New Tremor order.

STROKINTREMOR

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
122
Reaction Points
236
Location
California
Current Ride
2021 F-350 Tremor 6.7 Star white
Hi first post here, I ordered my 2021 6.7 on 11/3/20 and I’ve never ordered a vehicle brand new from dealership, I was wondering when truck arrives can you still negotiate price at that point or do you usually just pay MSRP since you built it and submitted it with that price..also do dealers try to jack up the price when they receive your build?
Thanks again for any feedback
 

Antimatterbluetremor

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
103
Reaction Points
175
Location
Montana
Current Ride
Jeep
I settled on a price when I ordered it, $500 over invoice plus $200 dealer fees plus tag and title, no tax in Montana. Should be arriving next week.
 

PapaRaptor

Tremor Maniac
Joined
Jan 22, 2020
Messages
3,611
Reaction Points
9,093
Location
USA
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
You should have a Purchase contract. The rebate may go up and they will honor that but price should be already settled.

Congrats and welcome.
 

ICT Tremor

Tremor Fiend
Joined
Oct 12, 2020
Messages
435
Reaction Points
986
Location
Doo-Dah
Current Ride
2021 F350 KR Ultimate Tremor
You really should have had your numbers nailed down before ordering it. Wouldn't be at all surprised if your dealer assumes they have an MSRP + fees buyer in hand.

Worst case at this point for you is X Plan, which is essentially invoice. Actually hard to get much over a few hundred less than that in the current market, so it's not THAT bad. If you think you might take this path you need to join the Mustang Club of America ($25, IIRC) ASAP, as X Plan requires 60 days membership in whatever organization qualifies you for X Plan prior to purchase.
 

KH_2021Tremor

Tremor Buff
Joined
Oct 27, 2020
Messages
84
Reaction Points
226
Location
Utah
I negotiated a price before placing an order, by having about 10 dealerships provide bids on my build. This was accomplished all through email. I would go back down and negotiate your “out the door” price, ASAP. If you can’t come to an agreement that you are happy with, you could cancel the order. If your deposit is at risk, it still may be cheaper (depending on the amount) in the long run. They don’t want to lose a sale, so I am confident they will work with you. If you wait until it arrives, you’ll lose your negotiation leverage. Without looking at the exact numbers, I was about $6,600 under MSRP or about $1,200 below invoice, which I was happy with a new build and current market.
 

Tx-Tremor6.7

Founding Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
1,307
Reaction Points
2,974
Location
Texas
Current Ride
2021 Tremor 6.7L Lariat Ultimate / Lariat Black
Current Ride #2
2018 Shelby GT350 Leadfoot w/ Black Stripes
I negotiated a price before placing an order, by having about 10 dealerships provide bids on my build. This was accomplished all through email. I would go back down and negotiate your “out the door” price, ASAP. If you can’t come to an agreement that you are happy with, you could cancel the order. If your deposit is at risk, it still may be cheaper (depending on the amount) in the long run. They don’t want to lose a sale, so I am confident they will work with you. If you wait until it arrives, you’ll lose your negotiation leverage. Without looking at the exact numbers, I was about $6,600 under MSRP or about $1,200 below invoice, which I was happy with a new build and current market.

I did the same thing with my order and I ended up at $6000 under MSRP or $1165 under invoice, so it sounds like our numbers are pretty close to the bottom. This was before my $2500 PCO and available Ford incentives. Other than TTL, my dealer has no added fees, does not require financing through their banks and I have no trade for them to make additional money.

To the OP, I would definitely go back and negotiate your final price before you get too far down the road.
 

KH_2021Tremor

Tremor Buff
Joined
Oct 27, 2020
Messages
84
Reaction Points
226
Location
Utah
I did the same thing with my order and I ended up at $6000 under MSRP or $1165 under invoice, so it sounds like our numbers are pretty close to the bottom. This was before my $2500 PCO and available Ford incentives. Other than TTL, my dealer has no added fees, does not require financing through their banks and I have no trade for them to make additional money.

To the OP, I would definitely go back and negotiate your final price before you get too far down the road.

Yes, before PCO and incentives. Only addition to my price is TTL, my own financing and no hidden fees. I also have no trade in.
 
Last edited:

Wanabxtrm

Tremor Buff
Joined
May 24, 2020
Messages
77
Reaction Points
86
Location
DC
Military
CG
Current Ride
F150 HD
I pre- negotiated X plan & and initial trade value, and have a PCO. I certainly would not expect just MSRP; I also went thru multiple dealers to get the best trade; since Xplan is fixed.
 
