New Truck Issues

MG14

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor 7.3
I am a new member (really enjoy the tremor forum) and just got my 2022 F250 Tremor with the 7.3 a couple of months ago and I love it. However I do have some issues with it. The transmission shifts smooth between 1st and 10th gear, but when I shift from park to drive and drive to park it is rough. Will it smooth out over time? More break in time? I only have 1500 miles on it so far. I had a 2017 F250 with the 6.2 and 3.73 gears and it shifted very smooth.

Also I have the camera that goes over the truck bed, but it turns off after about 5 mph and gives me a message that it is a safety issue. I have read on forums and seen some video's were others can leave their camera on at any speed in order to keep an eye on their cargo. Does it need some type of software upgrade? I would appreciate any help.

The lurch into D from P doesn't seem to be going away, I'm at 11,000 miles. However, it only does it in my truck if my transmission is cold. Not so obvious/bad if i've been driving for a while. I also have the 7.3.

My rear cameras will stay on but I have to turn them on when I'm above 5 MPH. So what I'll do is start driving and then push the button. It used to default to the rear tail gate camera but I can switch it to the bed cam. I also have a bed camera option in my Sync's side screen. For me it's a moot point as I have a camper shell but before I put the shell on the camera would stay on while driving (probably still does but I don't need to look at red the whole time).

Also, if you start to hear a clicking noise while driving below 25 MPH it's the shocks. I'll save you the search and the frustration now. Most complaints seem to be from the rear shocks but I suspect it's all four.

Clicking or, as i've described it previously, like a rubber mallet hitting the chassis. Subtle but obvious.

Thanks for the tip on the shocks

When I had 7.3, I made sure to let the RPMs come down after first starting it, otherwise I would get the jolt when going into drive.

When shifting into Park, I would first shift into neutral to relieve the built up energy on the drive line and then put it into park.. that seemed to help as well.

Must be a gas thing though, because I have a 6.7 now and none of that happens. (I'm assuming because of the lower RPMs of the diesel)

Could the lower 4.30 gearing in the tremors have something to do with it or is it just the 7.3L motor? Because I had a 2017 F250 with the 6.2L and 3.73 gears and it shifted very smooth.

The 4.30 definitely doesn't help the situation, makes the lurch more obvious. But ultimately I think it's just the high pressures of the transmission especially when it is in the warmup RPM range. I've had decent luck remote starting my truck about 60 seconds before I drive it.

Back