New to the Forum

abqbw

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
I am new to this forum as of last week. The information is incredibly helpful! I have learned so much about the different tremor option, pros and cons, PCOs, price deals to expect and where to get them. I will be ordering a tremor this week hopefully and am a much more formidable buyer because of what I have learned here. Thank you everyone for your help! I hope to pay it forward.

Welcome to the forum @abqbw - Good luck with the order! How are you looking to spec it out? F250/F350?

Welcome to the forum @abqbw - Good luck with the order! How are you looking to spec it out? F250/F350?
Thank you. F350, 7.3L Lariat w ultimate and tremor packages, adaptive cruise, and some functional nik naks like garage opener, mud flaps, wheel liners, dual battery. Would rather buy an XLT but adaptive cruise requires lariat ultimate....

I went XLT, but I do have to say that the Lariat is a nice upgrade. I just had to keep that price down so the XLT worked out great for me

I went XLT, but I do have to say that the Lariat is a nice upgrade. I just had to keep that price down so the XLT worked out great for me
The bones are the same on the xlt and lariat. If I wasn’t a sucker for adaptive cruise I would defiantly go with the xlt for the money.

The bones are the same on the xlt and lariat. If I wasn’t a sucker for adaptive cruise I would defiantly go with the xlt for the money.
Definitely, not defiantly. (Well maybe that too).

Welcome! :)

The differences between XLT and LARIAT ARE HUGE!! check out an order guide before pulling the trigger to make sure you’re not missing anything huge if you choose to go XLT. For me, the leather, heated steering wheel, and intelligent access with push button start were MUST HAVES. That gave me a minimum of lariat ultimate.

Welcome, good luck with your order.

The differences between XLT and LARIAT ARE HUGE!! check out an order guide before pulling the trigger to make sure you’re not missing anything huge if you choose to go XLT. For me, the leather, heated steering wheel, and intelligent access with push button start were MUST HAVES. That gave me a minimum of lariat ultimate.
I’m definitely going with lariat ultimate 7.3 F350. Adaptive Cruise Control is what pushed me over from an XLT to the same as you, Lariat Ultimate. It’s like a $7,000 cruise control! But I love adaptive cruise on my wife’s and children’s vehicles. I’m surprised how few lariat ultimate tremors in dealer inventory have adaptive cruise. I’ve searched coast to coast and out of maybe 20 or more lariat ultimate tremors I’ve found 2 with adaptive cruise. One in Oregon and one in Vermont. The Vermont one sold and the Oregon dealer wants MSRP minus $750 so I’ll order.

Much of the other lariat stuff I could live without. Living in the desert where it’s hot and hunting in really cold weather I prefer cloth over leather. But it seems like what ford calls cloth is really some sort of woven plastic or vinyl. My current Toyota Tundra has real cloth...

I’m definitely going with lariat ultimate 7.3 F350. Adaptive Cruise Control is what pushed me over from an XLT to the same as you, Lariat Ultimate. It’s like a $7,000 cruise control! But I love adaptive cruise on my wife’s and children’s vehicles. I’m surprised how few lariat ultimate tremors in dealer inventory have adaptive cruise. I’ve searched coast to coast and out of maybe 20 or more lariat ultimate tremors I’ve found 2 with adaptive cruise. One in Oregon and one in Vermont. The Vermont one sold and the Oregon dealer wants MSRP minus $750 so I’ll order.

Much of the other lariat stuff I could live without. Living in the desert where it’s hot and hunting in really cold weather I prefer cloth over leather. But it seems like what ford calls cloth is really some sort of woven plastic or vinyl. My current Toyota Tundra has real cloth...

Odd, I rather hate adaptive cruise control...I find it annoying as it traps you behind people barely doing the speed limit or less. The cloth seats I have in my XLT Tremor seem like real cloth. Perhaps there's recycled plastic mixed in though? I guess you're right it is a different cloth from a tundra, we have one at worked and the cloth is different. I think the cloth in the Ford is more stain resistant and water resistant though.

Odd, I rather hate adaptive cruise control...I find it annoying as it traps you behind people barely doing the speed limit or less. The cloth seats I have in my XLT Tremor seem like real cloth. Perhaps there's recycled plastic mixed in though? I guess you're right it is a different cloth from a tundra, we have one at worked and the cloth is different. I think the cloth in the Ford is more stain resistant and water resistant though.
Yep. The ford “cloth” seems bombproof.

You do end up driving 50 mph down the highway without noticing it...

My wifes fusion has the adaptive cruise. I like it when im driving on base or places going slow and have to worry about cops. But on the highway it screws me over because i get stuck going slow. lol.

Can you turn the adaptive cruise off?

My wifes fusion has the adaptive cruise. I like it when im driving on base or places going slow and have to worry about cops. But on the highway it screws me over because i get stuck going slow. lol.

Yes, you can switch it from adaptive cruise to normal cruise in one of the many tabs.

Yes, you can switch it from adaptive cruise to normal cruise in one of the many tabs.
If it is anything like some of the newer vehicles then does it automatically revert back to adaptive every time the vehicle is shut off and restarted. I have a 2018 Volvo S90 and yeah...for "safety," all of that stuff is unable to be turned off entirely at, least for the model year I own. I would hope for the F250 it can be dealt with once and for all. For me though I don't have it so one less thing to worry about.

If it is anything like some of the newer vehicles then does it automatically revert back to adaptive every time the vehicle is shut off and restarted. I have a 2018 Volvo S90 and yeah...for "safety," all of that stuff is unable to be turned off entirely at, least for the model year I own. I would hope for the F250 it can be dealt with once and for all. For me though I don't have it so one less thing to worry about.
Keep in mind I’m speaking about the tech in a 16 F150 that I currently own (still waiting on my build) you can set it to “normal” or “adaptive” and it will remain that way until you change it.

I read somewhere that you can but it turns off the automatic braking safety feature.

Figured I would chime in.

Adaptive cruise can be turned off and to regular cruise.

The vehicle will remember the setting and stay on what you have set as your preference. It does not default to on like Auto Start/Stop

Turning off adaptive cruise WILL NOT shut off your AEB. (Automatic Emergency Braking)

However you can turn on or off AEB and adjust the sensitivity.

Last edited:
The problem is that many cars starting at $20k today had both the proximity locks and push button start. They are cheap and easy that should be available on a $60-70k truck that the xlt retails for. Same goes for the led. All 3 should be standard equipment on anything above $30k.

Back