New Guy here.

BR549

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
No
Current Ride
2003 F150
I haven't ordered mine...yet. I am on the fence for the power running boards. How well do these work in the winter if there is snow packed up and around them? I have never had them on a truck just asking? I live in Northwest Ohio. I hope if I order in June they will have some killer incentives. If they are back to building them by then. Until then I will be here looking at these awesome looking trucks.
Thanks and be safe....

Welcome. :D

I haven't ordered mine...yet. I am on the fence for the power running boards. How well do these work in the winter if there is snow packed up and around them? I have never had them on a truck just asking? I live in Northwest Ohio. I hope if I order in June they will have some killer incentives. If they are back to building them by then. Until then I will be here looking at these awesome looking trucks.
Thanks and be safe....

I personally have never had them but I was also on the fence about getting them. I read tons of reviews and concluded that they have problems in the snow and ice. I opted not to get them, plus I like the look of the Raptor style running boards all tucked up to the cab.

Got them on mine, back in the day, my wife had them on her suburban, they gave us problems once and a while. Really only freezing rain, slushy conditions. I just really like the look, but being vertically challenged and old, I figured I needed something to assist me into the cab. Plus when I’m forging Rivers or rock crawling up a mountain in my suburban neighborhood they’re out of the way!

Welcome!

I wanted to add them to my order. My salesman told me with all the salt on the roads here in Wisconsin they are always in the shop. If you are in an area without the need for corrosive road salt and calcium choride to melt the ice on the pavements they would be awesome. So I don't have them.

Thanks and be safe....

Welcome to the forum! I have 'em on my RAM diesel and they work great. I love the look of the Raptor style running boards, but power running boards are awesome.

Welcome to the forum! I have 'em on my RAM diesel and they work great. I love the look of the Raptor style running boards, but power running boards are awesome.

Thanks, Oh I love the way they look tucked up under.....but being in Northwest Ohio with the snow, slush and all the corrosive road salt and calcium chloride to melt the ice they throw down. Plus now they are spraying the roads before snow with a salt water and beet juice brine. It really eats vehicles. I think I will probably order mine without the powered running boards.. Just don't want to have them freeze up under the truck when it's -10 degrees here.

She's now technically spring here...and it was -26 C with the windchill this morning here (-15 F).
So that's why I didn't get them either...as much as i would have liked to.
I just didn't want the hassle in the winter, as it's a work truck.......I can't afford any down time.

Thanks and be safe....
I don’t think that great. If you go off road, they can be a pain. A guy I know smashed his on rock a couple of times by opening the door to look out.

Doh!!!
Hadn't thought of that.......that would make u say a few choice words Eh!! :LOL:

I thought you could disable the power running boards when needed, to avoid the snow, rocks issues?

I thought you could disable the power running boards when needed, to avoid the snow, rocks issues?
I think you could leave them up if there is not a setting, there is probably a FORscan fix for that.

There are settings, you leave them in auto, up, or down,
Yep. And I like the clean look.
E0B3F452-8D9D-4AB9-9AE4-4BD83966AAB5.jpeg

I wish you could order them without the chrome...they look out of place with the two-tone paint with the dark lower color.
I agree, looking to black vinyl wrap it. If I hate it, pull it off.....

Looks great!!

Back