Somewhere between the Rockies and the Sierras
Military
USAF Retired
Current Ride
21 F250 7.3l Platinum Tremor, Lithium Gray
Current Ride #2
04 Ram 3500, 1150 rwhp, almost stock
Hello,

I don't have one... yet. In the process of getting all my info and intel and research in before I order.

What I will be ordering is already in stone. A 2021 F250 7.3l King Ranch Tremor with most of the available options ($85k msrp) Otherwise have been in the performance diesel biz for 20 years and am a bit of a twin turbo guru for 5.9 Cummins.

I currently have a highly modified (1150 rwhp- 11.2 et in the 1/4) 04 3500 Dodge.

Nice to meet you.

Nice, what made you switch to Ford and what made you not go with the 6.7 diesel? You'll be keeping the Dodge or will this be its replacement?

Cool and welcome!!!!!

I used to own many Cummins trucks love those engines. I could roll coal big time.
Buddy of mine has a Dodge Viper. He took it to the track and got beat by a cummins truck. He was pissed funny but true story. 1/4 mile drag race.

Nice, what made you switch to Ford and what made you not go with the 6.7 diesel? You'll be keeping the Dodge or will this be its replacement?
I do not tow as often as I used to. Therefore, with the 7.3 and 10speed trans, I really don't need a diesel. I choose the Tremor for it's off road capability (great up here in Wyo) with no real loss in towing ability. The reduced weight of the gasser and that avantage off road cannot be denied. If I were to go diesel, I would stick with the Cummins. But frankly I don't want to deal with the emissions crap on modern diesels or the increased maintenance costs when something goes wrong. I do not mean that statement to start a Ford vs Ram diesel argument. You do you, I don't care. I am not espousing one over another, especially on a Ford site! Just stating a preference. I have spent waaay too much time in performance diesel shops watching what mechanics have to do on a PowerStroke to repair it to know I want no part of that. I can do 90% of my own repairs (hard broke repairs) and maintenance on my 5.9 in my garage.
So, that is why I went with the 7.3 gasser since you asked. :)

I do not tow as often as I used to. Therefore, with the 7.3 and 10speed trans, I really don't need a diesel. I choose the Tremor for it's off road capability (great up here in Wyo) with no real loss in towing ability. The reduced weight of the gasser and that avantage off road cannot be denied. If I were to go diesel, I would stick with the Cummins. But frankly I don't want to deal with the emissions crap on modern diesels or the increased maintenance costs when something goes wrong. I do not mean that statement to start a Ford vs Ram diesel argument. You do you, I don't care. I am not espousing one over another, especially on a Ford site! Just stating a preference. I have spent waaay too much time in performance diesel shops watching what mechanics have to do on a PowerStroke to repair it to know I want no part of that. I can do 90% of my own repairs (hard broke repairs) and maintenance on my 5.9 in my garage.
So, that is why I went with the 7.3 gasser since you asked. :)
I hear you on the emissions crap. Guys up here either strip that stuff off or risk going into limp mode while heading out west to hunt.

Back