Need some help with Forscan

Big John Son

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
1991 Prius
I connected forscan today to try and access the non asbuilt TPMS adjustment but could not find the file. I seen like 4 or 5 (asbuilt) files with other files under them after it read but I dont think I am seeing all of the files. Could this be because I am running the trial ver?

I connected forscan today to try and access the non asbuilt TPMS adjustment but could not find the file. I seen like 4 or 5 (asbuilt) files with other files under them after it read but I dont think I am seeing all of the files. Could this be because I am running the trial ver?

i read that whole tittorial...well I think I did.

Warpath posted this in the Forscan thread, but my problem is I don't see BdyCM in the list when I click on the Computer Chip Icon.

Warpath said-
Click on the BdyCM non-as built files directly under the BdyCM as-Built files. In there you will see many files. Look for the TPMS click on it and change the value.

i read that whole tittorial...well I think I did.

Warpath posted this in the Forscan thread, but my problem is I don't see BdyCM in the list when I click on the Computer Chip Icon.

Warpath said-
Click on the BdyCM non-as built files directly under the BdyCM as-Built files. In there you will see many files. Look for the TPMS click on it and change the value.
I'm not an expert the only other thing I can offer is make sure you have a device that can read both HS-CAN, MS-CAN. You need both to see all the modules. Some do it automatically, some you have to switch manually. Others with more expertise may have more to offer.

I'm not an expert the only other thing I can offer is make sure you have a device that can read both HS-CAN, MS-CAN. You need both to see all the modules. Some do it automatically, some you have to switch manually. Others with more expertise may have more to offer.

Interesting thought. It prompted me to connect with HS-CAN so I did. but I do have a toggle switch that I can put on MS-CAN. Should I flip the switch while the program is open?

These are the only files she reads regardless if I flip the switch from HS to MS.

20201020_195623.jpg

Interesting thought. It prompted me to connect with HS-CAN so I did. but I do have a toggle switch that I can put on MS-CAN. Should I flip the switch while the program is open?
Mine does it automatically so I don't have first hand knowledge. There are YouTube videos showing the manual switch, in the video, the initial connection is HS, then the download pauses and the program prompts for a switch to MS to complete.

Mine does it automatically so I don't have first hand knowledge. There are YouTube videos showing the manual switch, in the video, the initial connection is HS, then the download pauses and the program prompts for a switch to MS to complete.

Hmmm didn't see any prompt come up. I am now wondering if i need to update the drivers for my ODB device. Its the only thing I can think of.

There is a section on compatible adapters here:
I go the wired one on Amazon .. Needed the extension as I was not able to plug the tool directly into the port as there was a clearance issue ..

ARTECKIN Full 16pin OBD II OBD2 Male to Female Extension Cable Flat Ribbon Cable with Angled connectors 30cm/1ft 16pin

ELM327 OBD2 Scanner USB Scan Tool FORScan OBD2 Adapter ELMconfig for Ford for Mazda Cars and Light Trucks, with MS-CAN/HS-CAN Toggle Switch, Diagnosis on Windows Only

Well I tried that and didn't do shit. It never prompted me to do it but I tried it any way. So my guess is the drivers need to be updated for the OBD adapter.
You probably did this, but you have to hit one of the icons (sort of like hitting Play) and it reads and loads the modules. It took me a while to find/realize it ... it was a little awkward but I got it to work.

Here is the adapter I have that works. Let me go out to the truck and connect to see how I did it on mine. Back in a bit. Will try and get screen shots along the way.

Ed

Sorry, license expired. Getting Forscan renewed.

Give me some time.

Ed

What model vehicle are you trying to connect Forscan to?

Back