrectly...for months tried to convince me it was how i wanted. then when they realized the mistake, we reordered...waited 6 weeks to find out the dealership couldn’t place my order due to no more allocations!!!! WTF!!!!!!! That was last Thursday

Any suggestions?
The PowerWagon is pretty cool.

Could always go to another dealer.

Any suggestions?
Hammrod, just go to another dealer and have them do a nationwide search for what you want. There are a few white lariat sport tremors listed on auto trader, so they are out there. Don’t let your bad experience with the prior dealer ruin what you have wanted for the last 7 months. I know I would definitely let everyone know about their incompetence.

A group of my buddies pretty much reached the same conclusion you did. They felt the Goodyears were awesome off-road, but weren't impressed with the tire's tread life and day-to-day handling. Most of them switched to Falken Wildpeaks and they seem happy with them. They're not as aggressive as the Goodyears. I like the Nitto Ridge Grappler.
Another vote for the Nitto Ridge Grappler, excellent off-road tire with minimal highway noise and great tread life, as long as you rotate religiously at 6k. The Trail Grappler is even better off-road but a bit more noisy yet bearable on the highway. I’ve been running Nitto tires on Raptors and Super Duties since 08 and have had several sets get over 80k miles.

My wife had Duratracs on her Colorado and I thought they did pretty good. I will see how they work on my new truck once it arrives. My gut feeling is the next set will be Nitto's. I have had a few sets on a couple different super duty's I have owned. My current truck has the ridge grapplers right now for my summers. I have had the trail grapplers before and would probably switch back to them when the good years are spanked. Here in Vermont I use my truck for work and it is on dirt road half of it's life. I have found for my application that the trail grapplers worked better for me than my current set of ridge grapplers. Just my opinon!

Bullit

Another vote for the Nitto Ridge Grappler, excellent off-road tire with minimal highway noise and great tread life, as long as you rotate religiously at 6k. The Trail Grappler is even better off-road but a bit more noisy yet bearable on the highway. I’ve been running Nitto tires on Raptors and Super Duties since 08 and have had several sets get over 80k miles.
That’s because they are built by TOYO!
And yes i do believe TOYO builds the best tires.
Go TOYO!

Back