New Tremor... so close

Ford_Fan

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-350 Tremor
Well - after waiting since 8/19/20 my Tremor finally arrived my dealership on Wednesday. I was so excited to get it I couldn't wait for them to call so I contacted them on Thursday morning. They finally said it was ready to pickup on Thursday evening. When I get there it's missing the winch and the power deployable running boards.

The running boards - which are on my order, are not on the truck. They claim the factory messed up and the only resolution they can offer is to order me a '21 and honor my pricing deal (with any applicable increases due to Ford pricing changes). They are saying it would take 14 to 16 weeks to get the truck here due to the holidays (I'm in Norther Cali near Sacramento). I'm really really really disappointed by not having the power running boards. I would have liked to have that for passengers that are less than ideally mobile (I prefer the standard boards but functionality is key). They claim retrofitting the power boards would be near impossible (they say they can't get the parts - parts manager looked into it) and even if they could it would be like $3000 that they WILL NOT eat. Aftermarket is a less than ideal option and would be out of my pocket.

As for the winch, it apparently comes in a separate box - they showed it to me - but they failed to install it before calling me down to pick it up on Thursday night. So I didn't take the truck as they would install the winch today (Friday). It's not done and won't be done until Monday at the earliest. They just keep stringing me along.

They've also implied I should feel lucky that the truck is here as it is and that they ar honoring the pricing because if I don't take the truck they'll have no issue selling it at full price and with a possible mark up (that's how they do biz there).

I see no recourse. And of course I already sold my F150 so am without a truck until either I take this one, order a new one or just buy something else (a non-Tremor in stock elsewhere).

Thoughts?

20201105_190357.jpg
20201105_190342.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if they really did order a truck for you? Or, just found a close match and hoped you would take it?

You've waited 15 months for a 90k truck and this is what happens? Oh man I would be angry. Especially with that response from the dealer. Have you verified the order sheet has the correct boards? If it was ordered correctly, can you go through Ford corporate?

Power running boards are cool, but the tremor boards will keep door dings off your truck. Take another $995 off your truck and schedule a time for the winch to be installed. That’s what I would do. The Tremor side steps will also keep rocks from denting your lower panels when smashing the gas in 4 wheel drive.

I wonder if they really did order a truck for you? Or, just found a close match and hoped you would take it?
They did order it - I have the order sheet and was able to see my name on the order via alumizilla.

You've waited 15 months for a 90k truck and this is what happens? Oh man I would be angry. Especially with that response from the dealer. Have you verified the order sheet has the correct boards? If it was ordered correctly, can you go through Ford corporate?
Sorry, I should have been more clear, 8/19 as in August 19th 2020 which I think was the last day of '20 orders.

I thought that too about going through Ford corp but the dealer can't (won't) provide me with any names to start with. I may call the marketing number tomorrow to see if it's open to start there, Monday at the latest. I don't know where else to go. The dealer says they have issues like this occasionally and Ford (HQ) sticks them with fixing it. And in this case they are selling the truck at such a discount they aren't willing to do anything I guess.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they did this on purpose with the expectation that I'd not take the truck. But that seems to be a stretch. Ugh. So frustrated.

Power running boards are cool, but the tremor boards will keep door dings off your truck. Take another $995 off your truck and schedule a time for the winch to be installed. That’s what I would do. The Tremor side steps will also keep rocks from denting your lower panels when smashing the gas in 4 wheel drive.
Yeah - this is what I think I'm going to do, take it as is. I found 1 other Tremor on the way to a somewhat local dealership but it doesn't have the 5th wheel prep and I'm going to tow.

They won't discount the truck any further as the running boards are a $0 option (Platinum) and they're already into their holdback. They think offering to honor the deal on a new order is sufficient. I can see their point if it was truly a factory issues but they are the customer facing agent and don't seem incentivized to do much more.

Another memorable buying experience! :)

They did order it - I have the order sheet and was able to see my name on the order via alumizilla.
The King Ranch is the only Tremor that the online builder for 2021 lets you put power boards on. I wonder if the factory looked and said, nope we aren't doing that. Did you pay for them on the build sheet? I would tell them you shouldn't pay for an option that is not installed. That being said, I wouldn't want to let such a beautiful truck go, especially after 15 months! The stock Tremor boards do have advantages over the powered.

Sorry, I should have been more clear, 8/19 as in August 19th 2020 which I think was the last day of '20 orders.

