New Map Update!

Thanks for the update! :cool:

I should know this but can I upload directly to my Tremor from wifi or do I need to use the USB port with a usb device?
I'm not 100% sure this is accurate, but I believe the WIFI updates are only for SYNC 3 firmware. Navigation map updates (as far as I know) must be downloaded from Ford's support website and installed via USB thumb drive. The funny thing about SYNC 3 updates is using the WIFI update tool on the unit it only updates to build 21908, but downloading a SYNC 3 update from Ford's support site gave me build 21194.

I'm not 100% sure this is accurate, but I believe the WIFI updates are only for SYNC 3 firmware. Navigation map updates (as far as I know) must be downloaded from Ford's support website and installed via USB thumb drive. The funny thing about SYNC 3 updates is using the WIFI update tool on the unit it only updates to build 21908, but downloading a SYNC 3 update from Ford's support site gave me build 21194.
I am going to move my beast up ( closer to the house) and see if I can get it on my wifi and see what happens. will update on the progress. I may be due for an update anyway.

OK quick update. I have everything downloaded and formatted onto the USB drive. Software AND License key. When I try to update the nav maps I get error code LST_ERR05. Website says that code means the License key is missing. I have checked, double checked, and triple checked that I have the license key in the correct folder. I called Ford CRC at (800) 392-3673 and she told me I had the wrong license key - even though I got it directly from the site using my VIN. She opened a case and said I should be getting a call back in 3 days or less.

Let us know how long it takes you to download?
Download took around 6 minutes. My home internet download speed is roughly 950 GBPS. Copying the files to the thumb drive took a little under an hour. I'm sure if I used a newer USB 3.0 drive it would have been faster, but I don't seem to have one on hand.

When I try to update the nav maps I get error code LST_ERR05. Website says that code means the License key is missing. I have checked, double checked, and triple checked that I have the license key in the correct folder. I called Ford CRC at (800) 392-3673 and she told me I had the wrong license key - even though I got it directly from the site using my VIN. She opened a case and said I should be getting a call back in 3 days or less.
I'm getting the same thing so pretty sure they screwed something up in the download.

PXL_20210901_154501339.jpg

No point in putting in my own ticket please let us know what they say. Thanks!

My home internet download speed is roughly 950 GBPS.
I think you mean 950 Mbps or ~ 1Gbps. (y)

950 Gbps would be pretty sweet though! 🍺

My truck runs perfectly- not messing with no damn updates.

My life motto: If'n it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Besides, I can't get lost cause my parole agent always knows where I am.

I'm getting the same thing so pretty sure they screwed something up in the download.

View attachment 32492

No point in putting in my own ticket please let us know what they say. Thanks!

I think you mean 950 Mbps or ~ 1Gbps. (y)

950 Gbps would be pretty sweet though! 🍺
Haha, yes I meant 950 MBPS. Paying for gigabit service. That’d be insane! I’ll let everyone know what they say when they call me back.

For those getting the license error (LST_ERR05), Sync Nav Updates is notorious for failing to put up the correct license file or putting up a corrupted one. If you have verified that you placed the license file in the correct location on the USB stick then it isn't a problem with your download.

You would think for all the hoopla they had on their main page about new maps on 9/1/2021 they'd have made damn sure the license file was correct. They obviously have wonderful QC... my opinion now is that the lot of them are just clown shoes.

I just completed uploading onto my USB, I noticed the License file name is different in their provided instructions Vs. what I actually downloaded... I suspect the above post is correct and we have a dirty license file.

edit: I'll report back this evening when I get back to my truck to attempt the update.

Last edited:
I just completed uploading onto my USB, I noticed the License file name is different in their provided instructions Vs. what I actually downloaded... I suspect the above post is correct and we have a dirty license file.

edit: I'll report back this evening when I get back to my truck to attempt the update.
The license file usually increments with the the letters in a fashion like CA the next CB, CC, CD and so on. I downloaded the license file and notice mine is CD. I am not at home so I cannot look at the last update I did (NA 19) but if memory serves it was CD which means they simply left the old license file up.

I keep every official Sync update file, instruction set, Nav update and license as I have had way too many problems with them in the past and needed to revert to the previous version. This was prior to CyanLabs, which I use almost exclusively now, to update my vehicles which is, even in beta, a much better process than Ford has.

The license file usually increments with the the letters in a fashion like CA the next CB, CC, CD and so on. I downloaded the license file and notice mine is CD. I am not at home so I cannot look at the last update I did (NA 19) but if memory serves it was CD which means they simply left the old license file up.

I keep every official Sync update file, instruction set, Nav update and license as I have had way too many problems with them in the past and needed to revert to the previous version. This was prior to CyanLabs, which I use almost exclusively now, to update my vehicles which is, even in beta, a much better process than Ford has.
Just checked my license file for the NA 19 maps and it is actually a CC and not CD version. I did not get an official NA 20 update from Sync but rather CyanLabs. So I am not sure what version this official one is. It could be NA 20 Q2 or NA 21 Q1. I am going to attempt to update with the official download and see if it gives me the same error.

Back