Newbie - Buy a tremor or build out 19 F250?

Evan_Carolina85

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F250 XLT 6.7 PWStroke
Recently had a change in my situation that would allow Me to buy new lariat tremor and put lift and 37’s on it.

But I very recently purchased a used 2019 F250XLT with 14k miles, 6.7 pwstroke, 3.31 gear that I was going to regear to 4.10 or 4.30, put a Carliback country 2.5 on, and new wheels and tires.

however I Love the look of the tremor with the lariat sport package And my thoughts on the 3.55 and 10 speed Tranny now is a regear wouldn’t be needed considering 37’s would take it to 3.31 which is what I have now.

the re gear is my biggest lean to selling my current truck and ordering a tremor. My question is does that make sense or is my understanding of the tremor gearing way off?

also is there a better place to post this?

Recently had a change in my situation that would allow Me to buy new lariat tremor and put lift and 37’s on it.

But I very recently purchased a used 2019 F250XLT with 14k miles, 6.7 pwstroke, 3.31 gear that I was going to regear to 4.10 or 4.30, put a Carliback country 2.5 on, and new wheels and tires.

however I Love the look of the tremor with the lariat sport package And my thoughts on the 3.55 and 10 speed Tranny now is a regear wouldn’t be needed considering 37’s would take it to 3.31 which is what I have now.

the re gear is my biggest lean to selling my current truck and ordering a tremor. My question is does that make sense or is my understanding of the tremor gearing way off?

also is there a better place to post this?

Welcome to the forum @Evan_Carolina85 - With the new 10 speed and the 6.7l, you definitely wouldn't have any issues with the 3.55 gears and 37s. It would also be all under warranty.

Here's some good discussion on running 37s: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/37-tires.95/

Thought Tremor package was 4.30 gears.

Maybe I misunderstand, you say'n 3.55 in a Tremor?
I wouldn't want to tow anything with that ratio on 37's.

Oh, my bad was thinking 7.3

This is a Tremor forum! Get lost if you need to ask that question

dick1.PNG

Welcome to the forum @Evan_Carolina85 - With the new 10 speed and the 6.7l, you definitely wouldn't have any issues with the 3.55 gears and 37s. It would also be all under warranty.

Here's some good discussion on running 37s: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/37-tires.95/
Thanks man, I really think I’m going to order a tremor now , just need to decided between a XLT and chrome delete or just go for it with lariat and sport appearance blacked out

Lots of guys do this, so don't take my opinion for more than the 2 cents it is worth. But I just don't understand why folks buy the Tremor and then lift it and replace the wheels and tires. Basically they only thing they are getting there is the front limited slip diff and the trail control electronic features.

Thought Tremor package was 4.30 gears.

Maybe I misunderstand, you say'n 3.55 in a Tremor?
I wouldn't want to tow anything with that ratio on 37's.

Oh, my bad was thinking 7.3
7.3L Tremor only get 4:30s
6.7L Tremor only get 3:55s
Unless you change them out of course. With the power of the 6.7L would think need to go way bigger than 37s to even start thinking of anything lower than 3:55s. The Tremor 10 speed will get a little better mileage vs the 19 with 6 speed and regear.

I debated XLT vs Lariat sport as well. Glad I went the Sport route, LED lights are huge improvement over standard. I also like the value upgrade with memory heated / ventilated seats. Not nessicary options but nice to have so if cost is a issue the XLT is good option. I don’t regret spending the extra coin on the sport.

7.3L Tremor only get 4:30s
6.7L Tremor only get 3:55s
Unless you change them out of course. With the power of the 6.7L would think need to go way bigger than 37s to even start thinking of anything lower than 3:55s. The Tremor 10 speed will get a little better mileage vs the 19 with 6 speed and regear.

I debated XLT vs Lariat sport as well. Glad I went the Sport route, LED lights are huge improvement over standard. I also like the value upgrade with memory heated / ventilated seats. Not nessicary options but nice to have so if cost is a issue the XLT is good option. I don’t regret spending the extra coin on the sport.
Thanks for the info and the words of wisdom on the gear, I think I will go for the lariat sport!

Lots of guys do this, so don't take my opinion for more than the 2 cents it is worth. But I just don't understand why folks buy the Tremor and then lift it and replace the wheels and tires. Basically they only thing they are getting there is the front limited slip diff and the trail control electronic features.
It might sound silly and ignorant but I like the ventilated hubs / axles ? I go camping a good bit and have to cross some waters and never really thought about needing that

also like the rock crawl mode and lime red slip up front ,also hoping to seek suspension and wheel tire combos to offset some of the cost.

Last edited:
Back