Newbie in VA

Sportsman81

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor
hi all newbie here to the super duty/diesel game…. New to me 2020 Tremor 6.7L…also trying to get used to the ride, I’m coming out of a raptor. I did notice the truck has airlift bags…they are deflated however experiencing some vibration on hwy over 70mph, doesn’t feel like balancing, are these known to effect ride even with no pressure? Logic tells me that it would considering it’s connected to ten frame and axel whereas a bump stop is floating allowing for suspension travel. Curious opinions before I take them off.
1CE0085E-4BDC-4CD0-947F-25A0D3B8A262.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome
You need to run minimum 5psi when unloaded
I used to keep mine at 8psi

Welcome!!

Death wobble

hi all newbie here to the super duty/diesel game…. New to me 2020 Tremor 6.7L…also trying to get used to the ride, I’m coming out of a raptor. I did notice the truck has airlift bags…they are deflated however experiencing some vibration on hwy over 70mph, doesn’t feel like balancing, are these known to effect ride even with no pressure? Logic tells me that it would considering it’s connected to ten frame and axel whereas a bump stop is floating allowing for suspension travel. Curious opinions before I take them off.
Hey and welcome aboard. Whatever you do, don't do the, "I'll throw fourteen suspension/wheel/tire new parts" on the truck to fix a simple problem. My Tremor is a 21 with 20K miles on OEM suspension and tires (I did switch the shackles for Sulastics) and it is smooth as silk on a nice road up to the speed limiter. You probably have a tire out of balance. First thing I'd do is a straight rotation front to back and see if the vibration travels with the tires.

It is recommended to have 5psi min. in the air bags. The bags are not likely your problem though. You could disconnect them from the frame by removing the top bracket and see what you get though.

The main thing is try one diagnostic attempt at a time and weed out the obvious first. Don't just start changing things based on peoples erroneous opinions. Work the process logically. 🍻

Welcome. I from NVA, over by Ft. Belvoir.

welcome.

going from a Raptor to this... swap the shocks out to Elka's is a decent way to improve the ride. or just go Carli and call it a day lol. either way, you'll love the truck, I'm currently on my second Tremor and also had Raptors.

Welcome to the forum! I am interested to hear how it is after your adjustments.

Ok, 60ish psi all around, 8 psi in the bags and she floats!! All good, just what I was looking for. I may even drop the psi to mid 50’s after I lower the warning light trigger. Appreciate the feedback, even the “ death wobble” lol

Latest Discussions

Back