2022 F250 Lariat Tremor
First Responder
Po-Po
Cool.

Attachments

• BF075DD8-8122-471B-AA83-3B15966DDFF7.jpeg
    BF075DD8-8122-471B-AA83-3B15966DDFF7.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 111
They also make a real nice weight distribution hitch with the same features that is all steel construction, and they offer a goose neck ball with a weigh scale built in.

1624227262222.png
1624227312198.png

They also make a real nice weight distribution hitch with the same features that is all steel construction
Only reason I would hesitate about their weight distribution hitch is the fact it requires an app to use. At lest all the reviews of it seem to indicate it does.

App discontinued in the future? App no longer supports your model of weight distribution hitch? App crashing on launch because of a bug?

Any of the above and your weight distribution hitch is just a very large paper weight.

Only reason I would hesitate about their weight distribution hitch is the fact it requires an app to use. At lest all the reviews of it seem to indicate it does.

App discontinued in the future? App no longer supports your model of weight distribution hitch? App crashing on launch because of a bug?

Any of the above and your weight distribution hitch is just a very large paper weight.
Maybe someone with some time can reverse engineer their formula in the app. Probably wouldn't be that bad to figure out playing around with different values and seeing how the app behaves. (y)

Maybe someone with some time can reverse engineer their formula in the app. Probably wouldn't be that bad to figure out playing around with different values and seeing how the app behaves. (y)
The hitch is fully functional without the app. All the app does is provide a formula that you plug your numbers into to adjust the hitch for your trailer. Once you set it up, just write down the set up dimensions and save in the glove box. It's really just a convenience thing that makes setup quick and fool proof. You don't have to use it to set up, just makes is quick, especially when setting up multiple trailers for the same hitch.

The hitch is fully functional without the app. All the app does is provide a formula that you plug your numbers into to adjust the hitch for your trailer. Once you set it up, just write down the set up dimensions and save in the glove box. It's really just a convenience thing that makes setup quick and fool proof. You don't have to use it to set up, just makes is quick, especially when setting up multiple trailers for the same hitch.
Yep, but I think he was meaning when/if your setup changes, it would be nice to have the formula on a sticker or something whenever the app does cease to exist.

Yep, but I think he was meaning when/if your setup changes, it would be nice to have the formula on a sticker or something whenever the app does cease to exist.
Ya, It's like any other app convenience, once you're accustomed to it life's difficult without. The hitch still adjusts mechanically like any other WD hitch, and has no connectivity to your device or the app. The cool thing is as soon as you set the tongue on the ball and load your equipment you know your tongue weight. From there you can make the needed adjustments (with or without the app, quicker with) to bring the rig to level and maintain the needed 10% tongue weight. It's really no more than that.

Last edited:
Correct.

You can also do the calculations on their website
That’s a good resource for this thread! But doesn’t solve the app concerns (website could be down, your hitch could be unsupported in the future, no cell service, etc).

Ya, It's like any other app convenience, once you're accustomed to it life's difficult without. The hitch still adjusts mechanically like any other WD hitch, and has no connectivity to your device or the app. The cool thing is as soon as you set the tongue on the ball and load your equipment you know your tongue weight. From there you can make the needed adjustments (with or without the app, quicker with) to bring the rig to level and maintain the needed 10% tongue weight. It's really no more than that.
Very cool! Thanks for the clarification. Good to know it can be adjusted without the app like any other hitch and the app is just an accelerator.

You will still need the formula to adjust the hitch for a different setup/trailer/vehicle. Better that someone figures it out now than later.
The formula is simple like any other WD hitch. Trailer and truck level with 10-15% tongue weight. The key advantage is you see the tongue weight on the built in scale. That's the game changer over other designs.

The formula is simple like any other WD hitch. Trailer and truck level with 10-15% tongue weight. The key advantage is you see the tongue weight on the built in scale. That's the game changer over other designs.
This is what I'm meaning. They do not tell you the correlation of what these values are and how it creates the end result. Browsing the page source I couldn't find the formula, but it does POST the values via Ajax, so I'm sure someone here can figure that out. @soop

ifxhQZv.png

If all else fails use the app. Once you save it on your phone it will work until you discard the app or phone without saving it, even if the company goes belly up. It's a WD hitch. It does the same thing as every other WD hitch, plus has a gauge to tell you the tongue weight. You can make of it what you want but it's weight transferred via spring bar levers.

Love mine and was surprised to see my 1200 pound tongue weight with my fresh tank only half full on the TT. Pulled that trailer around for 2 seasons with my 150...
That's why we upgrade from an EcoBoost! Always trying to do more than what is was designed to do.

My only problem is their wdh is only 2.5” shank. I don’t want to have to use adapters.
I feel you on not wanting to use adapters. I use the 3”-2.5” adapter for my wd hitch. I have never noticed any play in it. It will rattle a little bit if I hit a big ass bump or something. Something to think about though, is not everyone has a 3” receiver or even a 2.5” receiver but your odds are better with the 2.5” if you ever needed another truck to tow your trailer with your equipment.

Latest Discussions

Back