New *big* truck owner from WV, 6.7 Tremor

Speedhacks

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 F250 Tremor
Hello all! Checking in from WV. My wife and I traded our '18 Raptor in for a lightly used 2020 6.7 F250 Tremor.

We had been having some uncomfortable issues with it over the past 6 months that a local dealer seemed to mostly shrug off. Early on in that trucks life we discovered there was a lot of fuel dilution in the oil. UOA is great. Something I recommend to everyone early on in an engines life. That seems to be normal behavior for that engine. In the last 6-months of ownership, it would occasionally blow blue smoke out the exhaust for about 60-90 seconds after a long idle period. The long term ownership didn't have a good outlook.

Anyhoo - always wanted to own a diesel truck and I figure now is probably about the last opportunity to do that.

We absolutely LOVE the new truck. As my wife put it, "I feel like a bad ass!" Right now mostly highway, it's incredible that were getting 19-20 avg mpg. More than the raptor under ideal conditions. We plan to leverage RVshare and do some exploring in the near future. I'm also looking to pick up an enclosed race trailer at some point.

Truck has 6k miles on it today. The ride is a bit tougher than the raptor was obviously. It's not bad though. It's actually more planted we think on flat road because it's heavier. The engine and transmission are miles better than the raptor.

My only complaint at the moment is the truck will not go straight. At all. Is this just normal behavior for the F250/350 platform? Under 45mph, zero complaints. Anything over that and the steering wheel has slop, darting back and forth between the lane requires constant corrections to the steering wheel. It's like trying to fly a helicopter. Not even kidding. Steering is numb too. You have to move the wheel a fair amount to correct. FWIW I have the adaptive steering option.

58f/62r for pressure seemed to *help* but not eliminate. Willing to spend some money to correct if I need to, but something just seems off.

I might try a bit more pressure in the front tires to see if that makes any more difference. They were pretty low when I started trying to change this behavior... Like 50-55 cold. Rear was like 80psi. It helped a lot but still seems like there's room for improvement. I'll keep in mind, my first experience with a lifted / big tire truck.

Hello all! Checking in from WV. My wife and I traded our '18 Raptor in for a lightly used 2020 6.7 F250 Tremor.

We had been having some uncomfortable issues with it over the past 6 months that a local dealer seemed to mostly shrug off. Early on in that trucks life we discovered there was a lot of fuel dilution in the oil. UOA is great. Something I recommend to everyone early on in an engines life. That seems to be normal behavior for that engine. In the last 6-months of ownership, it would occasionally blow blue smoke out the exhaust for about 60-90 seconds after a long idle period. The long term ownership didn't have a good outlook.

Anyhoo - always wanted to own a diesel truck and I figure now is probably about the last opportunity to do that.

We absolutely LOVE the new truck. As my wife put it, "I feel like a bad ass!" Right now mostly highway, it's incredible that were getting 19-20 avg mpg. More than the raptor under ideal conditions. We plan to leverage RVshare and do some exploring in the near future. I'm also looking to pick up an enclosed race trailer at some point.

Truck has 6k miles on it today. The ride is a bit tougher than the raptor was obviously. It's not bad though. It's actually more planted we think on flat road because it's heavier. The engine and transmission are miles better than the raptor.

My only complaint at the moment is the truck will not go straight. At all. Is this just normal behavior for the F250/350 platform? Under 45mph, zero complaints. Anything over that and the steering wheel has slop, darting back and forth between the lane requires constant corrections to the steering wheel. It's like trying to fly a helicopter. Not even kidding. Steering is numb too. You have to move the wheel a fair amount to correct. FWIW I have the adaptive steering option.

58f/62r for pressure seemed to *help* but not eliminate. Willing to spend some money to correct if I need to, but something just seems off.

I might try a bit more pressure in the front tires to see if that makes any more difference. They were pretty low when I started trying to change this behavior... Like 50-55 cold. Rear was like 80psi. It helped a lot but still seems like there's room for improvement. I'll keep in mind, my first experience with a lifted / big tire truck.

Many threads on here about this.

Give the tires 1000 miles and those issues should be gone.

Congrats and enjoy!!!!

Your truck will be fine after a 1000 or 1500 miles, It also takes a bit to get used to the Adaptive Steering if you have that option.

They do drive bigger than the F150s, I still own my 2012 Raptor. But I always look forward to a drive in the Tremor.

I am on this mission now to fix my wandering. Also came from a 19 raptor and much happier overall.
So far ordered a pmf drag bar. Need to order a kelderman dual stabilizer before install. Also looking at the pmf track bar as well. Then im considering doing caster shims and a level kit. Possibly radius arms. Small start with the drag link first.

Welcome, fellow Raptor convert ? You will find a ton of us converts here!

Welcome, fellow Raptor convert ? You will find a ton of us converts here!
Same ... My tremor is 650 miles old but I don't have the wandering or tire issues as bad as others. There's a bit, but doesn't seem to be enough to cause me concern. I have the 7.3, so bit different from the diesel, maybe a bit more agile because 600lbs less...

Back