New Map Update!

Fortunately, I have a strong wifi connection out on the driveway with an even faster internet connection to boot, so my truck is theoretically able to do all OTA automatic updates. Again, theoretical. Auto update is turned on, but it never tells me if it's updating or not.

It thinks it is up-to-date as of yesterday with Sync version 3.4 build 21194 and map NA 2 20. Can anyone confirm that those are the latest versions? Or is there something better to be downloaded on the Sync website? Unfortunately, the site doesn't really mention version numbers on there.

Fortunately, I have a strong wifi connection out on the driveway with an even faster internet connection to boot, so my truck is theoretically able to do all OTA automatic updates. Again, theoretical. Auto update is turned on, but it never tells me if it's updating or not.

It thinks it is up-to-date as of yesterday with Sync version 3.4 build 21194 and map NA 2 20. Can anyone confirm that those are the latest versions? Or is there something better to be downloaded on the Sync website? Unfortunately, the site doesn't really mention version numbers on there.
Those are the same versions mine listed after both updates.

Ed

Quick note - downloaded the update and license file, created the USB per the instructions and installed it no problem on a long drive. *Edit* - updated the map files from the website, not the Sync OS - will try that tonight.

Last edited:
I’ve got a question for you guys that have done the map update. Current my truck says it is up-to-date and shows Sync 3.4 Build 21194 and map NA 2 20. I haven’t done any manual update and when I put my vehicle Vin number into the map website it says I qualify for the free download. Do I have the latest map version or is the latest 2021 version say 21? I’m just wondering if I should download the maps from the website onto a USB drive or if my truck has magically done the download over the air without me realizing it?

I’ve got a question for you guys that have done the map update. Current my truck says it is up-to-date and shows Sync 3.4 Build 21194 and map NA 2 20. I haven’t done any manual update and when I put my vehicle Vin number into the map website it says I qualify for the free download. Do I have the latest map version or is the latest 2021 version say 21? I’m just wondering if I should download the maps from the website onto a USB drive or if my truck has magically done the download over the air without me realizing it?
@strogg @Rock Taxi @LVRaider @Accuracy International @asander85 @MT N8IV Do you guys happen to know the answer to the above question?

My truck recently completed the latest update in sync over my wifi and I still get the same error when trying to upload my USB with the new mapping software.

I haven’t had the time to call and deal with customer service, I just threw the USB in my console and gave up on this map update.

sorry I’m no help. FA07DBAE-4633-40F7-818F-A2281D4A0C48.jpeg

Reading the webpage, it says one update annually. So, maybe that’s the problem? I haven’t tried myself yet but my truck is less than a year old, which I know a lot of your trucks are also. 🤷‍♂️

How many new roads could have been built since I got my truck
5 months ago?

Depends on where you are, but it could be a lot. I've been finding myself on a lot of new roads lately. Some don't look quite right on my map. Some don't exist at all (look at me! I'm flying!). And a lot of speed limits on my maps are very outdated. I would feel a lot better if I got a current map instead of a year old map.

"Depends on where you are, but it could be a lot"

Here in Commiefornia they only go through the motions of road building. They don't actually build any, they just move K rails around and put up "CONSTRUCTION ZONE - FINES DOUBLED" signs.

Getting ready for a Thanksgiving road trip to Lewisville, TX to meet my new grandson. Updated my Sync 3 software this morning without issue. Currently updating maps to latest version. Maps takes longer with its large data file. I'm using my own USB to perform the updates and have had no issues at this stage.
Can't wait to hold this little guy!
1637514520469.jpeg

Congrats on the new grandson!! We have our first one (11 months old) and if we’d of known it was this awesome, we’d of just started with ‘em!!
Thanks buddy! I'm just busting out with anticipation. My first grandchild too. I'm 60 and my son and his wife are in their late 30s and we didn't really know if this was in their plans. The maps and software updates are just busy work to pass the time over the next three days until we hit the road. Praying for God's protection during a very busy driving season.

Back