New guy from North Texas

strogg

Watch out for this guy
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2001 Ford Excursion, 2010 Ford Focus
About 3 weeks ago, I was contemplating getting a new truck since my Excursion at 350k miles is getting less reliable, eating oil like crazy. I want to continue using it for covered cargo hauling, so I'd rather not run it into the ground just yet. I went on the Ford website to check out the 2020 SDs. I played around with the configurator to give me something within my price point and with the features I want without the features I don't need. I ended up with a mid-level Lariat trim level with the Tremor package. OK. Let's see out of curiosity if anyone has anything similar in stock. Well... It looks like my local Ford dealer of choice is about to get the exact configuration I was looking for, down to the exterior/interior colors! So I gave them a call and asked them to buzz me back when the truck arrives. It did the following Thursday. I went to check it out, fell in love, and signed the paperwork. The rest is history.

20201030_151525_1.jpg

20201031_084335_1.jpg

Great looking truck, and welcome!

Ed

Nice looking truck, welcome.

Welcome to the Forum. Great looking Fords you’ve got.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and information here.

Nice looking rig and that's great that you found what you wanted local and so quick. I searched all over the US to find a truck close to what I wanted and nothing close. Finally just ordered exactly what I wanted and have been waiting since 12 Aug. Started looking in June/July time-frame. At least it is on its way now.

Welcome to the forum! I think I have seen you pulling in and out of the neighborhood.

Sweet Truck! Congratulations....Best truck on the planet!

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

Welcome to the forum! I think I have seen you pulling in and out of the neighborhood.

Hrm... Do you happen to live in or around my neighborhood? If so, it's definitely a small world.

Nice looking truck! Did you get a good deal from your local store in DFW?

So far, I have not been able to find a reasonable build in Houston with all of the items I want, so I may be forced to order a 2021.

Always awesome to get a new truck - especially when you keep your trucks for that long. May your new truck have the longevity of the old, and I hope you love it enough to keep it that long.

Sweet truck!

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

Hrm... Do you happen to live in or around my neighborhood? If so, it's definitely a small world.

Are you in CoL? That's where I keep seeing the new agate Tremor. I have been using Stanley as well, still looking for my truck. I bet its the same salesman.

Nice looking truck! Did you get a good deal from your local store in DFW?

So far, I have not been able to find a reasonable build in Houston with all of the items I want, so I may be forced to order a 2021.

I feel like I did. Thanks to the power of the internet, I no longer have to spend hours bored out of my skull trying to save money on a stealership purchase.

Hopefully you can find the one you're looking for in short order. If not, at least you'll be getting exactly what you're looking for when you order it.

Are you in CoL? That's where I keep seeing the new agate Tremor. I have been using Stanley as well, still looking for my truck. I bet its the same salesman.

It might be me. I've been using it to commute to/from Carrollton for early voting the first couple weeks after taking possession. With all the early voting nonsense, the new truck was the only thing keeping me sane throughout the ordeal.

About 3 weeks ago, I was contemplating getting a new truck since my Excursion at 350k miles is getting less reliable, eating oil like crazy. I want to continue using it for covered cargo hauling, so I'd rather not run it into the ground just yet. I went on the Ford website to check out the 2020 SDs. I played around with the configurator to give me something within my price point and with the features I want without the features I don't need. I ended up with a mid-level Lariat trim level with the Tremor package. OK. Let's see out of curiosity if anyone has anything similar in stock. Well... It looks like my local Ford dealer of choice is about to get the exact configuration I was looking for, down to the exterior/interior colors! So I gave them a call and asked them to buzz me back when the truck arrives. It did the following Thursday. I went to check it out, fell in love, and signed the paperwork. The rest is history.
Great choice picking up a Tremor. Congrats on your sweet new BEAST. And Welcome My Man.

Welcome! ?

Congrats brother! Had mine a week now & it’s a badass rig.

Welcome to the forum from Austin! Congrats on the new Tremor! ? 350k on the Excursion is awesome! It will be interesting to see if these new motors from Ford can hold up as well.

View attachment 8202
View attachment 8201
Nice stable of rides, congrats on the new Tremor!!!!!

Welcome aboard, glad to have you

Latest Discussions

Back