New Dream Rig; ATC 2917 Game Changer Pro Toy Hauler

6.7_Antimatter_LUST

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F250 Tremor
Brought home a new family adventure vessel. 2021 ATC 2917 Game Changer Pro Toy Hauler. Hauled 500+ miles home in about 8 hours. Towed great. Only hitch on ball, no weight distribution. 35 ft 5 inches from ball to rear door total trailer length. Averaged 10.5 mpg with the 2021 F250 Lariat Diesel.
Ford ATC.jpeg

Attachments

• Mud ATC.jpeg
    Mud ATC.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 226
Brought home a new family adventure vessel. 2021 ATC 2917 Game Changer Pro Toy Hauler. Hauled 500+ miles home in about 8 hours. Towed great. Only hitch on ball, no weight distribution. 35 ft 5 inches from ball to rear door total trailer length. Averaged 10.5 mpg with the 2021 F250 Lariat Diesel.View attachment 47336
Really nice rig!

Here are a few pics of the inside. For this floor plan we sacrificed a smaller bedroom (only use it at night) for a larger garage/living space. Plus we like the kitchen layout on this floor plan too. Sorry, no pics yet of the rear patio open yet.
a1.jpeg

Attachments

• a2.jpeg
    a2.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 320
  • a3.jpeg
    a3.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 367
  • a4.jpeg
    a4.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 369
Nice trailer. I had a 28' ATC enclosed for a few years. Nice trailer, but that damn thing pushed and pulled my truck all over the road from the first day I towed it. I hope yours treats you better. I bought an Intech gooseneck to replace it. People aren't kidding when they say once you tow a gooseneck, you'll never go back to a tag.

IMG_20180907_150717.jpg

Nice trailer. I had a 28' ATC enclosed for a few years. Nice trailer, but that damn thing pushed and pulled my truck all over the road from the first day I towed it. I hope yours treats you better. I bought an Intech gooseneck to replace it. People aren't kidding when they say once you tow a gooseneck, you'll never go back to a tag.

View attachment 47460
That thing is a beaut! Glad to hear it is suiting your needs better. Gotta love a goose
neck :)

Brought home a new family adventure vessel. 2021 ATC 2917 Game Changer Pro Toy Hauler. Hauled 500+ miles home in about 8 hours. Towed great. Only hitch on ball, no weight distribution. 35 ft 5 inches from ball to rear door total trailer length. Averaged 10.5 mpg with the 2021 F250 Lariat Diesel.View attachment 47336
Great trailers, love mine and truck pulls it like it’s not even there!

Great trailer! Here is our 2419 - went this route as I wanted to fit a Pro XP 4 seater and would not fit in 2816, which is a great layout. I realize now a year later that I should have stepped up to the 2917 or the 36' 5th wheel at the time (ordered in December 2020 - arrive June 2021). Wanted to get a new RZR Pro R 4 seat - but it won't fit (too wide in the front) - it will fit in a 2917 or a 36' 5th wheel. So decided to get a 2 seater Pro R that will fit and keep the 4 seater I have! First world problems.

My ATC tows great - but found that with Weigh Safe Weight Distribution Hitch it tows so much better, than just on the ball. Much better control in windy towing situations and not sway from passing semi's etc. If you decide to go that route you will need to make some larger brackets to attach to the WD hangers to the trailer frame - as the ones from Weigh Safe are for a typical 6" steel frame - our aluminum frames are 8" and ATC said do not drill through the frame. So I had some made 2" longer and it worked out great!

Tremor with ATC 1 (2).jpg

Interior Kitchen.jpgInterior view to back.jpgInterior view Kitche door.jpgExterior 1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of the inside. For this floor plan we sacrificed a smaller bedroom (only use it at night) for a larger garage/living space. Plus we like the kitchen layout on this floor plan too. Sorry, no pics yet of the rear patio open yet.
View attachment 47444

The trailer looks awesome. I'm really liking the ATC trailers , but torn between a 5th wheel ATC or bumper pull ATC. However, your setup with the extra room in front plus all the open space looks perfect. How are you liking it?

The trailer looks awesome. I'm really liking the ATC trailers , but torn between a 5th wheel ATC or bumper pull ATC. However, your setup with the extra room in front plus all the open space looks perfect. How are you liking it?
My set up in the 2419 is a front bathroom and then kitchen and storage to the rear. The 2917 (5' longer than mine) is also a bumper pull and has a small bedroom up front, then bathroom, then similar storage area to mine. I had a half ton truck when I ordered my trailer, and why I got the 2419.

For the Tremor the 3619 5th wheel is the ideal solution! That is what I wanted and should have gotten, as I ended up getting a HD truck after I got the trailer anyway. I plan to sell what I have and get a 5th wheel soon. Benefits are better front bedroom than 2917 and more room and head room in the trailer portion. The ATC trailers are expensive but super nice.

Complete Trailers in Escondido has three 36's on the lot. ATC offering $10k rebate and Complete has marked them down to cost to move them out. If in the market now would be a good time get one!

GLWD!

My set up in the 2419 is a front bathroom and then kitchen and storage to the rear. The 2917 (5' longer than mine) is also a bumper pull and has a small bedroom up front, then bathroom, then similar storage area to mine. I had a half ton truck when I ordered my trailer, and why I got the 2419.

For the Tremor the 3619 5th wheel is the ideal solution! That is what I wanted and should have gotten, as I ended up getting a HD truck after I got the trailer anyway. I plan to sell what I have and get a 5th wheel soon. Benefits are better front bedroom than 2917 and more room and head room in the trailer portion. The ATC trailers are expensive but super nice.