OP
STROKINTREMOR

STROKINTREMOR

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
122
Reaction Points
236
Location
California
Current Ride
2021 F-350 Tremor 6.7 Star white
I negotiated a price before placing an order, by having about 10 dealerships provide bids on my build. This was accomplished all through email. I would go back down and negotiate your “out the door” price, ASAP. If you can’t come to an agreement that you are happy with, you could cancel the order. If your deposit is at risk, it still may be cheaper (depending on the amount) in the long run. They don’t want to lose a sale, so I am confident they will work with you. If you wait until it arrives, you’ll lose your negotiation leverage. Without looking at the exact numbers, I was about $6,600 under MSRP or about $1,200 below invoice, which I was happy with a new build and current market.

okay thank you for all the info, interesting how my dealership did this..I went in and built the truck because they can’t keep them on the lot and after that he said “okay we will call you with the vin so you can track it” no deposit or negotiation or anything. They didn’t even look at the 2017 I want to trade in. I will definitely be calling to negotiate this week. Thanks again
 
OP
STROKINTREMOR

STROKINTREMOR

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
122
Reaction Points
236
Location
California
Current Ride
2021 F-350 Tremor 6.7 Star white
OP
STROKINTREMOR

STROKINTREMOR

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
122
Reaction Points
236
Location
California
Current Ride
2021 F-350 Tremor 6.7 Star white
You really should have had your numbers nailed down before ordering it. Wouldn't be at all surprised if your dealer assumes they have an MSRP + fees buyer in hand.

Worst case at this point for you is X Plan, which is essentially invoice. Actually hard to get much over a few hundred less than that in the current market, so it's not THAT bad. If you think you might take this path you need to join the Mustang Club of America ($25, IIRC) ASAP, as X Plan requires 60 days membership in whatever organization qualifies you for X Plan prior to purchase.
Okay thank you for all the info. Appreciate it ??
 

Mach'er

Race Red Slappy
Joined
Jul 10, 2020
Messages
372
Reaction Points
1,001
Location
SE Michigan
Military
Army Veteran
Current Ride
20MY Tremor (250 Lariat)
I agree on the purchase price being something that should have been upfront. @ICT Tremor's X-Plan suggestion sounds like a good idea at this point. But your trade in? I did that when my new truck was delivered to the dealership.

I was prepared to trade it in, or not, depending on their offer. If you're in that position, where you could keep it and sell it yourself (assuming you can't put it up for sale during the wait), it seemed to be an effective technique. Study your local market for that '17, and determine the value of the time and hassle it might take you to sell it yourself, a risk safety factor for possibly missing something regarding market value - and come up with your own number. If they don't meet it, don't trade it in.

I know everyone's situation is different, but it worked well for me.
 
OP
STROKINTREMOR

STROKINTREMOR

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
122
Reaction Points
236
Location
California
Current Ride
2021 F-350 Tremor 6.7 Star white
I agree on the purchase price being something that should have been upfront. @ICT Tremor's X-Plan suggestion sounds like a good idea at this point. But your trade in? I did that when my new truck was delivered to the dealership.

I was prepared to trade it in, or not, depending on their offer. If you're in that position, where you could keep it and sell it yourself (assuming you can't put it up for sale during the wait), it seemed to be an effective technique. Study your local market for that '17, and determine the value of the time and hassle it might take you to sell it yourself, a risk safety factor for possibly missing something regarding market value - and come up with your own number. If they don't meet it, don't trade it in.

I know everyone's situation is different, but it worked well for me.

yeah I was going back and forth on if I should go private party or just wait and see what kind of offer they can give me..did you end up trading it in or private Party? Thanks again for the advice ?
 

Mach'er

Race Red Slappy
Joined
Jul 10, 2020
Messages
372
Reaction Points
1,001
Location
SE Michigan
Military
Army Veteran
Current Ride
20MY Tremor (250 Lariat)
yeah I was going back and forth on if I should go private party or just wait and see what kind of offer they can give me..did you end up trading it in or private Party? Thanks again for the advice ?
I must have left them enough room, because they met my number after minimal back and forth. So, I traded it in.

Circumstances didn't allow me to list it prior to getting the new truck, but I was ready to do so afterwards - if necessary. Like I said, I studied the local market to get a sense of its value. Then, I thought to myself, if someone offers me this much - I'd take it. Then subtracted a bit for the hassle and risk of trying to do it myself. In the end, I was happy. So, right or wrong, it was right enough.
 

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge
Top