Negotiate the price when ordering?

trailwolf

How are you guys able to negotiate a good price when ordering the 2020 model? I've noticed the 2019 F250s are seeing about $5000-$8000 off of MRSP.

Are you able to get any discount on a new Tremor? Thanks!

Duke

Current Ride
2013 ford raptor
I just traded my 13 raptor in to dealership they give me $35,000 and I ordered a 2020 f250 Tremor with the 7.3. The owner of the dealership told me it was a good time to buy the Tremor because ford is going to change the price from $3600. to $7500. for the Tremor package by the end of the year.

BigBill

I just traded my 13 raptor in to dealership they give me $35,000 and I ordered a 2020 f250 Tremor with the 7.3. The owner of the dealership told me it was a good time to buy the Tremor because ford is going to change the price from $3600. to $7500. for the Tremor package by the end of the year.
Ohhh...... not a good comment to see. I paid $5000 Canadian for the Tremor package but a boost like that means it will be $10,000. This means order takes for the Tremor are huge and the exposure at the pre-production shows was very favorable and FORD marketing are rubbing their hands together. I will watch this out of interest. I have seen/been duped by the scare tactics of: "its the last one we can't get more","price for sure going up buy it now", "I could sell this 2morrow for sure to someone else" etc.

I would hope Ford does not do this as keeping the package affordable is important. JEEP JT/JL up here has seen greatly reduced sales due to fact they are way overpriced. The new Gladiator sits languishing on the lots here at their price point. Poor timing with the looming recession and the ubiquitous reduction in sales numbers to follow in 2020.

Duke

Current Ride
2013 ford raptor
How are you guys able to negotiate a good price when ordering the 2020 model? I've noticed the 2019 F250s are seeing about $5000-$8000 off of MRSP.

Are you able to get any discount on a new Tremor? Thanks!
owner of the dealership said incentives will come out for the 2020 f250-f350 that will apply for Tremor. it's not a special order like the Raptor it is just a package like the fx4. the incentive could save me another $2,000 to $5,000 the dealership owner said

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2014 RAM 2500 Diesel
Good question @trailwolf - I believe these trucks will be in demand once released and I don't see dealerships offering deals right out of the gate. I'm sure we'll see some crazy good deals on the 2019s

BigBill

The cost of a vehicle is dynamic and fluid. Clearly no high cost dealership in business can remain in business by selling their items at or near cost. $100 over invoice on a $65,000 truck represents a profit of 0.134% profit margin. No one can do business doing that margin . Unfortunately the vehicle market is a smoke and mirrors process where if you harp and beat the drum on over invoice they may let this slide IF you buy insurance, use their financing, undervalue your trade, or purchase accessories. ALL dealers will hover around a 3-4% margin on the total bill of sale, excluding limited availibity (read Ford GT, Challenger Hellcat, etc.)
Biggest issue is the trade value. I am a realist and when I deal I say OK special interest vehicle, just coming out, fine........ but do NOT try and screw me on the trade or worse some douche dealers have said to me sell your vehicle yourself you will get a better price WTF??? That is their job! I immediately drive away from them and have traveled many miles for an honest deal.