I thought that too about going through Ford corp but the dealer can't (won't) provide me with any names to start with. I may call the marketing number tomorrow to see if it's open to start there, Monday at the latest. I don't know where else to go. The dealer says they have issues like this occasionally and Ford (HQ) sticks them with fixing it. And in this case they are selling the truck at such a discount they aren't willing to do anything I guess.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they did this on purpose with the expectation that I'd not take the truck. But that seems to be a stretch. Ugh. So frustrated.
Ah good! that is much more reasonable! lol

The King Ranch is the only Tremor that the online builder for 2021 lets you put power boards on. I wonder if the factory looked and said, nope we aren't doing that. Did you pay for them on the build sheet? I would tell them you shouldn't pay for an option that is not installed. That being said, I wouldn't want to let such a beautiful truck go, especially after 15 months! The stock Tremor boards do have advantages over the powered.
On the '20 it was a $0 option on the Platinum. So no further discounts.

I'm leaning towards taking as is having waited for it and it has everything else I ordered (basically loaded).

On the '20 it was a $0 option on the Platinum. So no further discounts.

I'm leaning towards taking as is having waited for it and it has everything else I ordered (basically loaded).
Usually standard on platinum, so its really rolled into the price of the trim level. Maybe you can talk them into a bed cover or some other accessory? I guess the question there is if you selected the non power boards was it a credit to the price, like carpet delete, etc?

Usually standard on platinum, so its really rolled into the price of the trim level. Maybe you can talk them into a bed cover or some other accessory? I guess the question there is if you selected the non power boards was it a credit to the price, like carpet delete, etc?
I thought it was strange to but no - the power running boards are literally an option and it shows on the order sheet as $0 and if on the window sticker as "NO CHARGE".

I have until Monday to stew about it. LOL. Hopefully the winch install will go smoothly. I mean it is 2020 so seems like this can still go south.

Sorry I got a little fired up when you first posted the dealer's "you should be happy it's here". I hate it when people don't own up to their mistakes and make it right, especially when you are dealing with this kind of money. It's still a sweet truck and you will love it!

Sorry I got a little fired up when you first posted the dealer's "you should be happy it's here". I hate it when people don't own up to their mistakes and make it right, especially when you are dealing with this kind of money. It's still a sweet truck and you will love it!
I agree. It was all I could do to contain my anger. I expected this going in tho. It was not an easy negotiation with a lot of back and forth with them and they told me they didn't appreciate my approach and eating into their holdback. Of course I told them to just say "no" and I'd go elsewhere but they came back and said OK. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have gone elsewhere.

Oh well - you're right, it's a sweet truck and hopefully will be reliable too. I just have to wait a bit longer and it'll be home. :)

My dealer offered to install the power running boards themselves on a truck I was looking at and they said they have done it on previous Tremors. Can they order them and install them at a later date?

It is a nice looking truck, even with the standard running boards!

I don't see any way the messed this up at the factory, seems like it was probably ordered wrong.

For both the 20 and 21s I was able to build online a Lariat with power running boards. Its a $995 addition. When I ordered my truck you could only order 20s, even though it would have been a 21. Now that we can build 21s, the same is true from the order I just made.

Well - after waiting since 8/19/20 my Tremor finally arrived my dealership on Wednesday. I was so excited to get it I couldn't wait for them to call so I contacted them on Thursday morning. They finally said it was ready to pickup on Thursday evening. When I get there it's missing the winch and the power deployable running boards.

The running boards - which are on my order, are not on the truck. They claim the factory messed up and the only resolution they can offer is to order me a '21 and honor my pricing deal (with any applicable increases due to Ford pricing changes). They are saying it would take 14 to 16 weeks to get the truck here due to the holidays (I'm in Norther Cali near Sacramento). I'm really really really disappointed by not having the power running boards. I would have liked to have that for passengers that are less than ideally mobile (I prefer the standard boards but functionality is key). They claim retrofitting the power boards would be near impossible (they say they can't get the parts - parts manager looked into it) and even if they could it would be like $3000 that they WILL NOT eat. Aftermarket is a less than ideal option and would be out of my pocket.

As for the winch, it apparently comes in a separate box - they showed it to me - but they failed to install it before calling me down to pick it up on Thursday night. So I didn't take the truck as they would install the winch today (Friday). It's not done and won't be done until Monday at the earliest. They just keep stringing me along.

They've also implied I should feel lucky that the truck is here as it is and that they ar honoring the pricing because if I don't take the truck they'll have no issue selling it at full price and with a possible mark up (that's how they do biz there).

I see no recourse. And of course I already sold my F150 so am without a truck until either I take this one, order a new one or just buy something else (a non-Tremor in stock elsewhere).

Thoughts?

View attachment 8701View attachment 8700
That’s a sweet truck was at the dealer today they had a winch in the Parts area they said the winches do come separately from the truck and then they install them at the dealership should be able to plug-in power boards it’s got to have the plug underneath there you could always switch them out but like you said for them to act like they’re giving you a deal and not take care of the issue is bullshit they should eat the cost and keep a happy customer

I don't see any way the messed this up at the factory, seems like it was probably ordered wrong.
I don't know the process after I get the order sheet which has the order number. The same number that was shown on the tracking. Like someone went in and removed the power running boards?

Back