new to tremor

Kennyd

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2004 F250 4x4 6.0
hi everyone. I am long time ford 4x4 owner. 70s 90s current 2004 6.0 230,000 mi 65 yrs old retired truck driver hunter and fisher all my life in north cal. looking to build my last truck. 2022 tremor . 6.7/ rapid red/winch/bed step/ have a build of $ 73,000. all suggestions are welcome. thanks kennyd

These two are 50/50 on the forum but I really like my power deployable running boards and moonroof. The boards are nice for my older relatives. I don’t open the roof often but I leave the cover open all the time. Makes the cab feel bright and open. I also wish I had ordered the bed cover from the factory rather than ordering and installing a backflip MX4 myself.

Things I would not have ordered: Platinum package. I thought the massage seats would worth the upgrade. Not really. They are nice for really long drives (keeps your butt from going to sleep) but it wasn’t worth the giant platinum appliqué on the tailgate (which I hate). I would have done lariat ultimate instead.

Last edited:
thanks. carpet delete and liner included in build. on fence between XLT and lariat and black app too. can't see $4295 for what you get. I understand no black app with XLT and rapid red

At $73k, go for the Lariat. The price overlap between XLT Premium and Lariat is odd. My Lariat Ultimate was ~$66k sticker.

Welcome aboard ..
I use to buy trucks from Paul Goodhue in Oroville and John C Bays in Marysville. Picking out a new Truck use to be so easy. If you chose P/Windows and Cruise Control it was considered Loaded. Today, not so much. Trucks all seem pretty comparable until you mistakenly look at a Loaded Lariat, King Ranch or Platinum. The standard XLT/Lariat Halogen Headlights are pitiful. If there's a way to fit LED Headlights in your budget, I strongly suggest them. To bad Vented/Cooled Front Seats don't come standard for everyone that lives where you do. I believe they're part of the Lariat Value/Ultimate Pkgs. The soft opening Tailgate is really nice, especially with the Tailgate Step, so are LED Bed Lights. 360* Cameras are a game changer. Upfitter Switches come in handy for extras lights etc. If you travel I-5, Adaptive Cruise Control will be your new best friend. I'll suggest Heated Steering Wheel and Rain Sensoring Wipers because .. who doesn't like warm hands in January.

hi everyone. I am long time ford 4x4 owner. 70s 90s current 2004 6.0 230,000 mi 65 yrs old retired truck driver hunter and fisher all my life in north cal. looking to build my last truck. 2022 tremor . 6.7/ rapid red/winch/bed step/ have a build of $ 73,000. all suggestions are welcome. thanks kennyd
Make sure that ALL the options that you might want in the future are included in your order. Most stuff can't be added after the fact.

I got my truck in May and now I wish I had ordered it with the Ultimate Trailer Tow package. I want the cameras but adding them now is just not practical.

So think about, 360 cameras, 5th wheel prep package, heated steering wheel and rain senseing wipers, massage seats, dual batteries, winch, heated rear seats.....

First of all welcome, and congratulations on ordering a new truck, and on retirement.

My suggestion is to read through all of the threads. Almost every option has been discussed at some point.

LED lights and carpet delete were important to me, as well as the blackout.

I kept my MSRP around 67k, so I didn’t order every option, some I wish I did. I think I opted for no front facing camera, which was probably a mistake.

Back