New Tremor problem

AR_Banjo

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
US Army/ARNG, Retired
Current Ride
2022 Tremor
I picked up my 2022 Tremor on August 17th--a Rapid Red F-350 Lariat. It's my first new truck in 12 years, and it's replacing a 2009 F-150 with a ton of issues. Everything was great for a week and a half. Until Saturday. I came up on a fairly bad wreck that just happened, so I stopped in the road, put the truck in park and turned on the hazard lights, and jumped out to make sure everyone was OK. After I saw that everyone was fine, I got back into the truck to move it out of the road. The truck would not shift out of park--despite everything that I tried. I turned it off and let it set for a few minutes, and when it started back up I had two alerts pop up in the screen behind the steering wheel--Hill Start Assist Warning and Pre-Collision Assist Not Available.

I called Ford Roadside Assistance, and they sent a flatbed tow truck. The Tremor was drug (remember, it won't shift out of park) on to the truck and dropped off at the local dealership. I just called them to let them know why they have a brand new Tremor on their lot. Hopefully it won't be some sensor or module that will take 10 weeks to get in!

The irony------the odometer is showing 666 miles!

AR_B

Before it died!

20210819_142320.jpg

Probably not the same problem since your shifter is on the column.
I bought a new 2010 F-150 FX4 35 miles away that did that to me when I got it home. Tried to get the dealer to take it back and sell me a more expensive model, and they refused. This problem was intermittent, and my closest dealer could not figure it out. A tech even took it home and got stuck at his house, unable to get out of park. This truck had a multitude of problems, so many so that the local dealer refused to look at it anymore. I had to hire a lemon lawyer. The selling dealer finally fixed it by replacing the wiring harness to the center console shifter. Put up with that POS for 8 months

Last edited:
More than likely a bad control module, there have been multiple members with electrical issues, myself included. They replaced a few control modules on my truck before fixing it, was in the shop for 45 days. If you do some searching you can probably find the threads, I remember one member had a few loose connections causing issues too. Good luck, hope it’s a quick fix for ya.

Wonder if it’s the sensor which tells the truck your foot it on the brake? Had a Honda with a bad brake light switch which completes the circuit to release the shift solenoid. I’m sure this is a little more complicated.

Really surprised there isn’t an override to bypass any interlocks. For this very reason.

I hope you get a resolution to your problem bud! Mine has 525 miles and went in the shop after a check engine light and running rough condition occurred. It went in on 8-23.....bought it on the 8-5... They replaced the part that was supposedly at fault however the problem remained. Ford suggested to drop the transmission and inspect and replace another sensor. The truck still sits in the back lot and they said maybe they will get to it later in the week. If this doesn't fix the issue I am going to look into the Ford RAV program.

I've been watching the Ford Pass app all day. They've burned nearly a quarter-tank of gas, and it's showing one more mile (667) on the odometer now. However, I just called the dealership to check on it, and was told that all they've done was to move it in a bay, and that they'd try to look at it tomorrow!

AR_B

Maybe…
We were waiting for a break pressure switch to come in the middle of July. I called the service department and FoMoCo Monday. Ford didn't have much to say but got my mechanic thinking. He took the break pressure switch off his Tremor and put mine on his and drove it for a couple days. Ran fine with no blown fuses. The diesel mechanic, who is a wiz, discovered a worn wire under the seat that was blowing the fuse! After 27 days I'll have her back! So excited!

Last edited:
Who knows what issues these trucks will have. Sit in storage for months at the speedway, switching line time to produce 21’s and 22’s at the same time, parts shortages and etc. Are they using sub par materials to finish production since lots of normal parts are out of stock?

I picked up my 2022 Tremor on August 17th--a Rapid Red F-350 Lariat. It's my first new truck in 12 years, and it's replacing a 2009 F-150 with a ton of issues. Everything was great for a week and a half. Until Saturday. I came up on a fairly bad wreck that just happened, so I stopped in the road, put the truck in park and turned on the hazard lights, and jumped out to make sure everyone was OK. After I saw that everyone was fine, I got back into the truck to move it out of the road. The truck would not shift out of park--despite everything that I tried. I turned it off and let it set for a few minutes, and when it started back up I had two alerts pop up in the screen behind the steering wheel--Hill Start Assist Warning and Pre-Collision Assist Not Available.

I called Ford Roadside Assistance, and they sent a flatbed tow truck. The Tremor was drug (remember, it won't shift out of park) on to the truck and dropped off at the local dealership. I just called them to let them know why they have a brand new Tremor on their lot. Hopefully it won't be some sensor or module that will take 10 weeks to get in!

The irony------the odometer is showing 666 miles!

AR_B
I had the same problem. Put her in park and wouldn't go into drive. They had it for a month until a mechanic found a worn wire under the driver's seat.

Well the lady at the dealership that told me at 2pm that they would try to look at the truck tomorrow called me at 4:50--the truck was fixed. She said it was the brake pressure switch. I guess they had one in stock. So I picked it up and drove it home.

Well the lady at the dealership that told me at 2pm that they would try to look at the truck tomorrow called me at 4:50--the truck was fixed. She said it was the brake pressure switch. I guess they had one in stock. So I picked it up and drove it home.
My garage and Ford said that's what was wrong with mine. Waited a month because the brake pressure switch was backordered. The mechanic took the brake pressure switch out of mine and put it in his Tremor and it worked in his truck. That's when they figured out the bad wire.

Can someone post the part number and a pic of the brake pressure switch location (actual photo, really good description, or exploded diagram is fine). I love my truck and only have a bit over a hundred miles since I only drive 2 miles to the shop, but I don't wanna be at the mercy of roadside assistance for a cheap part, and more importantly, I don't want it to earn the name 'found on road dead'.

That’s an aggressive crash avoidance feature Ford has there!!

Sorry it happened to you. 😔

Back