New wires didnt work

David.innovative

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 f250 7.3L
What's up guys, my 7.3 (most times) will start misfiring at higher rpms around 75mph and up. Never misfires at idle or just regular driving. I changed the wires with good wires but it's still happening. Has anyone else experienced the wires not being the only problem?

Does it happen the same with the tune removed and factory settings? If it's normal with factory settings you will have the techs chasing ghosts. When you said it's tuned my red flags came up.

Load the factory tune and send it in.

Plug wires are 100% a factory warranty issue.

They can see that it's been tuned and it will frequently be an issue as they can say it is directly related to an alteration in the engines programming. That's why companies like 5 star tuning offer a separate warranty as a form of mitigation. I cannot say how good that warranty may be, simply that it exists.

I am aware of 5 stars warranty, kinda intriguing but keith from oz tuned this. I have not loaded the oem tune. I mainly wanted to see if anyone needed to change a pack since I've already replaced the wires and the issue is still present so it could possibly be a tuning issue

My theory is they used to "hot" of a plug for low load emissions, and under high loads it can possibly overheat due to lack of heat transfer from the electrode.

Especially with a tune, I'd put in ruthenium or iridium plugs. I like NGKs. I'd do this before anything else as it is easy and you won't loose any sleep with better plugs even if they don't address the problem. After that, you know if has to be coils.

My theory is they used to "hot" of a plug for low load emissions, and under high loads it can possibly overheat due to lack of heat transfer from the electrode.

Especially with a tune, I'd put in ruthenium or iridium plugs. I like NGKs. I'd do this before anything else as it is easy and you won't loose any sleep with better plugs even if they don't address the problem. After that, you know if has to be coils.
Yea plugs is next move in terms of parts. I should pull the plugs to check for proper gap although I would like to think that ford would put properly gapped plugs in their motors. I'm gonna send 5 star tuning my data logs and see if they see any issues in the tune

Back