Complete Trailers in Escondido has three 36's on the lot. ATC offering $10k rebate and Complete has marked them down to cost to move them out. If in the market now would be a good time get one!

GLWD!
Can the 350 tremor tow the 3619? I feel like the tongue weight might be close. I agree that would be an epic setup

Can the 350 tremor tow the 3619? I feel like the tongue weight might be close. I agree that would be an epic setup
I looked at a really nice 2021 used 4023 and hooked it up and towed it about 30 miles - it has a three hundred pounds more tongue weight than the 3619. It was close to 3,500 lbs estimated by seller (which is more than my sticker). I put 75 lbs in bag and I have Carli full spring pack - so giving up some capacity (15% per Carli). I had about 1" of squat - I could get 1/2" out by going to 90 lbs - but did not want to run that close to 100 lb limit. We then put his 4 seat RZR in it and we dropped maybe 1,000 lbs. off the tongue weight. I was level with 75 lbs. in the bags - so as long as you have toys placed well in the back it seemed like the high tongue weight empty was not going to be problem. It towed fine, but I felt if loaded up with gear, water, fuel, stuff in the truck in the wind it might be more than I would want to tow without a dually.

I also towed a 36 (longbed F-350 6.7 - non tremor) after the 40 and felt like it was the sweet spot when loaded with my 4 seat Pro XP RZR - could mange the tongue weight and the overall size and weight seemed like it would be fine. Still a sail in the wind - but with the lower weight I would be comfortable towing it loaded with my Tremor.

I think you could be legal in 40' at the scales, but the sticker on the trailer for capacity is above Tremor tow specs for 6.7l F-350 in total GVWR. The 36' would be legal even if fully loaded for GVWR and within the Tremors overall capacity. Based on that I felt the 36' would be the perfect trailer, although I can tell you the extra 4' in the 40' would be super nice to have - all in the back of the axels so more toy room and more room to adjust the load. I was afraid if I bought the 40 I would be looking for an F-450 dually before I knew it and I really like my F-350 Tremor and have done a ton of mods - so I decided to pass on the 40'.

I looked at a really nice 2021 used 4023 and hooked it up and towed it about 30 miles - it has a three hundred pounds more tongue weight than the 3619. It was close to 3,500 lbs estimated by seller (which is more than my sticker). I put 75 lbs in bag and I have Carli full spring pack - so giving up some capacity (15% per Carli). I had about 1" of squat - I could get 1/2" out by going to 90 lbs - but did not want to run that close to 100 lb limit. We then put his 4 seat RZR in it and we dropped maybe 1,000 lbs. off the tongue weight. I was level with 75 lbs. in the bags - so as long as you have toys placed well in the back it seemed like the high tongue weight empty was not going to be problem. It towed fine, but I felt if loaded up with gear, water, fuel, stuff in the truck in the wind it might be more than I would want to tow without a dually.

I also towed a 36 (longbed F-350 6.7 - non tremor) after the 40 and felt like it was the sweet spot when loaded with my 4 seat Pro XP RZR - could mange the tongue weight and the overall size and weight seemed like it would be fine. Still a sail in the wind - but with the lower weight I would be comfortable towing it loaded with my Tremor.

I think you could be legal in 40' at the scales, but the sticker on the trailer for capacity is above Tremor tow specs for 6.7l F-350 in total GVWR. The 36' would be legal even if fully loaded for GVWR and within the Tremors overall capacity. Based on that I felt the 36' would be the perfect trailer, although I can tell you the extra 4' in the 40' would be super nice to have - all in the back of the axels so more toy room and more room to adjust the load. I was afraid if I bought the 40 I would be looking for an F-450 dually before I knew it and I really like my F-350 Tremor and have done a ton of mods - so I decided to pass on the 40'.
I too really like my F-350 Tremor and don't want a dually. That is very good info. I do like all the extra room in the 3619. I have a dirt bike, but plan on getting a 2 door side by side (Or maybe even a 4 door). The 36 would give me more options to pack in toys or have extra space in general.

Did you actually happen to get a pin weight on the 4023? I have a few trailers I'm hoping to consolidate into a single, do-it-all ATC. It would need to serve for regular camping trips, sometimes with a 4-Seat RZR + bikes, and handful of times per year with a track car.

The 2917 would have been ideal, but is a few inches shy of fitting the track car due to the cabinet locations. If it were 1ft longer, it would be the perfect trailer for our needs, but I digress. The 36' 5th wheel is also too small of a garage for the car and is a non-starter.

The 4023 is, of course, perfect. It would fit the track car, even behind the movable partition wall. My other half fell in love with it at the dealer.

My 350 Tremor is a gasser, so I have some extra payload (3,900 lbs) compared the the diesel trucks. Per CAT scale, with me + her + kid + full fuel I have exactly 3,500 lbs left to give.

Add for a 5th wheel hitch itself, and I'd be exactly spot on with what the "brochure" pin weight is supposed to be, unloaded, with genset (3,300lbs or 3,000 without gen). I'm figuring that loading either the rzr or the track car in the rear should help with the pin weights, but I'm afraid I'm right on the ragged edge of being overloaded.

Local dealer had one but wouldn't let me hitch it up to take to the scales, just continued to reaffirm the "your truck is a beast and can pull this bad boy no problem" nonsense.

If it's just too much trailer, I'm back to looking at a 2823, which pretty much torpedos my whole sales pitch to the family who doesn't want to give up the camp trailer for a "traditional" toy hauler with no dedicated front bedroom, so I'll probably just end up with a cheaper Stealth Nomad or similar instead.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back