Need advice - choosing bug deflector & window visors

Sendit6.5

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2007 Ford F-350 King Ranch FX4
I’m looking for a good bug shield/deflector that has the “SUPER DUTY” wording in it, for my 2022 F350. Is the Ford version the best product or is there something else better?

I’m also looking for some window visors and I’m wondering what the community brain trust recommends? I like the idea of the no-adhesive ones from Weathertech but there seem to be a LOT of complaints about the clips they use stretching out the weather stripping around the window. I’ve had the tape on window visors adhere to the clear coat (granted, it was after about 6 years of use) and it messed up the paint job. Still, I’m open to this attachment method if it’s better - I’ll just remove and replace them every 2-3 years to be safe. What do y’all recommend??

Wilhnt4

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor 7.3. Ordered 10/26/21, Arrived 1/7/22
I have the Ford factory deflector. I had Granger install after I thought about driving the truck home 2,000 miles.
No issues. Goes through the carwash just fine. Pretty low profile.

Bad Man

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
I also ordered the Ford factory hood deflector and Ford factory splash guards (mudflaps) for the same reason as Wilhnt4. A lot can happen on the drive back to California from Iowa. I haven't picked up my truck from Granger yet, so I can't comment on how well the factory hood deflector works, but from everything I've read it works well.

cntyguy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 7.3 rapid red lariat tremor
Current Ride #2
Tahoe Z71
First Responder
Ret.
I picked up in granger about 3 weeks ago, got 4500 miles under my belt, and the factory hood deflector is doing really well for me. It is well attached, well supported, and is keeping the hood as clean as it keeps the leading edge of the hood clean. Very happy with it.

blumhagen

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
How is the factory hood deflector attached? I'd prefer to not mess with adhesives

cntyguy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 7.3 rapid red lariat tremor
Current Ride #2
Tahoe Z71
First Responder
Ret.
How is the factory hood deflector attached? I'd prefer to not mess with adhesives
Screwed on with brackets attached to underside of the hood, kept from contacting the hood with several of those self adhesive clear rubber dots stuck to the hood between the hood and deflector.

DeeZ

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
I’m looking for a good bug shield/deflector that has the “SUPER DUTY” wording in it, for my 2022 F350. Is the Ford version the best product or is there something else better?

I’m also looking for some window visors and I’m wondering what the community brain trust recommends? I like the idea of the no-adhesive ones from Weathertech but there seem to be a LOT of complaints about the clips they use stretching out the weather stripping around the window. I’ve had the tape on window visors adhere to the clear coat (granted, it was after about 6 years of use) and it messed up the paint job. Still, I’m open to this attachment method if it’s better - I’ll just remove and replace them every 2-3 years to be safe. What do y’all recommend??
I have the factory installed bug deflector and had the rain guards installed at the dealer upon delivery. Both are great!

LT75

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor lithium grey
My Ford factory deflector shatter coming out of the car wash. It was a touchless car wash but when I got to the blowers it flew right off. the owner came out and apologized. He said he has had many of these ford deflectors snapped because they’re so rigid and stiff. I got the weathertech one with no issues. It has a lot more give.

drtwrm

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-250 Tremor
I’ve got the factory deflector as well and would definitely recommend. It matches the contours of the hood perfectly and blends in especially well with black appearance package trucks.

411F090E-AEDF-4F45-AEE9-2FB2B5F636D2.jpeg

F9B660B6-EF76-4878-A8DA-ACA3EFF383B4.jpeg

andrewstclair

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-350
i know you have an aversion to adhesives but the 2 best items i have found is the low profile tape on rain deflectors by auto vent shade part #894061 in the smoke color NOT matte. also went with the factory stick on bug deflector same as drtwrm

Patriot

F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO

This has been posted about in ad nauseam. A search will provide a lot of info.
The OEM hood protector that has fasteners and (not the tape on version) has worked great for me. Not a fan of the 3m tape on hood protectors at all. With the taped hood protector you can never clean the front of the hood behind the deflector. Spend the extra coin.
With the my Lithium Gray and BAP it’s a seamless blend.
Happy.

175AB1B5-AE19-4231-BD15-50928EC9424F.jpeg

Last edited:

JB South Texas

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Tremor 7.3L Gas
Current Ride #2
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
I ordered these side window shields from Weathertech very easy to install. Tremor a little dirty.

Attachments

• 121881A4-6408-4E78-BD8F-60013DC3B66F.jpeg
    121881A4-6408-4E78-BD8F-60013DC3B66F.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 22

Ron Kennedy

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-250 SD Tremor (Atlas Blue)
Just ordered the factory hood deflector, 20% off online till tomorrow. Never had one on my F-150 and I should have. Trying to protect the beast as much as possible. Had the bumpers poly wrapped a few months ago, I clearly remember what the F-150 bumpers looked like after years of being on the road.

jpeckinp

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2016 F150
I have the WeatherTech in channel visors. I won't be doing them on my 250. They scratch my window tint cause they catch a lot of dirt/dust plus they rattle in the channel after they stretch out the stripping.

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge