New F350 Build, Options?

glbtrekker

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2013 Chevy Express 3500
Getting ready to order my first SD. I’m working through the options now, and would love some input. Right now, I’m thinking F350 7.3 4x4 LWB XLT Premium, but I have a few options I’m struggling to make a decision on. What does the group think about:

-Dual batteries? (I don’t have any plans to add a winch, lights, etc. but I tow a TT and the redundancy might be worth it?)

- Camper package? (Don’t really need the extra weight capacity, but thought the sway bar in the back might help with trailer sway. Does it help level the front? Does it make the ride a lot worse?)

-Pro backup assist? (Don’t really want the backup assist, but I do want the cameras, is it worth it?)

-4.30’s vs 3.73’s? (I’ve read a lot about the option, seems it only helps to get rolling? Any advantage at say 65 mph?)

Thanks everyone, not trying to start a debate with any of these, just looking for input. FWIW, I’ll be towing a 33’ TT with a GVWR of 9,600 #’s. Towed it before (rental) with a 2020 F250 CCSB 6.7, more power than I needed, but it wasn’t as stable/planted I was would like (hoping the LB/F350/Camper package will help with that). Thoughts?

Welcome to the Forums!

Can't speak much about the gas engine but having 2 batteries is never a downside.

A rear sway bar will always help when towing a 33' billboard. Wife and I have a 38' bumper pull TT we pull with an '18 350 6.7 LWB XLT with camper package, just pulled the trailer back today from a short weekend trip. FWIW I can pull our 38' TT with no sway bars comfortably.

The 360 cameras are well worth the $$, our '18 has them and it was a line item I wasn't budging on when finding the truck. Can you order just the 360 cameras without backup assist on a '22? A couple of weeks a go I ordered a '22 F350 Plat Tremor and the back up assist came standard so it didn't matter.

Only had mine for about 4 days but the UTT is totally worth the 360 cameras. I wish you could get them separate but until then I'll pay for both.

-Dual batteries? (I don’t have any plans to add a winch, lights, etc. but I tow a TT and the redundancy might be worth it?)
Pretty cheap option up front and extra power never hurt anyone. Does mean battery replacement time is twice as expensive as you're supposed to replace both batteries at the same time, even if only one is showing signs of going bad.

-Pro backup assist? (Don’t really want the backup assist, but I do want the cameras, is it worth it?)
To echo others, cameras are 100% worth it. Also don't plan on touching backup assist ever, but the cameras are a super handy addition to the mirrors.

-4.30’s vs 3.73’s? (I’ve read a lot about the option, seems it only helps to get rolling? Any advantage at say 65 mph?)
Do you plan on going to larger tires than factory? I have no direct experience with the different gear ratios, but channeling what I've read here on the forum: 4.30's are definitely needed for the 35" Duratracs on the Tremor, but maybe less so for the smaller and lighter tires that normally come stock on the Super Duty.

To add one other option you should definitely get: carpet delete. No downside I've yet to find or hear about in the newest model years, but a whole lot of upside over carpet.

Welcome to the Forums!

Can't speak much about the gas engine but having 2 batteries is never a downside.

A rear sway bar will always help when towing a 33' billboard. Wife and I have a 38' bumper pull TT we pull with an '18 350 6.7 LWB XLT with camper package, just pulled the trailer back today from a short weekend trip. FWIW I can pull our 38' TT with no sway bars comfortably.

The 360 cameras are well worth the $$, our '18 has them and it was a line item I wasn't budging on when finding the truck. Can you order just the 360 cameras without backup assist on a '22? A couple of weeks a go I ordered a '22 F350 Plat Tremor and the back up assist came standard so it didn't matter.
Unfortunately, you can't get the cameras without the backup assist.
Pretty cheap option up front and extra power never hurt anyone. Does mean battery replacement time is twice as expensive as you're supposed to replace both batteries at the same time, even if only one is showing signs of going bad.

To echo others, cameras are 100% worth it. Also don't plan on touching backup assist ever, but the cameras are a super handy addition to the mirrors.

Do you plan on going to larger tires than factory? I have no direct experience with the different gear ratios, but channeling what I've read here on the forum: 4.30's are definitely needed for the 35" Duratracs on the Tremor, but maybe less so for the smaller and lighter tires that normally come stock on the Super Duty.

To add one other option you should definitely get: carpet delete. No downside I've yet to find or hear about in the newest model years, but a whole lot of upside over carpet.
I don't plan on upsizing tires, this will be my tow rig.
You forgot the Tremor package….
Can't get it with the XLT or a long bed for that matter, nice looking trucks though...

Welcome to the forum! I can’t answer most of your questions because I have a Tremor. I do have the 360 cameras and feel like they are worth the cost. These are big trucks so anything that helps you see around them is a plus.

yeah the dual batts and alternator are a cheap upgrade and you can add the winch if you ever feel inclined to do so. Not sure what the XLT comes with but if you are in cold climate get the rain sensitive wipers and heated wheel.

Back