New travel trailer/towing question

Tylerh2634

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ford F250 Temor
I am looking to get my first camper a grand design reflection 315RLTS and wanted to get everyone's take if my F250 7.3l tremor can handle it without going over. I've towed heavy things before just not this heavy.

I have a gvwr of 10k. I included the Camper specs and payload sticker.

Thanks in advance

20200907_202648.jpg

Screenshot_20200907-212727_Samsung Internet.jpg

I am looking to get my first camper a grand design reflection 315RLTS and wanted to get everyone's take if my F250 7.3l tremor can handle it without going over. I've towed heavy things before just not this heavy.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 4863
View attachment 4866
Yes. You’ll be fine. Figure 1200-1300 of Tongue weight, leaves you 1600# of payload. 100-150# for distribution hitch, you’ll be at 1450# payload left over. Plenty of truck to do that job. Just get ready for about 9-10mpg. I’ve been pulling my tractor with my 7.3L with 4:30 rear ended, I get 9.5mpg. Lol. I still love it though. Drill baby drill!!!

More pics of your red truck? Haha. Congrats!

Thanks guys
Yes. You’ll be fine. Figure 1200-1300 of Tongue weight, leaves you 1600# of payload. 100-150# for distribution hitch, you’ll be at 1450# payload left over. Plenty of truck to do that job. Just get ready for about 9-10mpg. I’ve been pulling my tractor with my 7.3L with 4:30 rear ended, I get 9.5mpg. Lol. I still love it though. Drill baby drill!!!
Thanks! That was the figures I had as well just like to be certain. Yes sir no doubt I only get 12mpg without towing lol.

Love that Rapid Red!!!!

This is the oy one I have on my phone at the moment. Thanks, you to, It is defintely a beast.
Only thing you should look into is truck and trailer length laws ... My state md anything over 55ft I need a CDL to drive some states is 65ft and some states say if it all personal you don't need a CDL ... Something to look into

Thanks in advance

View attachment 4863
View attachment 4866
I have shopped that exact TT.....It is well within all capacities of our Trucks. If you consider maxing out the GVWR of the trailer and calculate 15% of your GVWR for hitch weight=1700 lbs . That leaves you 1300 LBS for passengers and gear...….Your good to GO!

I have shopped that exact TT.....It is well within all capacities of our Trucks. If you consider maxing out the GVWR of the trailer and calculate 15% of your GVWR for hitch weight=1700 lbs . That leaves you 1300 LBS for passengers and gear...….Your good to GO!
Thanks thought so just wanted opinions. Better be safe than sorry. Yeah I am going to go buy it they are very nice TT.

opt for the King sized bed if you can! Grand Designs are nice

Back