New Toy - F350 XLT

Hurley081182

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 Ford F350 XLT Tremor
Recently moved to a small farm. Since moving I been looking at F250 or Ram 2500 for about a month. Cant find a fair priced Ford around so I almost pulled the trigger on a nice loaded Ram 2500 with an amazing price. Then I noticed the payloads are lower than I thought they would be on the F250's and 2500's. I know Tremor payloads are low also but 3400lbs is plenty for me. I then went up to F350's and found a Tremor a good 2 hours away from me. Had literally everything I was looking for and nothing extra. Almost like I factory ordered the truck. Just put a deposit on it and will be picking up tomorrow afternoon. I am excited and nervous at same time. Trading in my 2019 F150 XLT Sport with every feature you can think of. Nice truck just need something bigger.

This will be my truck for the next 10 years ? The white one is my old F150
20210512_193148.jpg
20210512_193206.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! We were just discussing what a great value the Tremor in XLT trim is:

Congrats! We were just discussing what a great value the Tremor in XLT trim is:
Yeah, I have pretty much most of the Lariat features that are available in XLT Trim. I just dont like leather seats.

I just picked up my truck tonight. Love it until I drove the 2 hour highway drive. Felt like I was all over the road. After some research this is a common issue with Goodyear Duratrac. I will reduce my tire pressure and wait to break in the tires.

Also found out when I got home they never had my floor mats in the truck.... I cannot complain. They stayed past closing just for me to get my truck. Will call tomorrow about the mats.

Did see a nice truck when I was at the store. Shelby Super Duty. Not for sale just a show truck from the vendor.

Edit- Dealer will be ordering me floor mats. Jim Snead in Waynesboro did a great job with me yesterday. Would recommend them to anyone.

Attachments

• 20210512_193129.jpg
    20210512_193129.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I just picked up my truck tonight. Love it until I drove the 2 hour highway drive. Felt like I was all over the road. After some research this is a common issue with Goodyear Duratrac. I will reduce my tire pressure and wait to break in the tires.

Also found out when I got home they never had my floor mats in the truck.... I cannot complain. They stayed past closing just for me to get my truck. Will call tomorrow about the mats.

Did see a nice truck when I was at the store. Shelby Super Duty. Not for sale just a show truck from the vendor.

The biggest reason isnt the tires, its the lack of rear sway bar. Ive ran these tires on almost every superduty ive owned and never had a truck feel floaty. When I put on the Hellwig rear anti sway bar it handles like a dream now and I have the stock tires on my truck still. And lowering the tire pressure will give you a better ride but wont help the floating feeling. I run 45 front and 40 psi rear when not loaded and like how it drives. But Im sure others will have a different opinion about what setup they like to run.

I love the look of the XLT grille on the Tremor. I'm waiting on a '22 carbonized gray XLT Tremor 6.7.
Congrats on the truck!

The biggest reason isnt the tires, its the lack of rear sway bar. Ive ran these tires on almost every superduty ive owned and never had a truck feel floaty. When I put on the Hellwig rear anti sway bar it handles like a dream now and I have the stock tires on my truck still. And lowering the tire pressure will give you a better ride but wont help the floating feeling. I run 45 front and 40 psi rear when not loaded and like how it drives. But Im sure others will have a different opinion about what setup they like to run.
Cool spending more money already lol. Which sway bar did part number did you end of getting? I tried to read your forum post but it was quickly highjacked and stopped reading. Also my tires are 62/63 front 81/80 rear. I be dropping down a lot of air for my trip to pick up the kids from daycare this afternoon.

Also thanks everyone for your comments on my truck!

Good luck. I've owned 5 f-250s, diesel, and this one I recieved in July is worst of all of them The applecar play is terrible, the door jams were't painted correctly, some oily liquid leak in the engine bay, and then some liquid leaked in the cab and made my truck smell like vaumit. It has been in the shop 7 weeks since mid july. They have no solution for the apple carplay, and their solution for the stink is replace the carpet. They still don't know what caused it. POS

Cool spending more money already lol. Which sway bar did part number did you end of getting? I tried to read your forum post but it was quickly highjacked and stopped reading. Also my tires are 62/63 front 81/80 rear. I be dropping down a lot of air for my trip to pick up the kids from daycare this afternoon.

I dont remember the part number to be honest. Im horrible at keeping track of that stuff. You will set a TPMS light unless you have Forscan to change the threshold or get rid of the TPMS altogether, but its worth it for the better ride.

Good luck. I've owned 5 f-250s, diesel, and this one I recieved in July is worst of all of them The applecar play is terrible, the door jams were't painted correctly, some oily liquid leak in the engine bay, and then some liquid leaked in the cab and made my truck smell like vaumit. It has been in the shop 7 weeks since mid july. They have no solution for the apple carplay, and their solution for the stink is replace the carpet. They still don't know what caused it. POS
so safe to say you'll change your name from Tremorhappy to "unhappy"? haha.
jk, sorry to hear your misfortune. Ive never heard of most of those issues. Paint issues are common with the fords, has been for a while. But the rest of the stuff isnt so common. Sync 3 can be finicky so I can see intermittent issues with the apple carplay.

I recommend you reduce your tire pressure and get a few miles on the tires before you buy anything. I have had mine for 3 weeks and I too couldn't believe how bad the handling was off the showroom floor. I reduced the tire pressure to 55 all around and got a 500 miles later is is handling fine.

I recommend you reduce your tire pressure and get a few miles on the tires before you buy anything. I have had mine for 3 weeks and I too couldn't believe how bad the handling was off the showroom floor. I reduced the tire pressure to 55 all around and got a 500 miles later is is handling fine.
Thanks. Felt a little better still has a little play in the wheel.

Congrats on the new Tremor and welcome to the forum! ? I still notice the same thing with my steering. I now have about 4000 miles on the stock tires. My next mod is the Fox steering stabilizer so I'm hoping that will improve it some as well.

Latest Discussions

Back